Corey Raymond out at UF. Will Heupel go after him?

He’s the DB coach for about 45 days unless his contract is rewritten. It wasn’t renewed.
Let’s hope it stays that way too. I’ll be fine if it expires. Im 100% over the Martinez experiment. Sick of his retread failure of a coaching job everywhere he goes. His recruiting doesn’t do us any good if he can’t coach the talent.

Not sure why we’d want Florida rejects.

That reject was the best DB coach in the game. And a huge recruiter. Now he’s 54 with a ton of ties to LA high schools and still probably one of the top 10 DB coaches in the game. Does that sound like it might be an upgrade over what we currently have?

check to see if they have a relationship from the past or he has one with Banks. that is key.. I looked. No previous ties to Banks or Heupel..

Heupel had zero relationship with Mack and Burns. Besides Golesh they’ve been two of the better coaches on staff. If Heupel limits his staff to only guys he’s worked with, he’ll be unemployed in 3 years.

I, like others, question why Raymond was cut loose at UF...is there a flag there?
Did he just not fit into the 'system'?
Is it just good ol' Billy trickling down his ineptitude to the his coaching staff?

If I'm Heupel and Banks and are looking to replace Martinez or move pieces around, then I look at the guy, but would need answers to questions too.

Reactions: Volfan1000
I, like others, question why Raymond was cut loose at UF...is there a flag there?
Did he just not fit into the 'system'?
Is it just good ol' Billy trickling down his ineptitude to the his coaching staff?

If I'm Heupel and Banks and are looking to replace Martinez or move pieces around, then I look at the guy, but would need answers to questions too.
He wasn't going to fire his buddy the DC so he offered an escape goat. Time will tell if it's enough

VN Store

Back