Channing Fugate

I think that Kiffin recruited Fugate. He was never favored by Dooley. This is an example where a kid went to the right program at the wrong time. He was a very good running back in high school and had good hands catching the ball. He only had one pass thrown to him at UT and few if any carries. At least he was smart enough to ask for a position change to get on the field.

I would have liked to see him in an i-formation somewhere. Reminds me of the Hester kid at LSU as far as being a big tough back, but Fugate has better speed.

Fugate may very well be one of the most overlooked players on this team. He's excelled at whatever they've asked him to do. Caught every pass thrown to him, be it only a few; turned both returns into positive yardage on kickoffs; is first to the return man this year on special teams....but he's never taken a handoff in the backfield and that's really what he's good at. Stanford, Illinois, Louisville and Western wanted him to carry the ball. He could really help Tennessee in a variety of positions. Remember he gained over 3000 yards in his junior year as a high school tailback, albeit in KY. But 3000 yards is a lot regardless. If he started as linebacker, he'd be one of team's leading tacklers; although he played safety in high school. He ran the wildcat some in high school--turned it into a 400 yard rushing game against a pretty good team. The SEC is quite different--but give him a chance for goodness sake.

He should probably be the guy running the Beast package, IMO; he's less of a casualty than A.J. if he were to get injured, plus he's gonna be more rested most of the time.

Reactions: 2 people
Click on jacks and find all his other posts. He has 27 posts dating back multiple years. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. ABOUT. FUGATE.

Dude, if you aren't his family member or lover, I am really thinking we might ought to warn the KPD about you. Super creepy.

Last edited by dlw4n; Today at 05:27 PM..

Not a family member but watched the kid totally dominate KY high school football. Kiffin as well as Chaney saw the same thing prompting the scholarship

Click on jacks and find all his other posts. He has 27 posts dating back multiple years. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. ABOUT. FUGATE.

Dude, if you aren't his family member or lover, I am really thinking we might ought to warn the KPD about you. Super creepy.

Not a family member but watched the kid totally dominate KY high school football. Kiffin as well as Chaney saw the same thing prompting the scholarship

So you come on VN once every 2 months to post about Fugate and never have anything else to say? Kinda strange. Whatever floats your boat though.

Here: (865) 974-1224......feel free to call and leave a message for our coaches that they need to play Fugate. I am sure they have overlooked him and could use your coaching help.

Because God knows, they never make mistakes.

;)

Nice but not super impressive.

I recall a player named Alexander from KY...holds rushing record at Alabama, I believe also a super bowl MVP. Just because a kid comes from KY doesn't mean he's inferior or a superstar for that matter.

I recall a player named Alexander from KY...holds rushing record at Alabama, I believe also a super bowl MVP. Just because a kid comes from KY doesn't mean he's inferior or a superstar for that matter.

Shaun Alexander didn't win the Super Bowl MVP, it usually goes to a member of the winning team...and it was Hines Ward of the Pittsburgh Steelers who won that, since you know, the Seahawks lost and all of that. Retards are going to retard I guess.

Shaun Alexander didn't win the Super Bowl MVP, it usually goes to a member of the winning team...and it was Hines Ward of the Pittsburgh Steelers who won that, since you know, the Seahawks lost and all of that. Retards are going to retard I guess.

Fugate would win the Heisman if Dooley would just put him at HB.

Oh yeah, I was thinking about Phil Simms from Morehead State in Eastern KY. He was SB MVP I believe. No reason to get upset guys...stay cool

Oh....Okay...because you know that's the same thing as saying holds Alabama Rushing records and stuff....

I hope Jones is able to see how good Channing is.He can play LB;TE or FB.I believe he lead the team last year on special teams tackles.Given a chance he could really help the team.Personally I would love to see him used at what he was brought there to do;be a Hybrid FB.He is a tough kid with a ton of talent and a real STUDENT also.No matter what happens he got a great FREE education and will use it well.He has a bright future.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree that Fugate is wasted here. He was pretty good his freshman year as a blocking back. I heard that he got in Dooley's dog house and could not get out.

I remember him taking a swing pass out of the backfield and showing a burst of speed down the west sideline against Kentucky as a freshman and I have wondered why we have not tried it since. The kid is a baller. I hope he gets a chance with this new staff.

You sir are correct! Shaun Alexander was NFL MVP!

Being a star in Kentucky high school football does not mean you can cut it in the SEC. I like Channing. But I see his future as Rod Wilks replacement,

Rod was a major star at Smyrna...state champ!

Last edited:
I don't get on here and talk smack about our players, but Fugate didn't exactly kill it as a lead blocker.

I believe he came in and replaced the starting FB as a Freshman and he was alot better than Barf-alow-moo.He got Bray killed.

VN Store

Back