China owning US farmland

right, because if there is anything the government's recent actions have shown us is that you give them a little bit of power they will only take that much and no more. Its a good thing various government agencies haven't been politicized and turned against its own citizens over purely political stances.

Yep, that is a danger and that is why any laws preventing foreign ownership of real property should be done at the state level.

Yep, that is a danger and that is why any laws preventing foreign ownership of real property should be done at the state level.
wouldn't that require the state to limit land ownership to just those who were residents of their state?

No, that would be unconstitutional as a violation of the interstate commerce clause.
Maybe TN was doing business with this particular Chinese owned farm in Arkansas. seems like that would be an interstate commerce issue that was ignored previously.

@MadeInTheUSANJ

Saudi Arabia owns the 45th Floor of Trump Tower.

China owns the 21st Floor of Trump Tower.

Russia owns the 63rd Floor of Trump Tower

The MAGA Republican cult doesn’t want us talking about this on Xhitter.

This is why you never elect a corrupt businessman/con man as president.

@MadeInTheUSANJ

Got any thing that backs up this post?

Reactions: InVOLuntary
@MadeInTheUSANJ

It's better to elect a President that gives money to Iran. Thanks for convincing me.

@MadeInTheUSANJ

This is not talking about forigners owning RESIDENCES - though that its own case - this is about them owning farmland and commercial and industrial land. The very means for production we depend on.

You are either being a partisan hack who is too dumb to know the difference or you simply like to stir things up - I know I am leaning toward 1+1.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
This is not talking about forigners owning RESIDENCES - though that its own case - this is about them owning farmland and commercial and industrial land. The very means for production we depend on.

You are either being a partisan hack who is too dumb to know the difference or you simply like to stir things up - I know I am leaning toward 1+1.
we have tons of foreign owned and operated foreign companies. look at the cars and tech. they own plenty of land.

and probably the biggest threat to any farm or industrial are residential developments buying them out. many of which are pushed by foreign capital if not downright owned by foreigners. like Blackrock is just a front for the Chinese its an "American" registered company, but its ALL Chinese money.

are we going to kick out all foreign companies now? Keep them from owning any property? You going to kick Nissan out of Smyrna? Volkswagen out of Chattanooga?

we have tons of foreign owned and operated foreign companies. look at the cars and tech. they own plenty of land.

and probably the biggest threat to any farm or industrial are residential developments buying them out. many of which are pushed by foreign capital if not downright owned by foreigners. like Blackrock is just a front for the Chinese its an "American" registered company, but its ALL Chinese money.

are we going to kick out all foreign companies now? Keep them from owning any property? You going to kick Nissan out of Smyrna? Volkswagen out of Chattanooga?

Why would we kick any of those companies out of the country. Just adjust our (state not federal) laws to mimic most other foreign nations property ownership laws. VW wants to own a plant here in TN great, start a separate, independent US based and registered corporation, buy the land, build your plant and then VW of Germany can lease it. There are other ways around that but in general to own real property in TN a US citizen or US based company must own the property.

You're being a bit hysterical. This is the way business is done in most of the world.

Two things, first let's start with the commercial and industrial land. The US policymakers on both sides of the aisle have deindustrialized us and have tried to make us a service-based economy. So heaven forbid a foreign company comes in and actually engages in some productive activity here. If the Chinese are really doing this at level that is cause for concern, then you need to be questioning WTF do the Chinese see here that domestic producers do not see and utilize?

With regards to farmland, what is the major concern here? Now I agree that the situation in Arizona and alfalfa farming and the depletion of the aquifers is an issue. But outside of a situation like that, what harm is it really in them having the farm land? Is it your desire to see this farm land be used by Americans? If so, will it be just a hand over from the Chinese to a multination company based here? What kind of GMO/frankenfood/glyphosate crops are they going to be growing? And the assumption is that they are growing for domestic consumption or will they be still using the farm land to serve the needs of China?

Why would we kick any of those companies out of the country. Just adjust our (state not federal) laws to mimic most other foreign nations property ownership laws. VW wants to own a plant here in TN great, start a separate, independent US based and registered corporation, buy the land, build your plant and then VW of Germany can lease it. There are other ways around that but in general to own real property in TN a US citizen or US based company must own the property.

You're being a bit hysterical. This is the way business is done in most of the world.
Go back and read the article. that is what happened in Arkansas. Chinese company worked through a US company to own the land.

