Clem's son and Free Shoes University joining the B1G

we saw how that worked out for OU/OkSt, UCLA/Cal. there may be some penalty paid out, but I doubt it stops the shift. too much money.
It really is a shame and absolutely ridiculous that 3 schools all within half an hour of one another are potentially going to be in 3 different conferences. Not to mention that the best rivalry in college basketball is possibly going away. Duke vs Carolina isn’t college basketball’s Bedlam going away or Cal / Stanford or Oklahoma vs Nebraska . This would be Ohio State vs Michigan, the Iron Bowl and whatever else comparable in college football being taken away, except the two schools are 8 miles apart. Makes zero sense.

Let’s hope not.

The idea that diluted SEC is worth as much per game as undiluted SEC is pretty stupid.

I may be wrong, but I think “market area” ideas for TV are also really stupid. Nobody cares at all. I watched Winston Cup collapse over that. That used to be a big deal.

Glad it ain’t my money.

It really is a shame and absolutely ridiculous that 3 schools all within half an hour of one another are potentially going to be in 3 different conferences. Not to mention that the best rivalry in college basketball is possibly going away. Duke vs Carolina isn’t college basketball’s Bedlam going away or Cal / Stanford or Oklahoma vs Nebraska . This would be Ohio State vs Michigan, the Iron Bowl and whatever else comparable in college football being taken away, except the two schools are 8 miles apart. Makes zero sense.
Can't Duke and UNC simply schedule non-conference games against each other every year? Or two games, home and away, if they want? We schedule them. It's not difficult, so long as they both want to play the games.

This is telling…Not looking good for the ACC

Playing them as non-conference games shouldn't be a big deal. That's one game a year. Tennessee does that with in-state teams to help fund them. Do they play these teams every year now? IDK. And do they play home and away? Those don't seem like suitable away games to me.

Can't Duke and UNC simply schedule non-conference games against each other every year? Or two games, home and away, if they want? We schedule them. It's not difficult, so long as they both want to play the games.
I’m not sure what could happen. I would imagine they would probably play 1 game like Louisville and UK, but that would take away from it in my opinion. You never can tell how one school will react to the other leaving, kind of like a Texas and aTm situation where they didn’t play for a decade or no one knows what will happen w/ OK St and OU. OK St is super pissed and wants nothing to do w/ OU.

Reactions: Orange.
Playing them as non-conference games shouldn't be a big deal. That's one game a year. Tennessee does that with in-state teams to help fund them. Do they play these teams every year now? IDK. And do they play home and away? Those don't seem like suitable away games to me.
I think UNC has played App the past 2 seasons and they were lucky to survive . ECU has beaten UNC the last few times they’ve played and NC State should’ve lost 2 years ago to ECU. Nobody wants to play ECU .

Reactions: Orange.
This is telling…Not looking good for the ACC

Bill isn't making it to the floor for a vote. Died in committee at the hands of Tim Moore.

North Carolina bill that would require UNC, NC State to play in-state Group of Five schools won't advance

bill_died_in_committee.jpg

I wish Tennessee would play Memphis or MTSU every year. UT could play Memphis on a home and home and MTSU on a 2 and 1 schedule. MTSU could sell their game to a sponsor and have it played in Nashville. I think it would be great for the TN fans in middle and west Tn. I think it would be great for recruiting especially in Memphis area. Here's what I think would be a good five year schedule so we are always playing atleast one game a year in middle or west TN.

Even year @ Vandy, Memphis home
Odd year Vandy home, @ Memphis
Even year @ Vandy, MTSU Home
Odd year Vandy home, MTSU Nashville
Even year @Vandy, MTSU home
Repeat from Odd year

I wish Tennessee would play Memphis or MTSU every year. UT could play Memphis on a home and home and MTSU on a 2 and 1 schedule. MTSU could sell their game to a sponsor and have it played in Nashville. I think it would be great for the TN fans in middle and west Tn. I think it would be great for recruiting especially in Memphis area. Here's what I think would be a good five year schedule so we are always playing atleast one game a year in middle or west TN.

Repeat from Odd year

Why would we want to play either every year? There are much better games to be had and it makes no sense to have a home and home with Memphis.

Repeat from Odd year
no way we should do home and homes with them. I could maybe see a home (Neyland) and a neutral location in those cities, but no way to home and home.

Repeat from Odd year
If the staff can't successfully recruit in Middle Tennessee playing 7 home games less than 200 miles away and an existing game in Nashville every other year, there are larger issues.

Repeat from Odd year
UT does play an instate school almost every year. UTC, UTM, MTSU, Memphis, Austin Peay, ETSU, TTU. At some point, we play everyone except for TSU on a fairly regular rotation.

VN Store

Back