Clem's son and Free Shoes University joining the B1G

I think the B1G is all over those 2.
Neither is an AAU member which the Big 10 seems to still be holding to as a requirement.

Nebraska is the only Big 10 member not in the AAU but were when they initially joined. They are working some deal to combine the Lincoln campus with their medical school in campus in Omaha so they can increase their research dollars and get back into the AAU.

That sort of shows how the AAU isn't all it's made out to be

Neither is an AAU member which the Big 10 seems to still be holding to as a requirement.

Nebraska is the only Big 10 member not in the AAU but were when they initially joined. They are working some deal to combine the Lincoln campus with their medical school in campus in Omaha so they can increase their research dollars and get back into the AAU.

There’s a guy I’m following on twitter, he’s a blogger/water carrier for the B1G. He also seems to be in the know when it comes to TV contracts and things like that. A very large portion of tweets over the past few weeks have talked about how FSU and Clemson are underrated academically and are a much greater fit for the B1G than people realize . He also shows how many titles that FSU and Clemson have won over a 20+ year span and definitely outnumbers the Blue Bloods in that conference.

I think something happens in the next few weeks. Something also happens around media days, it’s been really quiet. I think there’s a big shake up that will happen this month .

Also rumors that both the SEC and Big 10 have passed on FSU and Clemson and they are now heading for the Big 12
Wow, if the Big 12 pulls FSU and Clemson, that's a pretty big coup. All they would need to do then is get Nebraska back and add Miami and the Big 12 would be pretty formidable again.

Reactions: Volfan1000
It sounds like the Big 12 for FSU and Clemson. I think that is really good for college football.
I have Thought for a while that the Big 12 and ACC need to partner up somehow. Avoid directly eating each other. But provide something different that would bring in money. Guarenteed P4 OOC games. And in season or post season tournament.

Reactions: Plecoptera
I have Thought for a while that the Big 12 and ACC need to partner up somehow. Avoid directly eating each other. But provide something different that would bring in money. Guarenteed P4 OOC games. And in season or post season tournament.
That would definitely be the best basketball conference and would also re-establish some old rivalries.

FSU and Clemson are still not AAU schools and will never be in the B1G unless they are. Yeah, I know Nebraska got booted from the AAU AFTER they were in the B1G, but you don't get invited to join unless you're in the AAU. FSU has been scrambling trying to get in for about a decade and gets ignored.

UVA, UNC, ND, GT, Duke, Miami, Cal, Pitt, and Stanford are your ACC candidates for the B1G. They passed on Cal and Stanford, apparently, when grabbing UCLA, USC, Oregon and WA.

They'll take a run at UVA and UNC, and they'd love to have ND, probably trying to reel in Kansas or maybe Missouri to even it up if ND ever agrees to join.

FSU and Clemson are still not AAU schools and will never be in the B1G unless they are. Yeah, I know Nebraska got booted from the AAU AFTER they were in the B1G, but you don't get invited to join unless you're in the AAU. FSU has been scrambling trying to get in for about a decade and gets ignored.

UVA, UNC, ND, GT, Duke, Miami, Cal, Pitt, and Stanford are your ACC candidates for the B1G. They passed on Cal and Stanford, apparently, when grabbing UCLA, USC, Oregon and WA.

They'll take a run at UVA and UNC, and they'd love to have ND, probably trying to reel in Kansas or maybe Missouri to even it up if ND ever agrees to join.
Pitt has a much chance of getting into the Big 10 as Memphis does the SEC. They're not good in any sport, don't have a football stadium and Penn State is by far the dominant state university.

Pitt has a much chance of getting into the Big 10 as Memphis does the SEC. They're not good in any sport, don't have a football stadium and Penn State is by far the dominant state university.
Agreed. Georgia Tech and Duke don't strike me as B1G material either, but then again neither does Northwestern culturally.

The point is: they only take AAU schools. Clemson isn't even close and isn't trying. FSU has been busting its butt to get in the AAU and can't get it done.

The B1G will fight the SEC for UVA and UNC. Folks thinking they'll even look at Clemson are completely clueless about what arrogant pricks the B1G are.

For the degenerate gamblers, Vegas odds if the SEC expanded again

North Carolina (+300)
Clemson (+350)
Florida State (+400)
Virginia (+500)
Virginia Tech (+600)
Miami (+1200)
The Field (+1300)
Oklahoma State (+1500)

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
For the degenerate gamblers, Vegas odds if the SEC expanded again

North Carolina (+300)
Clemson (+350)
Florida State (+400)
Virginia (+500)
Virginia Tech (+600)
Miami (+1200)
The Field (+1300)
Oklahoma State (+1500)
Good value on Virginia Tech. They aren't the most impressive athletic program on that list, but would be a good fit geographically/culturally.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
The joint statement that the B10 & SEC has no interest in FSU or Clemson looks like both conferences are distancing themselves from future potential “tampering” lawsuits from the ACC.

Once those two get free, it will be another story I believe.

Reactions: Brave Volunteer
The joint statement that the B10 & SEC has no interest in FSU or Clemson looks like both conferences are distancing themselves from future potential “tampering” lawsuits from the ACC.

Once those two get free, it will be another story I believe.
There is also that requirement the Big 10 has where every school must be AAU accredited, which both Clemson and FSU are not. So, unless that changes, neither of schools are joining.

VN Store

Back