China Thread

hey Ras, remember when you were saying the US wasn't needed to maintain shipping lanes over near China. And that China wouldn't shut down any commerce because it was bad for them?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

hey Ras, remember when you were saying the US wasn't needed to maintain shipping lanes over near China. And that China wouldn't shut down any commerce because it was bad for them?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

It looks like RP dismantled the barrier. If so, it will be interesting to see PRC's response.
On a related note:
edit: I forgot to thank Obama for letting them effectively seize and then militarize the SCS without the least bit of resistance from us.

Last edited:

Can intercept ballistic missiles in terminal phase.
Can strike stationary targets on land.
Can strike moving targets at sea.

Can probably easily fit 2 of these on the flight deck of every LCS. More dots on the map.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Crisis at Evergrande deepens as it misses another bond payment

Hong Kong CNN Evergrande Group has just missed another bond payment, casting further doubt over the future of the embattled property developer at the epicenter of China’s real estate crisis.

Hengda Real Estate, Evergrande’s flagship unit in mainland China, missed principal and interest payments on Monday on an onshore 4 billion yuan ($547 million) bond, the company said in a filing to the Shenzhen Stock Exchange.

Going to be a lot of problems if the real estate bubble pops.

Reactions: Volsdeep4 and AM64
Dude, China owns most of our government so you shouldn’t be surprised they get what they’ve paid for.
Blackrock may even want to bail out CCP. These multinationals are killing national interests.
We literally spend trillions in defense to counter each other at the same time. Pure lunacy.

CCP F-35 copy. Guess those terabytes of stolen data paid off

The bright side could be the Chinese clones may be no more reliable (availability) than our originals they copied. Imagine a war based around stealth fighters that can't fly because they are too technologically complex to keep running.

1000 ICBM silos aimed right at us while we have $1T in trade. I would say the last 50 years of policy has been a disaster and is now a nightmare. We were sold out by DC.

EXCLUSIVE: 55 Chinese sailors are feared dead after nuclear submarine 'gets caught in a trap intended to snare British and US vessels in the Yellow Sea'​

Fifty-five Chinese sailors are feared dead after their nuclear submarine apparently got caught in a trap intended to ensnare British sub-surface vessels in the Yellow Sea.

According to a secret UK report the seamen died following a catastrophic failure of the submarine's oxygen systems which poisoned the crew.

Officially, China has denied the incident took place. It also appears Beijing refused to request international assistance for its stricken submarine.

what size warheads they using on these hypersonics? can’t say I ever seen it mentioned. wonder if you could out nukes on them. Think Russia said they could.

That was going to be my question. Great, we got a fast ass missile only good for stationary targets but how much boom can it carry?

what size warheads they using on these hypersonics? can’t say I ever seen it mentioned. wonder if you could out nukes on them. Think Russia said they could.

That was going to be my question. Great, we got a fast ass missile only good for stationary targets but how much boom can it carry?

None. No “warhead”, not in the conventional sense. These won’t carry a 141lb blast fragmentation warhead.

They carry “kinetic kill vehicles”. A 3 ft long dagger of some sort of super heavy metal (depleted uranium?).

When you hit a target with one of those, traveling at Mach 17… obliterates it.

None. No “warhead”, not in the conventional sense. These won’t carry a 141lb blast fragmentation warhead.

They carry “kinetic kill vehicles”. A 3 ft long dagger of some sort of super heavy metal (depleted uranium?).

When you hit a target with one of those, traveling at Mach 17… obliterates it.

How big of a target? I can see it being a great anti-missile silo or other static strategic target weapon but without it being maneuverable it's pretty useless against ships.

How big of a target? I can see it being a great anti-missile silo or other static strategic target weapon but without it being maneuverable it's pretty useless against ships.
It would rip a fatal hole in the side of a ship. And it will hit moving targets.

Tomahawk couldn’t hit a moving target. It does now.
SM-6 couldn’t hit a moving target. It does now.

These will too.

Range.

It’s the range (at speed) that is the real game changer with these.

SM-6 can reach out 200 miles
SM-3 can push out 600 miles

These are going to push 1800 miles, at Mach 17. They will collapse China’s denial bubble.

It would rip a fatal hole in the side of a ship. And it will hit moving targets.

Tomahawk couldn’t hit a moving target. It does now.
SM-6 couldn’t hit a moving target. It does now.

These will too.

If they can get it to maneuver at those speeds without ripping itself apart it will be a ship killer.

Sure. I’d say we probably could. We can put a warhead on the end of a Tomahawk.

But a Trident can travel 8,000 miles at Mach 24.

If it comes to that.

Range.

It’s the range (at speed) that is the real game changer with these.

SM-6 can reach out 200 miles
SM-3 can push out 600 miles

These are going to push 1800 miles, at Mach 17. They will collapse China’s denial bubble.

Only if they get it to where it can hit a moving target and by moving I mean zig-zagging or other evasive tactics. Otherwise the missile would only be good for ships in port.

Difficult to know the truth..could be MIC, anti weapons scientists or just plain national pride,
If the Ukraine stories of Patriots (not sure which type) shooting down missiles, really makes me wonder. I am sure they are useful for high value targets but will never be ubiquitous. Apparently the cost orders of magnitude greater than BMs.

Only if they get it to where it can hit a moving target and by moving I mean zig-zagging or other evasive tactics. Otherwise the missile would only be good for ships in port.
Chinese Radars. The super high end radars that could potentially track F-35 or B-21.

Those might be priority targets for these hypersonics in their initial (static target) configurations.

VN Store

Back