Coronavirus (No politics)

Wow, you’re amazing. What part of “January 30” and “we don’t follow mainstream media” do you not grasp?

I missed Scientific American. I’ve been gnawing on JAMA, NEJM, and Lancet and several medical podcasts.

I’m glad you were all woke and stuff back on Jan 30. I grovel in apology for being initially distracted. Lead on.

You seem to take everything personally, in a bad way.

I live in Roanoke and so far 0 confirmed here. Carilion has had some from other areas close by
I live in Roanoke as well. We've actually had one at Roanoke Memorial, but you're correct, she is from outside the area. Old lady needing intensive care.

My daughter now sleeps in the basement guest quarters of their house. She comes home, showers, leaves her work clothes downstairs, visits upstairs wearing mask and gloves, and then goes back down to sleep. We now visit via FB Portal, although they live 5 minutes away.

I’m 65 and my husband is 70. We also have thought about the both-in-hospital with a toddler son scenario.

My wife has been an RN for a very long time - she'll be 70 this year, and I'll be 74. She still works part time, but hasn't since she had minor hip surgery the first of January. She was supposed to go back to work at the beginning of April. It's a dilemma, and I'll leave it up to her ... like most wives she doesn't seem to listen to my opinion that much anyway. On one hand she could definitely be an asset; on the other she could become a patient and require more care than what she added.

I work in diagnostic imaging equipment sales/service.. mainly x-ray. We have many clients who are small practices - orthos, urgent care facilities, family practices, small hospitals. They are also struggling economically from this. I've spoke to three small hospitals (55 bed, 99 bed and 109 bed) today, and they're ghost towns - some sending staff home. This is good (as opposed to being overrun), but also costly, I'm sure.

I work in diagnostic imaging equipment sales/service.. mainly x-ray. We have many clients who are small practices - orthos, urgent care facilities, family practices, small hospitals. They are also struggling economically from this. I've spoke to three small hospitals (55 bed, 99 bed and 109 bed) today, and they're ghost towns - some sending staff home. This is good (as opposed to being overrun), but also costly, I'm sure.

Interesting.

Why are they so low....canceling elective surgeries to be ready for coronavirus patients? Is this in TN?

Reactions: AM64
My wife has been an RN for a very long time - she'll be 70 this year, and I'll be 74. She still works part time, but hasn't since she had minor hip surgery the first of January. She was supposed to go back to work at the beginning of April. It's a dilemma, and I'll leave it up to her ... like most wives she doesn't seem to listen to my opinion that much anyway. On one hand she could definitely be an asset; on the other she could become a patient and require more care than what she added.

Encourage her to work if you don't want her to.

I've picked up on that over the years. One other thing - never make age a factor - even a tiny hint of "you're too old". If you live long enough, you will never hear the end of it.
That's the operative word- if you live long enough.

I'm married to a Latina. If I ever dare to make a single comment about age, that 'long enough' becomes seconds. She'll send me straight to the pearly gates.

Reactions: AM64
My test for Covid-19 was negative. Me nor the dr knows what we had. I guess that ends the updates. Thanks everyone for your well wishes during this time.
I bet you had it. I keep saying no way the tests are accurate. Something like only 12% of those being tested are getting positive results. That’s a ton of people with the symptoms that are also testing negative for the flu and strep. Something doesn’t add up. Glad you’re ok.

Reactions: maotai
My test for Covid-19 was negative. Me nor the dr knows what we had. I guess that ends the updates. Thanks everyone for your well wishes during this time.

It must have been incredibly stressful for you and your family during the past 2 weeks so I am glad you got good news. But continue to get better and stay safe.

I bet you had it. I keep saying no way the tests are accurate. Something like only 12% of those being tested are getting positive results. That’s a ton of people with the symptoms that are also testing negative for the flu and strep. Something doesn’t add up. Glad you’re ok.

I think that the likelihood of the PCR test giving a false negative for symptomatic individuals is very very low. However false negatives have been a problem for asymptomatic individuals.

Reactions: volinbham

VN Store

Back