CONGRATS to Bob Kesling! Tennessee Radio HOF

I don’t hate anybody and he might be a great guy. But it’s time to pass the torch, He certainly doesn’t need to stay around longer than Ward did. Ward was very critical of his own performance, he didn’t want to become a average announcer. Even though most would have loved for Ward to go another 2-3 years. Lots of young talent out there that would love the opportunity.GBO!

Reactions: brockytop
It's nice you've listened to every game Bob has called.
I listened to JW for 25+ years, even when the game was on TV. I have listened to Bob more than I would like when I spent 6 years in Thailand and had to catch the games via the Vol Network. One only has to listen to the BK broadcasts to know just how frustrating it is. No game status, no correct info on who did what. This is typical: "He drops back, throws deep. . . Complete!" It was a 2 yard gain.

Reactions: brockytop
I listened to JW for 25+ years, even when the game was on TV. I have listened to Bob more than I would like when I spent 6 years in Thailand and had to catch the games via the Vol Network. One only has to listen to the BK broadcasts to know just how frustrating it is. No game status, no correct info on who did what. This is typical: "He drops back, throws deep. . . Complete!" It was a 2 yard gain.
So now you're saying you really haven't listened to every game BK has called. How can I trust your opinion now on how his typical calls?

Here's the calls by CBS, Georgia's Howard and Kesling on the Dobbs Hail Mary. Listen then tell me who called it better.

Last edited:
So now you're saying you really haven't listened to every game BK has called. How can I trust your opinion now on how his typical calls?

Here's the calls by CBS, Georgia's Howard and Kesling on the Dobbs Hail Mary. Listen then tell me who called it better.

Well no sh*t. Have you listened to EVERY BK broadcast? Get real. 5+ years is enough to figure out his calls are borderline useless. If you are as bad at your job as Bob is at his, I bet you would not be working in whatever field that may be. He is good at BB and should continue at that, but FB . . . no way.

BTW, using the "What a turn of events" call as his highlight is pitiful. Bob's highlight real is one game, but his color man was great.

Last edited:

Mrs. Kesling, you need to chill.

Reactions: VolDave53
Bob is not John. He doesn't need to be. What he needs to be is a better version of Bob.
THIS. Don't care for Bob's game calls, but then I began listening to George Mooney, then the legendary John Ward. Not really fair to compare Kesling to JW; furthermore, if you listen to other broadcasts, (Vandie, South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, etc.) it's pretty clear that Bob is much better than those clowns.

Reactions: WillisWG
Well no sh*t. Have you listened to EVERY BK broadcast? Get real. 5+ years is enough to figure out his calls are borderline useless. If you are as bad at your job as Bob is at his, I bet you would not be working in whatever field that may be. He is good at BB and should continue at that, but FB . . . no way.

BTW, using the "What a turn of events" call as his highlight is pitiful. Bob's highlight real is one game, but his color man was great.
Every game, can't say that. 28 years in the Navy I've missed more than a few. But I don't ever remember watching a televised Vols game without the VolNetwork being on.

So you didn't really say who called it best but then again I didn't really expect you would.

Last edited:
Congrats to Bob. Like many others in here, I don’t care much for his play-by-play, but congratulations to him nonetheless.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back