CBS sports 2014 mock draft......3 VOLS 1st RD

Didn't AJ "Slowly" lead the SEC in tackles last year?

He's good at the point of attack, but anybody with a pair of eyeballs knows he doesn't run sideline to sideline very well, and he struggles bigtime in any kind of pass coverage on throws to the middle of the field.

He's good at the point of attack, but anybody with a pair of eyeballs knows he doesn't run sideline to sideline very well, and he struggles bigtime in any kind of pass coverage on throws to the middle of the field.

Yeah he's a straight up run stuffer right now.. He could improve his pursuit speed this offseason tho

He was also asked to do a lot of things out of an overly complicated first year defensive playbook, too. Not knowing where you're speed to be can make you look a lot slower than you are. Especially if it looks like you're playing catch up because you were expecting someone else to cover a particular zone. I watched him and Lathers cover the samev zone too many times last year. Leaving one wide open to play catch up.

Reactions: 1 person
Too high on Aj and too low on tiny. i think aj compares pretty well to rey maualuga at cincy. hes a stud of a tackler in run support but hes not a 3 down lb. has limited coverage skills and like someone else said he isnt great sideline to sideline. at least as of now. maybe he comes out and lights it up this year. And tiny should be a top 5 guy next year with a healthy year and a strong combine.

Reactions: 1 person
I could see Jawuan James going 1st. Round. He'll have 4 yrs starting exp. In the SEC.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 2 people
Whoops. Looks like they mistakenly swapped the draft positions of Seattle and San Fran.

I'll also add, remember when Tajh Boyd wanted to come to Tennessee and Kiffin sent him packing? Good call there.

How can AJ be slow when teams passed like crazy on us and the "speed" killed us yet he still had a bajillion tackles?

Reactions: 2 people
I didn't know Richardson was as good as everyone was saying but he and James are 1st rounders, Stone and Fulton no later than 3rd. However I don't know the other linemen in the country and their stardum.

Didn't AJ "Slowly" lead the SEC in tackles last year?

The leading tacklers are usually just the best tacklers on terrible teams whose defenses spend a lot of time on the field. Sound like any team we know? AJ is at least as slow as Te'o.

Danny Trevathan made a habit of leading the SEC in tackles for Kentucky and got picked in the 6th round. Doubt he'll be in the NFL for long.

Tiny, James, Big Dan, and A.J. are all very capable of going in the first round. Fulton and Stone will go in the top 3 rounds like was said above I think. I honestly think (depending on this year though of course) that Neal will be drafted as well. Couch and Maggitt are both certainly capable as well.

Clowney is a once in decade type player, Bridgewater is good but there's no way you pass on a chance to get a game changer like Clowney

Clowney will change the game like Lawrence Taylor, he is that type of player the big if word dont get hurt, look at his teammate what a shame he was the best back in 10 years excluding AP.

Tiny, James, Big Dan, and A.J. are all very capable of going in the first round. Fulton and Stone will go in the top 3 rounds like was said above I think. I honestly think (depending on this year though of course) that Neal will be drafted as well. Couch and Maggitt are both certainly capable as well.

We can have a draft party for VOLS first rounder, next year, a lot can happen between now and then, some for the good, alot for the bad.

VN Store

Back