Coker

you may be right about that. he looked really good in the spring and i know that Trooper and everybody else is completely fed up with Riggs' b.s.

One of the weird things I have noticed at UT is that when we appear to have depth at a position we seem to have a rash of injuries. For example last year witht he qbs. There were years past when it was lb, dl, ol. etc. but injuries depleted the ranks. If rb is our strong suit this year I won't be surprised to have someone go down. Who will step up? Foster and Williams will get a fair shot I think. The incoming freshmen will not redshirt. They will be needed on special teams because we're generally pretty sorry there and need all the speed we can get to cover. Cedric Houston and Jabari Davis both covered punts there fr year, but I think it was into the season when we were very bad at it before they played on the coverage team.

Foster is the man. All I have heard is good things about him and I have also heard ( no joke) that he would be starting if it wasnt for Riggs being a Senior. now Coker is fast, but since when does tennessee need a barn burner at running back? just cause he is fast doesnt mean he has the field vision, the agility, or any of that to get the job done. And didnt he miss his whole senior season cause of leg problems? look for him to redshirt.

On a somewhat unrelated note, Kirk Herbstreit made his list of "Top 10 offense players to look out for in 2005." Riggs was number four, one spot ahead of Adrian Peterson. Reggie Bush was the only RB ranked higher.

Originally posted by milohimself@Aug 5, 2005 10:41 PM
On a somewhat unrelated note, Kirk Herbstreit made his list of "Top 10 offense players to look out for in 2005." Riggs was number four, one spot ahead of Adrian Peterson. Reggie Bush was the only RB ranked higher.
[snapback]122260[/snapback]​

:blink: wow. That's pretty high for Riggs.

Originally posted by milohimself@Aug 5, 2005 10:41 PM
Riggs was number four, one spot ahead of Adrian Peterson.
[snapback]122260[/snapback]​

The only explanation I have for Herbstreit ranking Riggs that high is that he must have been wearing Nike that day. :ph34r:

Wait and see they are cranking Riggs up and when he doesn't get over 1500 yards,Which he won't, they'll say he had a disappointing season.

I think Riggs won't have high totals, but he shredded Auburn last season... And I'd put money down saying we won't face a defense that tough again this season.

Riggs will have a big year. He is definately capable of 1500...assuming he stays healthy and Trooper doesn't kill him before the saeson is over.

Originally posted by vols2345@Aug 5, 2005 7:25 PM
Foster is the man.  All I have heard is good things about him and I have also heard ( no joke)  that he would be starting if it wasnt for Riggs being a Senior.  now Coker is fast,  but since when does tennessee need a barn burner at running back?  just cause he is fast doesnt mean he has the field vision,  the agility, or any of that to get the job done.  And didnt he miss his whole senior season cause of leg problems?  look for him to redshirt.
[snapback]122220[/snapback]​

Once again...COKER WILL NOT REDSHIRT!!!

Ok, I just dont see why he wont redshirt unless they move him to a diffrent postion. no way fulmer keeps the 4th string un redshirted. That would just be stupid.

Riggs is going to get 1,600 yards. Mark it down. He has an all around offense like adrian peterson has last year that he will get alot of carries with like 6 in the box. Plus with how good our defense should be he should get alot more offensive looks.

1. No UT RB have ever got 1500 and Riggs will not be the first
2. Foster will get 1000 along with Riggs
3. Look for Coker to redshirt

ok say what you want, But riggs would have gotten 1,500 last year if it wasnt for houston. I really think Riggs will get 1,600. Our offense is just that good. they wont be able to stack the line on him cause of ainge and our depth at reciver.

When Coker signed he said he didn't want to redshirt and the coaches promised him he wouldn't. Barring injury, he won't redhirt. Sometimes itamazesme how much people think they knoe when they really know nothing.

Wow its amazing how you come on here and just start declaring that he wont be redshirted. Well if none of us on this board know nothing, in which you just stated, Then why do you know so much huh? Who are you to garuntee that he will not redshirt huh? Fulmer is pursuasive and if he wants to redshirt him, then he will convince coker to accept it.

Well then he will waste a year on the bench getting splinters.

Alot of high school players learn otherwise when they get to college.

Coker right now is 6th string RB!

I don't care what you say he was promised, its the real world now and he's going to have a hard time.

Originally posted by mikey@Aug 6, 2005 5:17 PM
When Coker signed he said he didn't want to redshirt and the coaches promised him he wouldn't.  Barring injury, he won't redhirt.  Sometimes itamazesme how much people think they knoe when they really know nothing.
[snapback]122702[/snapback]​

so are you his friend or something?

Originally posted by vols2345@Aug 6, 2005 5:20 PM
Wow its amazing how you come on here and just start declaring that he wont be redshirted.  Well if none of us on this board know nothing,  in which you just stated,  Then why do you know so much huh?  Who are you to garuntee that he will not redshirt huh?  Fulmer is pursuasive and if he wants to redshirt him,  then he will convince coker to accept it.
[snapback]122705[/snapback]​

First let's start with this: If you're not at practice every day you don't have a clue. Phillip knows what he's doing and much to your dismay..I know what he's doing. I assure you I'm very close to the situation. Lamarcus will not be 6th for long and he won't redshirt unless he gets hurt.
Secondly, being on a friggin' board for a while doesn't make you any kind of authority on anything other than the advanced ability to use smilies.
Third, your grammar sucks! It should be "...if none of us on this board know ANYTHING, WHICH you stated,...
Now...go read a dictionary or something.

OOHHH HHOOO wow. So how can you prove to me that you Know so much. Seriously, prove it to me. Yes I know my grammer sucks and you are not pointing anything new out to this board (cause trust me they know). I had never said once that I had more athority thatn you, but unless you ar fulmer, tropper, or sanders, I think you have no say in it. Now if you want to futher this with me then pm me. But dont say that you know alot of info and that you are always there on the field but then say you cant tell us who you are, Because we dont need that. If you can't prove that you are on the sidlines and know all of this that you clam to know then just stop posting about it. Cause I figure that you are just one of Coker's highschool friends that think he is just the greatest player in the world but can't seem to figure out how he could be 6th string on the team.

VN Store

Back