Coin Shortage

What will happen is that you will ultimately be charged to use the 'convenience' of digital currency. As an example, here in Florida if you want to pay your taxes with a credit card, you are charged a 'convenience fee'. So, I break out my checkbook for one of the the 5 times/year I use it and write them a check. Digital will be the same thing only you will be used to it, the 'tax' that it becomes won't bother you. They will boil that frog, guaranteed.

Holy carp, I just realized how old this thread is... What is it with Ras and zombie threads?
I think it will be worse than you describe. The FED is itching for negative rates right now. They could easily get to negative rates by having digital currency on your account that decays over time... similar to how some of these gift cards work.

I think it will be worse than you describe. The FED is itching for negative rates right now. They could easily get to negative rates by having digital currency on your account that decays over time... similar to how some of these gift cards work.
Neg IR..yea that will work out good. These people are insane.

That is a terrifying thought.

It’s a bit like having a tank of liquid nitrogen in the lab. Use it or lose it. Gotta keep a slow vent stream going so the pressure doesn’t reach the relief valve setting. Just another way the government could “stimulate” consumer spending.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
It’s a bit like having a tank of liquid nitrogen in the lab. Use it or lose it. Gotta keep a slow vent stream going so the pressure doesn’t reach the relief valve setting. Just another way the government could “stimulate” consumer spending.
Exactly.

Starting to see service stations and restaurants asking for exact change because of coin shortages again...

VN Store

Back