Channing Fugate

Where is Channing Fugate you ask? Well around lunch time I saw him on the 4th floor of Claxton.

There that should clear things up.

I was making a comment... Do you hand wash his jock or something...

He prefers Cheer to Tide.And use only cold water.I'm just saying he deserves a chance.Dooley was an idiot and everyone knows it.He didn't like Channing but when Channing was in he did his job.

I like Channing. If he shows heart and determination in practice, he will see the field on game day. I would even go as far as saying CBJ would create an opertunity for a player who's position is not a priority in his offense, if that player shows that presence in practice.

You didn't get my radar up.I just looked at alot of your older posts and looks like a bunch of little "jab" remarks.If you have something to say;say it.

When I said he was special teamer, it seemed like he made a lot of tackles or was in on a lot if tackles.. Beyond that it seems like he can't earn more time... That is it...

It's a shame he wasn't given a legitimate chance to run the ball. He should have been used as a power HB. He only gained the weight to play FB. Everyone should watch his junior and senior HL videos in high school where he averaged over 10-11 yds a carry with over 3,000 yds and 38 tds his junior season alone. He could have been another John Riggins with the exact same size and speed.

Reactions: 2 people
It's a shame he wasn't given a legitimate chance to run the ball. He should have been used as a power HB. He only gained the weight to play FB. Everyone should watch his junior and senior HL videos in high school where he averaged over 10-11 yds a carry with over 3,000 yds and 38 tds his junior season alone. He could have been another John Riggins with the exact same size and speed.

Dooley was an idiot. 3 things to prove that....1) benching a promising FB named Channing Fugate for making a freshman mistake on the road at UGA. He was a stud FB/H-back in the making. I'm talking NFL fullback. 2) Moving a promising young WR named Teague to DB. He ruined Teague with the move. 3) Moving Neal to WR when IMO it was a real possibility that he could have beaten out Poole.

Reactions: 3 people
Dooley was an idiot. 3 things to prove that....1) benching a promising FB named Channing Fugate for making a freshman mistake on the road at UGA. He was a stud FB/H-back in the making. I'm talking NFL fullback. 2) Moving a promising young WR named Teague to DB. He ruined Teague with the move. 3) Moving Neal to WR when IMO it was a real possibility that he could have beaten out Poole.

4) Not knowing how to use timeouts 5) Being a terrible coach

Reactions: 1 person
we already have a hard inside runner with Hill. and we are thin at LB, so if Fugate can keep improving there, i see no reason why they should try to move him. if he is that fast, we can use him in coverage situations hopefully. CBJ's offense does not utilize a FB so it would be pointless to move him back to that.

so 'jacks' changed his name in mid-thread. None of us will ever catch on to that........:eek:lol:

we already have a hard inside runner with Hill. and we are thin at LB, so if Fugate can keep improving there, i see no reason why they should try to move him. if he is that fast, we can use him in coverage situations hopefully. CBJ's offense does not utilize a FB so it would be pointless to move him back to that.

He runs the 40 in 4.55. I also don't understand why most HB's these days are 5-9 205 lbs. Whatever happened to the big fast power HB's 6-2 230 with the same speed as the little guys in Fugate's case?

Fugate would win the Heisman if Dooley would just put him at HB.

I couldn't agree more. The year he rushed for over 3,000 yds as a junior in high school he did it with only an avg of 17 carries a game. The all-time leading rusher in KY history was Shawn Alexander (former NFL reg. season MVP with the Seahawks) with only a couple hundred more yds (3,200) than Fugate but with 149 more carries for the season. Give Fugate 15 carries and 5 passes a game from the HB position and he would easily be one of the best HB's in Div 1. UT would also win a few more games.

I couldn't agree more. The year he rushed for over 3,000 yds as a junior in high school he did it with only an avg of 17 carries a game. The all-time leading rusher in KY history was Shawn Alexander (former NFL reg. season MVP with the Seahawks) with only a couple hundred more yds (3,200) than Fugate but with 149 more carries for the season. Give Fugate 15 carries and 5 passes a game from the HB position and he would easily be one of the best HB's in Div 1. UT would also win a few more games.

they moved him to LB because he no longer cared to play offense..

Kid gave it his all for ut I respect that anyday. Also has a degree and will probably do good things in life. Can't hate on the kid for not having the best situation while he was here coaching wise

Oh the haters can hate. With them, it never stops.

so 'jacks' changed his name in mid-thread. None of us will ever catch on to that........:eek:lol:

Wrong again...but I guess you're used to it. No, Jacks is still here, just monitoring most of the time. Fugate will contribute where he can. For the most part, he's been a terrible waste of talent at UT.

they moved him to LB because he no longer cared to play offense..

That was only after they gave his FB position to Bartholomew and Dooley proved he was not going to use the FB for nothing but blocking. Channing is a touchdown scoring machine scoring around 100 tds in his high school career so I could see why the change to defense would be better for him given the situation.

VN Store

Back