Carolina Panthers

All things considered, not a bad draft. Took (reportedly) the best OT prospect in the draft, added a QB without reaching, and got more speed on defense. IF we can get better OL play, keep CMC healthy, and stuff the run better, I think Darnold can manage well enough to not lose games that we should win.

All things considered, not a bad draft. Took (reportedly) the best OT prospect in the draft, added a QB without reaching, and got more speed on defense. IF we can get better OL play, keep CMC healthy, and stuff the run better, I think Darnold can manage well enough to not lose games that we should win.

Rhule always loved him some speed at the college level

I don't love this Baker trade. Yeah, we got him for almost nothing, but he just extends our quest for mediocrity. He's a QB that will win this team about 8 games per season. Not good enough for a real run, and not bad enough to get a top five draft pick. I usually hate "tank the season" guy, but I was kind of hoping to have our pick of one of these stellar QBs in next year's draft.

There's no denying that he makes the team better, though. Maybe it will work out well with Baker...I'd just be surprised if it does.

I don't love this Baker trade. Yeah, we got him for almost nothing, but he just extends our quest for mediocrity. He's a QB that will win this team about 8 games per season. Not good enough for a real run, and not bad enough to get a top five draft pick. I usually hate "tank the season" guy, but I was kind of hoping to have our pick of one of these stellar QBs in next year's draft.

There's no denying that he makes the team better, though. Maybe it will work out well with Baker...I'd just be surprised if it does.

I just dont see it being anywhere near that successful but here’s to being hopeful

It’s time to get rid of Matt Rhule. I’d like to see if Wilks could do anything as interim HC the rest of the way.
Oh, and Mayfield stinks!!

It’s time to get rid of Matt Rhule. I’d like to see if Wilks could do anything as interim HC the rest of the way.
Oh, and Mayfield stinks!!

It was the wrong pick then and still is now.
He made it long enough to get all his buddies free checks
Clean house and start over.

Darnald and Mayfield included!

Reactions: Plecoptera
Today in The NY Times it must have been a slow news day because they say a rumor is making the rounds:

CMC will be traded on or before the deadline
Rhule will take a college job before he is fired

Today in The NY Times it must have been a slow news day because they say a rumor is making the rounds:

CMC will be traded on or before the deadline
Rhule will take a college job before he is fired

I would be ecstatic with both of those rumors. Time to tear this franchise down to the studs and rebuild. Preferably without Tepper, but seems like we're stuck with him.

Reactions: Panthro
I give Tepper a pass this once. You can’t blame him for hiring Rhule, IMO. He was a hot candidate in high demand. Same for Joe Brady. It just hasn’t worked out, but it’s time to cut bait with Rhule and the entire offensive staff.

VN Store

Back