Corey Raymond out at UF. Will Heupel go after him?

It shouldn't be that hard to check Fl. the defense stats to see if things improved or dropped off Did they lose games during the year like Tenn did because of their porous secondary ?

The only staff change I could see is Martinez being let go…. But only so that Banks can hire HIS GUY.

I don’t see anyone getting an HC job…. Banks could get offered a DC role somewhere.

That reject was the best DB coach in the game. And a huge recruiter. Now he’s 54 with a ton of ties to LA high schools and still probably one of the top 10 DB coaches in the game. Does that sound like it might be an upgrade over what we currently have?
You might want to read this article about Raymond's performance at FL.

Reactions: Volfan1000
You might want to read this article about Raymond's performance at FL.

If he and Martinez got fired today which one do you think would have a job first?? I’m not saying he’s still the best DB coach in the land. I’m saying that he’s significantly better than what we have and I bet he’s still a stone cold killer on the recruiting trail.

If he and Martinez got fired today which one do you think would have a job first?? I’m not saying he’s still the best DB coach in the land. I’m saying that he’s significantly better than what we have and I bet he’s still a stone cold killer on the recruiting trail.
From the article:

"The Gators allowed opponents to convert 49.71% on third down, ranking 129th nationally among 131 teams, and gave up more plays of 10 yards or longer than all but Arkansas among 14 SEC teams."

We've been complaining of "3rd and Banks/Martinez" all year and you'd suggest we "upgrade" to a guy who actually coached one of the worst 3rd down Ds in the COUNTRY, not the SEC, the country?

Hard pass on that stat alone. That's not just bad, that's awful.

Reactions: FollowTheLeader
Had a quick glance at some UF boards and they are not at all disappointed he is gone.

From the article:

"The Gators allowed opponents to convert 49.71% on third down, ranking 129th nationally among 131 teams, and gave up more plays of 10 yards or longer than all but Arkansas among 14 SEC teams."

We've been complaining of "3rd and Banks/Martinez" all year and you'd suggest we "upgrade" to a guy who actually coached one of the worst 3rd down Ds in the COUNTRY, not the SEC, the country?

Hard pass on that stat alone. That's not just bad, that's awful.
He coached the secondary not the whole defense. UF also had one of the worst dlines in the conf which doesn't help coverage. Before UF he spent 10yrs at LSU and I think they put out some good ones during his time.

Not stumping for him but if we're replacing then we could do worse

He coached the secondary not the whole defense. UF also had one of the worst dlines in the conf which doesn't help coverage. Before UF he spent 10yrs at LSU and I think they put out some good ones during his time.

Not stumping for him but if we're replacing then we could do worse

I think they already have replacement

Reactions: Deebowbear
If he’s great why did they cut him loose?

This kind of stuck out when I read it...

The defense only recorded three interceptions in all 12 games, which was last in the conference. As a whole, the defense only forced seven total turnovers, which is second-to-last in the entire country. They only ranked ahead of Temple.

It shouldn't be that hard to check Fl. the defense stats to see if things improved or dropped off Did they lose games during the year like Tenn did because of their porous secondary ?

From that article I just posted

Florida started the season strong on defense, only allowing 13.5 points per game through four weeks. In those four games, they faced Utah, McNeese State, Tennessee and Charlotte. In the last eight games, though, the unit was one of the worst in the country. The team allowed 382.32 yards per game and was the 11th-ranked team defense in the SEC and 69th in the country. They allowed 701 total yards to LSU on Nov. 11.

VN Store

Back