Chase Burns....

I believe the slot bonus for Chase Burns is $9,785,000 (which is more than what Skenes got at #1). Paid out in 2 installments, pay your agent 4%, and let Uncle Sam take his cut. Still walking away with $6m net?

His mental make doesn't care what you think and he's going to have a comfortable life for the rest of his life whether baseball works out or not.
It will be comfortable for sure but he also gets hit with a jock tax so he won’t come close to 6M in net, closer to 5 or about that

Chase Burns fanboi much? 🧐

🤣🤣🤣
Dude was a cancer at UT and is one reason a lot of the players were happy when he left, so I don’t wish him any ill will or anything, but I could care less what he does in MLB and that includes being an all star or a bust, doesn’t matter much to me because he was a diva that only cared about himself and he left a team that won a Natty to a team that was number 1 in the country at one point and couldn’t make the World Series.

Dude was a cancer at UT and is one reason a lot of the players were happy when he left, so I don’t wish him any ill will or anything, but I could care less what he does in MLB and that includes being an all star or a bust, doesn’t matter much to me because he was a diva that only cared about himself and he left a team that won a Natty to a team that was number 1 in the country at one point and couldn’t make the World Series.
You actually talked to players that said he was a cancer. I've yet to talk to a player that says they were glad he was gone. They may have said if he didn't want to be here then he should go but that is not glad he is gone. I've heard a lot of quotes of players said this and that about Chase but no one has quoted a player who said it and I've never heard a player say it or that a player said it. And I talked to a lot of players over the past year.

You actually talked to players that said he was a cancer. I've yet to talk to a player that says they were glad he was gone. They may have said if he didn't want to be here then he should go but that is not glad he is gone. I've heard a lot of quotes of players said this and that about Chase but no one has quoted a player who said it and I've never heard a player say it or that a player said it. And I talked to a lot of players over the past year.
How much do you talk to players when they aren’t out on the field or at the ballpark? I’m not going to give names but I know 2 that were happy he left because he was all about himself and couldn’t care less about the team and this team was great no doubt, but they also played together as a team through thick and thin and Chase was NOT that way. He got what he wanted which was a high draft pick and he didn’t care about anyone else to get there. I’m just glad our guys have rings to remember their time together no matter how far they make it in MLB!

How much do you talk to players when they aren’t out on the field or at the ballpark? I’m not going to give names but I know 2 that were happy he left because he was all about himself and couldn’t care less about the team and this team was great no doubt, but they also played together as a team through thick and thin and Chase was NOT that way. He got what he wanted which was a high draft pick and he didn’t care about anyone else to get there. I’m just glad our guys have rings to remember their time together no matter how far they make it in MLB!
Pretty much every day in some form or fashion with about 20 of them. I ate dinner with 18 different players over the past 2 months and 12 different ones in Omaha so I have pretty good connections. I also did interviews with every starter this year and we usually talked for about 30 minutes not on air. So I guess I have a pretty good connection with many of them. I asked over half the contributors last year what they thought when he transferred and got he was a fiery teammate who helped us win. I asked about bad attitude and none gave me that. So, I'm just saying. I'm not saying I wish he had stayed because I had multiple conversations with him about his choice and he was listening to people who did not have his best interest and he didn't end up getting what he wanted which was to be the Friday guy. I reminded him that sometimes in life we only see things through our eyes and those are not always clear.

Pretty much every day in some form or fashion with about 20 of them. I ate dinner with 18 different players over the past 2 months and 12 different ones in Omaha so I have pretty good connections. I also did interviews with every starter this year and we usually talked for about 30 minutes not on air. So I guess I have a pretty good connection with many of them. I asked over half the contributors last year what they thought when he transferred and got he was a fiery teammate who helped us win. I asked about bad attitude and none gave me that. So, I'm just saying. I'm not saying I wish he had stayed because I had multiple conversations with him about his choice and he was listening to people who did not have his best interest and he didn't end up getting what he wanted which was to be the Friday guy. I reminded him that sometimes in life we only see things through our eyes and those are not always clear.
Well, now you are just bragging. 🤣

How much do you talk to players when they aren’t out on the field or at the ballpark?

I am not sure how much time you have spent in this forum, but, please take my word on this. Believe Preacher's post. Challenging his creds will make you lose credibility here.

