Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

Thompson’s Summer Re-Stock: four 5-packs for $79.99. With a coupon, I received an additional $6 off and free standard shipping. Twenty fine cigars for $78.43, taxes included.

The re-stock special has a limited selection, much more so than 5-pack fever. Still, I scored robustos - Brick House, Montecristo, Macanudo, and Torano Casa Torano (new to me).

Last edited:
Reactions: txbo and loggervol
Btw - saw Thompson has their $20 for 5 pack sale on.
I wish to thank you, again, for the tip on Thompson 5-pack fever. It has provided the opportunity to explore cigars with single stick retail prices beyond my price tolerance. Winning discoveries include the AB Prensado, the Cohiba Red Dot, the Cohiba Connecticut Robusto, and the AVO Classic.

I wish to thank you, again, for the tip on Thompson 5-pack fever. It has provided the opportunity to explore cigars with single stick retail prices beyond my price tolerance. Winning discoveries include the AB Prensado, the Cohiba Red Dot, the Cohiba Connecticut Robusto, and the AVO Classic.

Dont forget cohiba macassar and my fathers and of course Oliva Melanios

A brief survey of last night’s storm damage shows my property largely unscathed. However, my neighbor’s silver maple took a beating. He’s having it taken down this morning. After chatting with him, I lit up my first Casa Torano. Strong pepper just after lighting settles down to a smooth but rich flavor - spice with a little sweetness - a mild to medium smoke. Excellent draw with cloud of smoke. Good ash, even in the presence of my oscillating fan six feet away. It is described as a blend of Dominican and Nicaraguan long leaf filler with a shade grown Ecuadorian wrapper. It compares favorably to Arturo Fuentes Chateau Fuente. 👍🏼

A brief survey of last night’s storm damage shows my property largely unscathed. However, my neighbor’s silver maple took a beating. He’s having it taken down this morning. After chatting with him, I lit up my first Casa Torano. Strong pepper just after lighting settles down to a smooth but rich flavor - spice with a little sweetness - a mild to medium smoke. Excellent draw with cloud of smoke. Good ash, even in the presence of my oscillating fan six feet away. It is described as a blend of Dominican and Nicaraguan long leaf filler with a shade grown Ecuadorian wrapper. It compares favorably to Arturo Fuentes Chateau Fuente. 👍🏼

basically, a nice conny with a bit of pepper on the front? That you would compare it to AF is high praise.

Christmas in July! Look what came in the mail today!
IMG_2403.jpeg
I honestly have no idea how my guy gets these. Nobody online seems to keep these in stock (BHK 56s) and if they do, the prices are insane. Even the Siglo IV are out of stock on a lot of places. No idea where he gets them but he has all kinds of stuff.

Last edited:
Christmas in July! Look what came in the mail today!
View attachment 564824
I honestly have no idea how my guy gets these. Nobody online seems to keep these in stock (BHK 56s) and if they do, the prices are insane. Even the Siglo IV are out of stock on a lot of places. No idea where he gets them but he has all kinds of stuff.
Oh bravo. The Siglo IV is my favorite size Cohiba. Enjoy.

VN Store

Back