Could Butch Be On The Verge Of...

No doubt it would - given where we've been the last 5 (maybe 10) years, where we are now, and where we need/should be, this would be a return to relevance win of historical proportion.

I would put it 4th behind the following

1)1995 Alabama- ended 11 game winning streak and did it in Tuscaloosa

2)1986 Sugar Bowl- the game that returned UT to the national spotlight. Even though we were ranked #8, we were still expected to be beaten handily by a great #2 Miami team

3)1991 Notre Dame- the Miracle in South Bend. Arguably the best game I ever seen UT play. Down, but not out. We pushed Notre Dame all over the field in the 2nd half. We went into South Bend a decisive underdog and came away with the win

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Obviously, yes.

People need to calm down though, this is not happening. And it is not a negative towards this staff, it is just current reality.

Obviously, yes.

People need to calm down though, this is not happening. And it is not a negative towards this staff, it is just current reality.

I bet you tell kids Santa isn't real.

Shun the non-believer.

possibly winning one of the biggest games in Tennessee history?

I don't care about our chances. I don't care about how we have no chance. What I do care about is if we win, would this rank as one of the biggest wins in our storied history?

Hell yeah I'm with you.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Obviously, yes.

Then maybe you should support the Vols only when they are winning and dominating. Reality is, sometimes teams win games they have not been predicted to. That's current reality.

All time? Depends on how the season plays out. I mean, if Oregon were to lose to us then to go on, run the table and get to the NC and beat a team like Alabama, then possibly yes.

If Oregon turns out to be a bit overrated, it would still be a huge win for us just not an all time biggest win in Tennessee history. JMO of course.

Then maybe you should support the Vols only when they are winning and dominating. Reality is, sometimes teams win games they have not been predicted to. That's current reality.

Where have said I don't support them?

You read much?

I guess you believe they will win? Want to make a wager?

Obviously, yes.

Thought I said that I DGAF about chances.
Do YOU read much?

Last edited:
When you think about it...Butch Jones is about to walk up into Oregon's stadium with a bunch of young men strait out of high school after all the injury. This would have to be one of the greatest upsets of all time. We just have to believe!

Probably won't happen till next week...way better shot to beat the gators ...jmo

Agree. My Orange colored glasses say we beat the Ducks.

My perception of reality tells me we have a better chance of beating the Gators in the Swamp if we can just keep the game tomorrow respectable.

Unless a team like Oregan has a really off game it takes a long tine to build a team/program up to even have an upset!

Last coach to win his first three games at Tennessee was General Robert Neyland. Pretty damn significant.

If I see them play their hearts out for 4 quarters regardless of the score I will consider this the most significant game in nearly a decade.

VN Store

Back