Confederate monuments

Do confederate monuments need to be taken down?

• Yes- they have no place in our current American climate.

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • No- they are history and right or wrong they deserved to be recognized.

Votes: 39 72.2%
  • Don’t care as you can learn the history without them.

Votes: 11 20.4%

• Total voters
Nah, it was not a certainty. Most people in the south did not benefit from slavery. Buying the slaves' freedom would have been a lot cheaper and less deadly than fighting a war over it, if that were the only point of the war.

Lincoln tried that.

I think the southern states saw that expansion was going to lead to the abolishment of slavery in the long run.

Lincoln tried that.

I think the southern states saw that expansion was going to lead to the abolishment of slavery in the long run.

Lincoln tried that AFTER the was started, it had been going on for 6 months to a year and his offer was only applicable to the states that remained in the union and boarder states.

No, it wasn't. Slavery would have died out in another 30-40 years on it's own.
I’m not sure this helps your argument in any way. Clearly the southern states wanted those 30-40 years of free labor and legalized oppression, and were willing to split the country in two over it.

Lincoln tried that AFTER the was started, it had been going on for 6 months to a year and his offer was only applicable to the states that remained in the union and boarder states.
And none took him up on the offer, making war the only way of keeping the country together (which was my point).

Lincoln tried that.

The war was well underway at that point. Lincoln promised to invade states that refused to pay tariff taxes. There was no turning back after that.

Reactions: hog88
Any interesting litmus test for sure, apparently the only taste you have is in your mouth.

Any of the resident Jews want to weigh in on why a Hitler statue would be ill advised? @Orangeslice13 ?

I absolutely think there needs to be a hitler statue. I think it needs to be front a center as to what can happen. I’ve heard people say it cannot happen again but they’re dead wrong.

Hitler is a good example of what can happen.
He was a leader with a lot of good ideas and did good things. He will only be remembered for the horrible but it needs to be truly remembered.
Because now we have dipshits saying things like “trump is Hitler”. That’s insane on so many levels because people are forgetting who Hitler really was.

We must remember so we don’t repeat.

But I digress

And none took him up on the offer, making war the only way of keeping the country together (which was my point).

He didn't have to start the war in the first place to keep us together.

I absolutely think there needs to be a hitler statue. I think it needs to be front a center as to what can happen. I’ve heard people say it cannot happen again but they’re dead wrong.

He was a leader with a lot of good ideas and did good things. He will only be remembered for the horrible but it needs to be truly remembered.
Because now we have dipshits saying things like “trump is Hitler”. That’s insane on so many levels because people are forgetting who Hitler really was.

But I digress

Hmm, I stand corrected. I'd assumed you'd have wanted the atrocities remembered instead of a homage to the perpetrator. Interesting perspective nonetheless.

I wonder if the families of victims of the 9/11 attacks would like see a bust of OBL at the memorial?

I’ll take that as you’re unwilling to discuss the merits and are hiding behind the status quo.
merits? Merits of what? Placating the butthurt of a generation that needs safe spaces and nap rooms?

We should just get rid of public monuments to figures who should not be memorialized. That's all anybody is advocating. Statues are not history. They are endorsements of history.

"Marxist" is like the toothless red state version of throwing "racist" around, except red hats have co-opted the race card now, too.
You can find people right here on this forum that think Abe Lincoln was a terrorist. I think you are one if not mistaken. Is your butthurt strong enough to tear down his monuments?

But I digress
It's already happened. I mean... Trump is Hitler, right?

You can find people right here on this forum that think Abe Lincoln was a terrorist. I think you are one if not mistaken. Is your butthurt strong enough to tear down his monuments?

Lincoln wasn't a terrorist, he was a murderous tyrant.

Hmm, I stand corrected. I'd assumed you'd have wanted the atrocities remembered instead of a homage to the perpetrator. Interesting perspective nonetheless.

I wonder if the families of victims of the 9/11 attacks would like see a bust of OBL at the memorial?

It’s more a “this is the face of evil” kinda thing.
I’m not ready to satanize history we need to remember and own it. all of it. Without censorship.
I drive by a “you’re on the trail of tears” sign every day. We need to remember and never forget that either.

Reactions: DynaLo

VN Store

Back