Charges Dropped in the Jussie Smollett Case

From what I have read about the sentencing guidelines in this, he could have gotten much more time than what he did. The max sentence possible was three years. Just my personal opinion, but I think he should have received the max sentence. He did immense harm to folks that are actually victims of racist and homophobic hate crimes. I'm with the judge on this, except for the jail time:

[Judge] Linn excoriated Smollett prior to handing down his sentence for what he referred to as "misconduct and shenanigans."

"I'm going to tell you Mr. Smollett, I know that there is nothing that I will do here today that will come close to the damage you've already done to your own life," Linn said.

In considering the sentence, Linn said Smollett's "extreme" premeditation of the crime was an aggravating factor. He also said the actor had denigrated the experiences of real hate crime victims, calling him a "charlatan" and a liar.

"You got on the witness stand. You didn't have to. You did. You certainly had a right to. But you committed hour upon hour upon hour of perjury," Linn said.

Jussie Smollett sentenced to 150 days in jail, 30 months' probation before emotional outburst

From what I have read about the sentencing guidelines in this, he could have gotten much more time than what he did. The max sentence possible was three years. Just my personal opinion, but I think he should have received the max sentence. He did immense harm to folks that are actually victims of racist and homophobic hate crimes. I'm with the judge on this, except for the jail time:

[Judge] Linn excoriated Smollett prior to handing down his sentence for what he referred to as "misconduct and shenanigans."

"I'm going to tell you Mr. Smollett, I know that there is nothing that I will do here today that will come close to the damage you've already done to your own life," Linn said.

In considering the sentence, Linn said Smollett's "extreme" premeditation of the crime was an aggravating factor. He also said the actor had denigrated the experiences of real hate crime victims, calling him a "charlatan" and a liar.

"You got on the witness stand. You didn't have to. You did. You certainly had a right to. But you committed hour upon hour upon hour of perjury," Linn said.

Jussie Smollett sentenced to 150 days in jail, 30 months' probation before emotional outburst
When he was leaving the court room yelling the judge should have pulled him back in there and tacked more on him.

Someone cracked a joke, and I can't remember if it was here or somewhere else, that his next hoax is a planted noose that he will point to as proof he's at risk of a hate crime.

All joking aside, I hope no one is thinking about doing anything to him.

Such bs. He’ll lose the appeal and it would be nice if they could adjust his sentence to something longer. Also, is it normal that once convicted that you get to roam free while awaiting an appeal?

For a non-violent crime with a relatively short sentence, yeah. This is SOP.

Charges Dropped In Jussie Smollett Case
Don't be surprised to start seeing more fake attacks going forward.

1. Jussie should be made an example of so real cases like his aren't shoved aside because of his lying out the lips on his anus.
2. Fake attacks were/are already happening and have been for a while. The rise in Karen attacks on minorities, men in general, etc. They come in the form of classical Karen attacks, fake MeToo'ers, false assault claims, even vague statements when no such claims are even alleged. I repeat, Jussie should be made to pay the highest cost, because he dilutes bona fide claims.

A. White woman calls cops on black child she says touched her butt
B. https://www.opposingviews.com/socie...ccused-army-colonel-of-raping-her-learns-fate
C. The Impact of False Domestic Abuse Claims Used in Court

VN Store

Back