Coach Kellie Harper

Do you want Coach Harper to return or hire new Coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be. Looking at the 24 rosters, both the Sparks and the Sky could really use a big like Kamilla. Sparks have scouted RJ the most, and the Sky has been a couple of times,. Looks pretty likely the first four will be Clark, Brink, Kamilla and Rickea so both teams are probably closely looking at the last three in case someone stays and there's a reshuffle.

Anyone else you think might sneak in above Rickea and/or Kamilla?

Probably need to take this to the W thread, also, I'm really glad you're back.
Only if there's an international player under everyone's radar, or Paige decides at the last minute to enter the draft (pushes everyone but Clark down).

Thanks! My self-imposed social media ban didn't last too long lol.

I do not think Kelly is a bad coach. Recruiting is where the problem is. Who knows why the Lady Vols cannot get the top female players in the country.
recruiting, yes,,,but the coaching mix is what concerns me most.
There is no disciplinarian on this staff.
And if there was, wed know it bc a true disciplinarian is obvious

I have seen at least 4-6 absent-minded events in every game I have watched,,aka (dribble ball off of the foot,,silly pass,,unforced turnovers,,etc) and have yet to see one of the players walk back timidly.

Pat didn't just stare,,,she dared you to stare back
This is missing
And it doesn't have to be the HC,,,but whoever it is, has to have the coach's 100% backing

Coming out of the gate Back for another season was in the lead. Going into the first turn fired has now taken the lead..

And in any event, this team’s starting lineup features

-a 2000 point scorer who will be a top 3 WNBA draft pick
-the leading scorer in the ACC last year
-the LV all time leading shot blocker.

It’s not like there isn’t talent. Certainly enough talent to finish better than 5th place in a conference with only 2 good teams.

There is no way the USC jr should be out recruiting the greatest women’s college program in history. Get the players or she has to go.

There are about 350 D1 teams. We have a solid five year record of being in the top
10%. The Elite 8 includes the top 2%. If we like the status quo, we have a coach who
can keep us there. If we aspire to something better, and most of us seem to want that,
then we either have to (1) find enough NIL incentives to buy better players, or (2) change horses. (3) is “both of the above”.

Optimism says (1) will do it.
Pessimism points to (3).

I am a little torn on this question. As I have written earlier, I think Kellie has done a good job this season. She has kept the team together and believing after the tough stretch without RJ. Has had to adapt to the loss of Wells and has done really well in managing Key's slow progression back. The LVs showed a lot of spirit yesterday and ended SC's long streak of double digit home wins.

On the whole, I think it is a little early to ask this question. The $ portion of the season is now. Can they make a run to the semi or final of the SEC and at least get to the S16.

At the beginning of the season, I thought the baseline for Kellie was at least staying steady state - top 3 in conference and a S16. The LVs missed the first mark but if they can make a deep run into the SEC and get back too the S16, she is back. It is not a matter of polliing results, that is just what will happen. In fact, a third straight trip to the S16 will keep her in. No AD would fire a a coach with 3 straight S16 appearances unless a Becky Hammon type coach waiting in the wings.

If the LVs miss the S16, then it becomes a very different conversation but i bet Kellie gets one more season with a very short leash.

Just a quick poll to see how this board stands on whether Coach Harper should return as coach or we should go in a different direction. On facebook looks like the support is more for her to return than to be fired. I would say there about 70 to 30 for return. Will be informative to know how this board feels about her staying or leaving.

My own personal view is return based on the potential for a top ten 2025 class which may or may not develop. I know were in one players top two and Brooks who to me is a top ten in the 2025 class is already a commit. I also base my vote on the expectations that there will be some upgrades of the roster through the portal mainly post players and an elite point guard. If none of this happens then my vote would change, but this is about right now. You only get one vote so consider your choice carefully. Thanks for participating.
There are far too many ifs about KJH which may or may not materialize. Her high school recruiting is suspect at best and the players she have are not a lot better than they were when she got them. That being said, I vote to replace her, however, I do not envision that happening.

Reactions: tbwhhs
I think its time for a change. There isn’t much difference between KJH or Holly. Turnovers from our PG’s. Feed the center and hope she scores and it’s not happening. Wants the same philosophy of rebounding wins games but doesn’t get players to consistently do it. And so on and so on. Danny White, show us what you have in mind.

Reactions: Deebowbear
Brink will be a bust, I just don’t see it. Rickea is better and by a mile I just don’t know what u see in her.
Brink has great numbers, but I've never thought she was better than Rickea. Was surprised she was ahead of RJ in the draft. However, almost everyone connected with the WNBA seems to think Brink's better. Pretty sure that will rule the day. Alot will depend on the team's needs also.

And in any event, this team’s starting lineup features

-a 2000 point scorer who will be a top 3 WNBA draft pick
-the leading scorer in the ACC last year
-the LV all time leading shot blocker.

It’s not like there isn’t talent. Certainly enough talent to finish better than 5th place in a conference with only 2 good teams.
Don’t believe what you see, believe what you’re told is how the board operates.

What you provided is #5 place in the SEC. Not to mention we paid for a Top 5 portal class last season.

Reactions: Deebowbear
I think its time for a change. There isn’t much difference between KJH or Holly. Turnovers from our PG’s. Feed the center and hope she scores and it’s not happening. Wants the same philosophy of rebounding wins games but doesn’t get players to consistently do it. And so on and so on. Danny White, show us what you have in mind.
Yep, so much of the fan base has grown accustomed to mediocre play and results that it’s now acceptable. Well that’s where we are.

Brink has great numbers, but I've never thought she was better than Rickea. Was surprised she was ahead of RJ in the draft. However, almost everyone connected with the WNBA seems to think Brink's better. Pretty sure that will rule the day. Alot will depend on the team's needs also.
Anything is possible but I’ve watched every game she played this season because I tune in to watch Kiki Iriafen whose one of my favorite players, and I just don’t see how Brinks game will translate to the next level, what I will say is she’s an elite shot blocker, she has good discipline when going for blocks but that’s about it in my opinion. Of any team picks Brink over Rickea they will love to regret it.

She should be back. She will be back. She is building. Idc what y’all say. She’s also improving as a coach. Our brand is strong and she is a good representative of what we what at UT. Cant wait for postseason.

This team can go far. I’m excited to see us try to do it.

If Kellie isn’t fired now it just puts off the inevitable. What a slap in the face to Pat Summitt that so many LV fans are willing to accept mediocrity. That’s not who we are.

Reactions: Volstylexx
If Kellie isn’t fired now it just puts off the inevitable. What a slap in the face to Pat Summitt that so many LV fans are willing to accept mediocrity. That’s not who we are.
Let’s say they fire her and bring in a new coach, and let’s say this coach doesn’t have any elite players on their team to bring with them, and we lose our incoming recruits. So that means we will start all over, how many years are u willing to wait while we are bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back