As much as we all heard about his lack of a third pitch; I suspect he will stay in development status until he gets one he can thrown at least semi regularly. Especially if he maintains the dream of being a starter.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
The pick makes sense imo. The Reds will never (or very, very rarely) get a top-tier talent in free agency due to the ballpark and wind dynamics. Drafting is pretty much the only way to go unless you can snag a under-the-radar guy like Andrew Abbott (arguable if he is a top-tier talent though).

Whatever Burns was, he left the program, went to Wake, we won a NC and Burns' departure is all History today. So be it. We did well without him and perhaps we would have done better with him. Bottom Line: History.

Reactions: Ritzwatch
Whatever Burns was, he left the program, went to Wake, we won a NC and Burns' departure is all History today. So be it. We did well without him and perhaps we would have done better with him. Bottom Line: History.
He missed a chance to play for the greatest college baseball team of all time. Sucks for him but he will probably be ok.😀

2, ya say?

I'm amazed at the energy that is put into hating this guy. Ultimately, he thought it was in his best interests to go somewhere else. Whether that's true or not, it turned out well for him and he got the shot (and the money) he wanted. And we did just fine without him. If I hear he's out there trashing our program or our guys, I'll feel differently, but until then, I appreciate what he did for us last year and wish him the best going forward. Lots of kids move on for various reasons. We don't have to act like our boyfriend dumped us and come up with all the reasons we didn't want him anyway. We've got a kick-ass program, and one person isn't going to make or break it.

I'm amazed at the energy that is put into hating this guy. Ultimately, he thought it was in his best interests to go somewhere else. Whether that's true or not, it turned out well for him and he got the shot (and the money) he wanted. And we did just fine without him. If I hear he's out there trashing our program or our guys, I'll feel differently, but until then, I appreciate what he did for us last year and wish him the best going forward. Lots of kids move on for various reasons. We don't have to act like our boyfriend dumped us and come up with all the reasons we didn't want him anyway. We've got a kick-ass program, and one person isn't going to make or break it.
First if you don’t like the energy it’s real easy to ignore posts on here and go to stuff you do like. There’s tens of thousands of threads on here. Second, yeah he has trashed this program, he talked bad about TV, talked bad about the rest of the coaching staff all because he sucked and TV had to move him out of the starters role! That doesn’t happen if he didn’t cost the team wins and sucked last year! So instead of taking it like a man and getting better he pissed all over the program, especially TV and Anderson! So yes it worked out for everyone and that’s great, but even if he was on a MLB team I liked I’d never cheer for the bum and at this point I don’t care if he has to ride it out in the minors his entire career and never makes it to MLB! If you don’t like that opinion of him I really don’t care, I just know how he treated this program and this staff after he himself cost himself a starters role!

Reactions: tn4elvis
First if you don’t like the energy it’s real easy to ignore posts on here and go to stuff you do like. There’s tens of thousands of threads on here. Second, yeah he has trashed this program, he talked bad about TV, talked bad about the rest of the coaching staff all because he sucked and TV had to move him out of the starters role! That doesn’t happen if he didn’t cost the team wins and sucked last year! So instead of taking it like a man and getting better he pissed all over the program, especially TV and Anderson! So yes it worked out for everyone and that’s great, but even if he was on a MLB team I liked I’d never cheer for the bum and at this point I don’t care if he has to ride it out in the minors his entire career and never makes it to MLB! If you don’t like that opinion of him I really don’t care, I just know how he treated this program and this staff after he himself cost himself a starters role!
Maybe you take a little of your own advice and ignore my post if you don't like it. Continue to be hung up in negativity if it makes you happy. I'm going to enjoy my life and not let a college kid or someone disagreeing with my post on VolNation get me down.

Maybe you take a little of your own advice and ignore my post if you don't like it. Continue to be hung up in negativity if it makes you happy. I'm going to enjoy my life and not let a college kid or someone disagreeing with my post on VolNation get me down.
You are the one that posted first about the energy it takes to hate someone. I don’t hate him, just don’t care enough about him to wish him luck in MLB because of the way he treated the coach and the team that I cheer on, not a hatred at all and only in this post have I wasted any energy even thinking about him. Although I guess that is wrong since I do think of him everytime I think of the National Championship the team won and if he hadn’t hurt his ego here and taken his ball elsewhere, not only would he still have been a top pick he also would have a ring, instead he ended up being on a team with 3 top 10 picks that couldn’t even make it out of a regional, now I do think that is hilarious! In the end it worked out for UT, got rid of a locker room cancer and won a Natty, he became the 2nd pick of the draft without that feeling of being a champ.

VN Store

Back