Columbus NFTC (Jalen Hurd & Joe Henderson)

Maxed out at 224 carries in his career, was ALWAYS suffering from some sort of injury and got waived by the Giants. 6' 4" is too tall for an RB. Not my opinion, reality.

Take your negativity to the bammer boards if that's all you got. Like has already been said, I don't care how tall he is, if he can run over people, catch passes and protect from blitz packages I could care less. I guess Brandon Jacobs can take comfort from his two Super Bowl trophies when he gets to aching.

Reactions: 1 person
I suppose 1 inch could make a tremendous difference, particularly if all that extra height is in the knees. But, the only important fact of the matter is that he would not commit to a school that wanted him to play tight end or LB. Either he is a RB at UT or a RB someplace else.

Just like UK got Cobb because they "wanted" him at qb .. just like UT got witten because we "wanted" him at DE

We'll recruit him at RB .. then ask him to take one for the team and try TE.

Just like UK got Cobb because they "wanted" him at qb .. just like UT got witten because we "wanted" him at DE

No offense, but you're insane. You don't put that kind of athlete at any position other than RB. I don't care that he "can" play another position, we need a RB and have for years.

Witten playing TE wasn't a shocker to him since he was a DE/TE in high school.

No offense, but you're insane. You don't put that kind of athlete at any position other than RB. I don't care that he "can" play another position, we need a RB and have for years.

Witten playing TE wasn't a shocker to him since he was a DE/TE in high school.

No it wasnt .. but he felt like his best chance at playing the next level was DE so he wanted to be recruited there.. Sooo UT recruited him there, let him get one year in and asked him to take one for the team.

He's not playing TE. We have 2 beast TE's committed in this class already.

I don't care if he grows to be 7'0! If he knows how to play like a running back then by lord he's going to play running back for us. Jalen is going to be a nightmare for defenses in the SEC. End of discussion!

Reactions: 1 person
Disagree. He's a HS Senior... may still be growing.

Name one.. ONE 6' 4" running back in the NFL that's decent without an ACL or major injury every other year.

dude, everyone is different. My son is 6'4'' and is going to be a sophmore next season. i doubt he gets much taller is any.

No it wasnt .. but he felt like his best chance at playing the next level was DE so he wanted to be recruited there.. Sooo UT recruited him there, let him get one year in and asked him to take one for the team.

What is your obsession with TE. Hurd is a far superior athlete compared to Witten at 17. You don't take you're best athlete and put him at a position that requires far less athleticism to play. And I think the fact we had no TE's in 2001 played a much bigger part in Jason playing TE than anything, considering with him switched we had 3...the other two were incoming freshmen. Considering we already have 6 TE's on the roster, 1 committed for Hurd's class, the fact that he has never played TE a day in his life, and the fact that RB is WAYYY more important position than TE .... all this leads me to believe you are simply crazy.

Wasn't Jamal Lewis around 6'3" to 6'4" & 235 to 240 at Baltimore and Cleveland?

VN Store

Back