" said Northrup King Seed Co., a subsidiary of Syngenta Seeds, which is owned by China National Chemical Company, or ChemChina, a Chinese state-owned company, has two years to divest the property in Craighead County."

I am not seeing the distinction here.

Two things, first let's start with the commercial and industrial land. The US policymakers on both sides of the aisle have deindustrialized us and have tried to make us a service-based economy. So heaven forbid a foreign company comes in and actually engages in some productive activity here. If the Chinese are really doing this at level that is cause for concern, then you need to be questioning WTF do the Chinese see here that domestic producers do not see and utilize?

With regards to farmland, what is the major concern here? Now I agree that the situation in Arizona and alfalfa farming and the depletion of the aquifers is an issue. But outside of a situation like that, what harm is it really in them having the farm land? Is it your desire to see this farm land be used by Americans? If so, will it be just a hand over from the Chinese to a multination company based here? What kind of GMO/frankenfood/glyphosate crops are they going to be growing? And the assumption is that they are growing for domestic consumption or will they be still using the farm land to serve the needs of China?
Also this company owned 160 acres. there are family plots bigger than that. not sure how that is a threat.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Go back and read the article. that is what happened in Arkansas. Chinese company worked through a US company to own the land.

" said Northrup King Seed Co., a subsidiary of Syngenta Seeds, which is owned by China National Chemical Company, or ChemChina, a Chinese state-owned company, has two years to divest the property in Craighead County."

I am not seeing the distinction here.

You refuse to see the distinction.

You refuse to see the distinction.
you want a US company to own the land and the foreign company to lease it.

in Arkansas a US company owns the land and a Chinese company leases it. a whole 160 acres.

Northrup King is the one who has to divest. they are a US company. explain the difference.

you want a US company to own the land and the foreign company to lease it.

in Arkansas a US company owns the land and a Chinese company leases it. a whole 160 acres.

Northrup King is the one who has to divest. they are a US company. explain the difference.

No, the Chinese firm owns the company that owns the land. 100% owns

@MadeInTheUSANJ

China owns 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. 🤣

@MadeInTheUSANJ

What does any of this have to do with China owning 384k acres of US farmland??

All he does is bring Trump into anything and everything. He is the poster child for someone living rent free in someone’s head.

What does any of this have to do with China owning 384k acres of US farmland??
Bill Gates and Blackrock should concern you all just as much, if not more than he Chinese.

I still haven't gotten a n answer as to why the Chinese owning the land is an issue. Unlike Gates and Blackrock, they are not sitting on productive land just holding it, the Chinese are actually putting it to use. Them putting it to use is a net positive economic impact.

Chinese, unlike Americans, are about business.

Bill Gates and Blackrock should concern you all just as much, if not more than he Chinese.

I still haven't gotten a n answer as to why the Chinese owning the land is an issue. Unlike Gates and Blackrock, they are not sitting on productive land just holding it, the Chinese are actually putting it to use. Them putting it to use is a net positive economic impact.

Chinese, unlike Americans, are about business.
If you don’t understand why China owning that much farmland in the US is a major problem then I don’t know what to tell you. Believe whatever you want. Gates and Blackrock are big problems. So is China. Seeings how Biden is beholden to China, it’s a big deal. I don’t want any foreign nation to own ANY US farmland. As a matter of fact they shouldn’t be allowed to own any US farmland. Jesus man do you hate America that much???

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
If you don’t understand why China owning that much farmland in the US is a major problem then I don’t know what to tell you.
I've asked several times in here what the real issue is. I'm open to hear what the concerns are.

Believe whatever you want. Gates and Blackrock are big problems. So is China. Seeings how Biden is beholden to China, it’s a big deal. I don’t want any foreign nation to own ANY US farmland. As a matter of fact they shouldn’t be allowed to own any US farmland.
You have all of this concern for Biden being corrupt and beholden to China, yet you want him to conduct a three front war for the US in Ukraine, Palestine and the Taiwan Straits.

Jesus man do you hate America that much???
I'm the only pro-American left it seems. I've been screaming we need to mind our own business, bring the troops home, have them shut down the border and we need to start moving towards a more industrialized economy that is fueled by domestic energy sources. However, if right now the Chinese are using our land for productive purposes, I simply don't see the crime.

VN Store

Back