Coin Shortage

Why? If it comes to the point I gotta concern myself with metal content of a bunch of coinage, it may be time to check out.
If Trump doesn't win in November, your doomsday clock will begin. Is was just trying to offer you some practical advice. There is almost two cents worth of copper in one pre-1982 penny. So in essence, every time you throw one of those away, you are losing.

Last edited:
If Trump doesn't win in November, your doomsday clock will begin. Is was juts trying to offer you some practical advice. There is almost two cents worth of copper in one pre-1982 penny. So in essence, every time you throw one of those away, you are losing.

I do not have a doomsday clock, so have no idea what you are talking about. What you gonna do, go barter a few ounces of metal?

Reactions: Purple Tiger
If Trump doesn't win in November, your doomsday clock will begin. Is was juts trying to offer you some practical advice. There is almost two cents worth of copper in one pre-1982 penny. So in essence, every time you throw one of those away, you are losing.

Until it is legal to melt them down though it won't matter really. I have a friend who has countless water jugs filled with copper pennies just waiting to cash in.

Until it is legal to melt them down though it won't matter really. I have a friend who has countless water jugs filled with copper pennies just waiting to cash in.
You don't have to melt them genius. Just like you don't have to melt pre-1964 dimes or quarters that are worth more than face value...

I saw a doc awhile back that the Temple was not necessarily at the Dome of the Rock. You think the DoR will be torn down?
The DoR sits on the retaining wall of the Roman temple of Jupiter. The foundation’s of Solomon’s temple are just below the mount. It is not in the way. Actually nothing is in the way except the purchase of one small piece of property.
It’s just a matter of time now.

I have a legit coun shortage. I've been saving mine for a few months for our Florida trip coming up. Just throwing in my change, and it was designated for my fishing only. Buying bait and such. My wife took it to cash in while I was at work. I figured i had maybe $40 or so, didn't look lije much, and the kids robbed it constantly. Anyway, I had right at $100, and now she won't give it to me!😂 Said I had to wait!

I horde my change too. Like Ras mentioned, I put my pre 1982 pennies in a separate container from the new. I have a one gallon glass wine jug that holds my silver. I cleaned it out last year and had close to $600 in it.

I horde my change too. Like Ras mentioned, I put my pre 1982 pennies in a separate container from the new. I have a one gallon glass wine jug that holds my silver. I cleaned it out last year and had close to $600 in it.
I have a jar that sits on a table right when you walk in from the garage. My change goes in it. My daughter knows when it’s full I take her to go buy a special treat. Usually holds about $200 bucks. It’s her one “big” purchase year gift outside of her birthday and Xmas. I usually fill it once a year. Now, I am not carrying cash on me very much anymore, during the pandemic. Typically I only carry it to pay off/receive money from nominal sports betting between me and a few friends. Last week she asked me why the money hasn’t increased in the jar. I hadn’t even thought about. Kids are smarter then you realize sometimes. It’s not like we talk about dads change jar.

Reactions: McDad
My guess: they are trying to train people to only use cards. Why? Not sure. But could be

1. Make us more susceptible to a collapse of the electric grid (easier than you think. Google it and look for the Ted Talk posted earlier this month that was recorded 3 years ago)

2. Apple, Google and Facebook have a plans to become global banks and they want to capture transactions on mobile devices.

3. Ive long though the day is coming where cards will become a thing of the past. Things like Cash App, Venmo, PayPal, and chips on your card instead of a swipe are things that could move us this direction.
There are plenty of non-nefarious reasons to push digital currency. Like, dozens.

Not the least of which is convenience. I can't think of anyone I know younger than 30 who pays with cash routinely.

I do not have a doomsday clock, so have no idea what you are talking about. What you gonna do, go barter a few ounces of metal?

In a way... It's important to keep your silver dollars & pre-1965 quarters for the silver. That will still be worth something even if the denomination becomes worthless.

Copper pennies will become gold in the unfortunate aftermath. If a LCE, TEOTWAWKI event should ever happen.

tenor (7)2.gif

Who can I take my copper pennies to right now and make my millions?
I don't understand the humor. You have a penny that has a face value of $.01, yet today it is close to $.019 in actual melt value. At the very least, put those pennies away for a rainy day. How many people do you think right now are kicking themselves for not saving pre-1964 dimes and quarters?

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
The government may or may not care where you spend your money. But they have no problem selling out to the people who do, I can assure you the government does care about the money and power to gained from the information. I think it a little naive to believe otherwise.
Bill collectors can track your spending habits JS.

I don't understand the humor. You have a penny that has a face value of $.01, yet today it is close to $.019 in actual melt value. At the very least, put those pennies away for a rainy day. How many people do you think right now are kicking themselves for not saving pre-1964 dimes and quarters?

My point is you cannot get two cents per penny right now. Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I dont think it is worth the time or effort waiting for a payoff that may never occur.

My point is you cannot get two cents per penny right now. Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I dont think it is worth the time or effort waiting for a payoff that may never occur.
Fine. You can do what you want. I was just trying to help you out if you are sitting on a stack of pennies. Washed my hands of it at this point.

Reactions: jaybird_1981
There are plenty of non-nefarious reasons to push digital currency. Like, dozens.

Not the least of which is convenience. I can't think of anyone I know younger than 30 who pays with cash routinely.

But if it were just about convenience wouldn’t they’d just come out and say it?

Coin shortage causes confusion at Chipotle restaurant in San Diego

"She said there was coin shortage and a health policy that said they would not give change back," said Shepherd.

He said his first thought was that Chipotle was going to make millions off of this new policy. He said, it reminded him of taxes.

"You take a few cents off each bill, and you end up making billions of dollars a year," Shepherd explained.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards

VN Store

Back