CONGRATS to Bob Kesling! Tennessee Radio HOF

In addition to his inability to paint the picture of what's actually happening every play for the listener, he also tried to give the AutoZone player of the game to Spencer Rattler after USC throttled us a couple years ago.
Fortunately, Pat woke up and told him it had to go to a UT player. SMDH.

Well, I have listened all including George Mooney. Bob is as good as any of them. Part of the reason so many rave about John Ward is that he is the one they grew up listening to. Nostalgia.

Congrats for him.

He gets a lot of hate on here because he's NOT Ward. Big deal. No-one else will be John Ward.

He good at his job and well deserving.! He's a ton better than most.

I STILL can't WAIT to hear him have to say...
Nico Iamaleava
Shamurad Umarov &
Emmanuel Okoye

maxresdefault.jpg

I thought that this thread would be about Kesling retiring from the Vol Network.

Congratulations to him on this award.

The Mocs Jim Reynolds is so much better than Kesling. I guess Kesling hung around and bought his way in. Biggest moment in history....Just made it over the upright....Crossbar Bob...Crossbar...What a duffer. Everytime I think of Bob I think of that moment. Sad...so sad.. What would John have said....Anybody would have done that moment so much better..Epic fail. Embarrassing to all Vols.

Last edited:
The Mocs Jim Reynolds is so much better than Kesling. I guess Kesling hung around and bought his way in. Biggest moment in history....Just made it over the upright....Crossbar Bob...Crossbar...What a duffer. Everytime I think of Bob I think of that moment. Sad...so sad.. What would John have said....Anybody would have done that moment so much better..Epic fail. Embarrassing to all Vols.
Yeah, because John Ward never screwed up like saying a FG was good at Notre Dame when it clearly wasn't and the officials clearly signaled no good. Or said Peyton Manning fell down when he was in fact stood up and was nowhere close to falling down. Or had one of the most boring calls of the Stoerner fumble.

Reactions: GAVol
Yeah, because John Ward never screwed up like saying a FG was good at Notre Dame when it clearly wasn't and the officials clearly signaled no good. Or said Peyton Manning fell down when he was in fact stood up and was nowhere close to falling down. Or had one of the most boring calls of the Stoerner fumble.
You have to see the difference, yes? You can find anyone's call history and pick out one or two pretty bad calls. But, and I have a big butt, every game Big Boy Bob calls a game is rife with errors and omissions.

1722638318927.gif

You have to see the difference, yes? You can find anyone's call history and pick out one or two pretty bad calls. But, and I have a big butt, every game Big Boy Bob calls a game is rife with errors and omissions.
It's nice you've listened to every game Bob has called.

Ward was a great guy and a pro… and awkward a lot…

(Ducks to avoid flying objects)

Last edited:
Reactions: WillisWG

VN Store

Back