Columbus NFTC (Jalen Hurd & Joe Henderson)

volsfansince4387

On Joe Henderson (rated 4th best at the event):

The new Tennessee commit came out in orange cleats, but it was not all flash Sunday for Henderson. The future Volunteer put in the hard work needed to place himself squarely in the hunt for an invitation to The Opening. The defensive line MVP, Henderson showed the SEC speed the Volunteerscoaches fell in love with. Henderson was dominant coming off the edge, beating opposing tackles with his quickness and explosiveness off the ball.

“He has the best get-off we’ve seen all year,” Huber said. “He’s a dart off the ball, and he’ll be a tremendous edge rusher for Tennessee. He was better than expected.”

On Jalen Hurd (RB MVP and rated 2nd overall):
One linebacker asked to go up against Hurd in pass drills. He probably regrets that decision. The linebacker tried to muscle Hurd, but the result was the Tennessee commit instead barreling over the linebacker, catching the pass and waltzing into the end zone. Built more like a linebacker, Hurd held his own in pass protection and then showed his athleticism in one-on-one drills against the linebackers.

“I would say the RB, that one MVP, Jalen Hurd,” Shai McKenzie, who has more than 30 offers, said when asked who impressed him most. “He’s a good athlete, powerful. … His route running is better than most. I watched the explosion in his routes and I picked up a little bit.”

Reactions: 23 people
By the prickling of my thumbs, something big and orange this way comes.

Hurd is impressive... but, at 6' 3" if he grows any more, he will grow out of RB position. I can't name any 6' 4" RBs.

Hopefully, like most weight / height data provided, it's a bit fluffed up. Better yet, hope young Mr. Hurd redefines the position and kicks major ass.

And I thought Hurd is too lanky to run over anyone. You know what those lb s heard? They Hurd a freight train running them over!

Hurd is impressive... but, at 6' 3" if he grows any more, he will grow out of RB position. I can't name any 6' 4" RBs.

Hopefully, like most weight / height data provided, it's a bit fluffed up. Better yet, hope young Mr. Hurd redefines the position and kicks major ass.

A lot of HOF RB's are around his size. But even at 6"3 and 225lbs, he still runs a 4.37. To put that in perspective, CP ran a 4.33 at the combine.

I wish everyone would stop thinking something is wrong with Hurd's size. Eric Dickerson: 6-3, 220; Eddie George: 6-3, 235. Let's give it a rest.

Reactions: 10 people
I wish everyone would stop thinking something is wrong with Hurd's size. Eric Dickerson: 6-3, 220; Eddie George: 6-3, 235. Let's give it a rest.
Thank you. When is the last time we had a big bruising back that put fear in a linebacker. People need to get excited as opposed to trying to predict what position they think he's going to play. Butch knows football.

Disagree. He's a HS Senior... may still be growing.

Name one.. ONE 6' 4" running back in the NFL that's decent without an ACL or major injury every other year.

Name one.. ONE 6' 4" running back in the NFL that's decent without an ACL or major injury every other year.

I suppose 1 inch could make a tremendous difference, particularly if all that extra height is in the knees. But, the only important fact of the matter is that he would not commit to a school that wanted him to play tight end or LB. Either he is a RB at UT or a RB someplace else.

Reactions: 1 person

Wow, I've never heard that mentioned before on this board. Smh.

So if he grows one more inch he suddenly cannot run the ball as effective, or at all for that matter. Got it. Seems legit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

Jalen Hurd...in 4 years!...I don't care if he's 6'5"...he's a prototype
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
I wonder how much recruiting for Tennessee those 2 guys did while they were showing everyone else how real football players play that are coming to Tennessee?

Hurd is all Tennessee RB so everyone should just let the other stuff drop.

He does know how to run routes and use his size and strength to sheild out the defenders and go catch the football too so I won't be surprised to see buTch having Hurd line up at WR and TE too on some plays just to keep the D confused and guessing what we'll do next.

Hurd could turn into the next Eddie George and bring a heisTman trophy to the hill.

Just like Eddie George, Hurd sees the D coming and he lowers his pads and delivers the HIT to the D players and punishes them for trying to tackle him.

D players are still feeling the pain that Hurd puts on them several days after the game is over.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 17 people
I wonder how much recruiting for Tennessee those 2 guys did while they were showing everyone else how real football players play that are coming to Tennessee?

Hurd is all Tennessee RB so everyone should just let the other stuff drop.

He does know how to run routes and use his size and strength to sheild out the defenders and go catch the football too so I won't be surprised to see buTch having Hurd line up at WR and TE too on some plays just to keep the D confused and guessing what we'll do next.

Hurd could turn into the next Eddie George and bring a heisTman trophy to the hill.

Just like Eddie George, Hurd sees the D coming and he lowers his pads and delivers the HIT to the D players and punishes them for trying to tackle him.

D players are still feeling the pain that Hurd puts on them several days after the game is over.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

You're getting a like as soon as I get to my laptop!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back