Clay Travis vs Erik Ainge

It had to have made the show better. I try to listen to Basilio, but man it's hard.

Like Basilio or not, for Ainge to cut into his show to complain about what a caller said in Nashville was quite awkward.

Address that kind of stuff off-air, if you must at all.

Reactions: 1 person
Like Basilio or not, for Ainge to cut into his show to complain about what a caller said in Nashville was quite awkward.

What did cattleman say that pissed Ainge off? Ainge and Basilio were about the only local shows that would take his call. It surprises me all the people calling in voting not to ban cattleman.

Last edited:
What did cattleman say that pissed Ainge off?

I don't know. According to another caller, his call to Travis was basically like a call he made to Basilio earlier this week, where he talked up Travis' "professionalism" and talked down some of the TSR hosts, who he says only got their radio jobs because they were UT athletes.

Yeah Tony probably had some golden insight about the administration that we hadn't heard for three consecutive days
Posted via VolNation Mobile

does anyone have a link to the clay thomas show from yesterday? i am interested in hearing the infamous cattle call.

What did cattleman say that pissed Ainge off? Ainge and Basilio were about the only local shows that would take his call. It surprises me all the people calling in voting not to ban cattleman.

what a joke that dude is... the only expertise he could possibly provide is how to call various radio talk shows while simultaneously stalking middle school girls

Reactions: 3 people
I'm surprised no discussion about Travis' article today.

Vandy Coach Invites UT Fan To Visit For Ass-Kicking : Outkick The Coverage

Of course I had to think this is the same guy who would pee his pants if he met Ainge face to face.

Sorry...i'm not going to use an article ridiculing a d-bag fan (which team he supports doesn't matter) who tweeted about someone's wife as a reason for hating Clay. He'll give you plenty of reasons to hate him, that article isn't one.

I'm surprised no discussion about Travis' article today.

Vandy Coach Invites UT Fan To Visit For Ass-Kicking : Outkick The Coverage

Of course I had to think this is the same guy who would pee his pants if he met Ainge face to face.

I cannot stand people on there saying this is a "UTish" thing to do. I posted this on some Vandy fans wall. Let's see if he responds to reasonable discussion (probably not).

He said:

"Eh, seems like a very UT-ish things to do. Also a very Memphis thing....

Hilarious response though, Clay. Thanks for calling this ******* out. That's what these cyber-badasses need, to lose their anonymity. All of a sudden they become less bad ass and more just plain bad.
"

I said:

"C'mon. It's not a "UTish" thing to do whatsoever. No one at the University of Tennessee advocates this behavior. Such generalizations are simply ignorant. I love Tennessee and dislike certain personalities; Clay Travis being one. But it doesn't mean I want him harmed or his family's decency attacked. Begin to simply call it what it is. An idiot, being idiotic. His fandom is not representative of the fan base I adhere to. Good day."

Sorry...i'm not going to use an article ridiculing a d-bag fan (which team he supports doesn't matter) who tweeted about someone's wife as a reason for hating Clay. He'll give you plenty of reasons to hate him, that article isn't one.

I don't disagree, I just think it's funny how he continues to react like a 14 year old on this stuff.

was it clear he is even a UT fan? I must have missed that.

And what did texting Butch Jones have to do with the story?

VN Store

Back