Could Butch Be On The Verge Of...

VN is so very hungry for a signature win, with only 2 SEC Wins in 2 years. At some point the famin must end so UT fans can finally breathe the sweet smell of Victory....soon is not soon enough!

it would be one of the biggest due to point spread alone.. how many times has tn been 28 pt dog in its history???

Who the hell is this wet blanket Terry Pedigo? Im kind of new but JUST DAMN, the OP is asking if this game could be one of UT's biggest ever wins and this guy goes off on not betting the farm. Dude! read some books on PMA ( positive mental attitude) It will change your life.

Honestly I applaud him. You can actually read that post and not give urself a hemorrhage.

Guys, we are not gonna win tomorrow. But hear me out before you flame me. For the last few years we have been as frustrated as a June bride with Perez Hilton. But part of that frustration was due to the fact that we are Tennessee and we deserve better than what we've been getting. Butch has reminded us that we are Tennessee, and we are gonna hit those effing ducks square in the teeth. My gut tells me that while we lose the game, our boys fight hard and make us believe again. Volunteer pride will return in force tomorrow just in time for the Gators. I won't bad mouth Florida for now, because one of them came to our defense against that ducksflying jackwad in a show of brotherly solidarity. But I feel that people will be done with badmouthing the Vols after tomorrow, and we get a lift going into the swamp. No matter what happens, we won't get what Canelo is going to get tomorrow. But an upset will make me gladly eat crow.

Reactions: 1 person
I would put it 4th behind the following

1)1995 Alabama- ended 11 game winning streak and did it in Tuscaloosa

2)1986 Sugar Bowl- the game that returned UT to the national spotlight. Even though we were ranked #8, we were still expected to be beaten handily by a great #2 Miami team

3)1991 Notre Dame- the Miracle in South Bend. Arguably the best game I ever seen UT play. Down, but not out. We pushed Notre Dame all over the field in the 2nd half. We went into South Bend a decisive underdog and came away with the win

Might I respectfully add: #4 1982 vs #2 ranked Alabama and #5 1985 vs #1 ranked Auburn

I was hoping for a defensive game like Western Kentucky against Oregon. Where our defence scores 2 times and takes the ball away 7 times that would be great. Then we can ground and pound them into the turf. They don't play that type of game on the west coast. That would be what we need to do. If we win, it will be close with a kick in it at the end. But as for biggest wins of all time. I don't think so. NC game in 1998. 1995 Alabama game has to be there. Beating the NC LSU with Billy Cannon in the 1950s would also be up there as well.

Hey, Count noticed your in West Tenn. mind if I ask where I`m in Gibson County.

Last edited:
I'm new to board. But happy to see that I am not the only with "kickoff syndrome". Meaning when we are facing a superior opponent on paper that on Monday I give us little chance. But the closer it gets to kickoff, the more I believe we can win. Fact is, by 2:25 central time tomorrow, I will be convinced we will win. Had this syndrome all thru the 90s before the Florida game and had it all the way up until 2011 when I realized Dooley was grossly incompetent and we truly had no shot. Win or lose, I once again feel like we at least have a chance.

I'm new to board. But happy to see that I am not the only with "kickoff syndrome". Meaning when we are facing a superior opponent on paper that on Monday I give us little chance. But the closer it gets to kickoff, the more I believe we can win. Fact is, by 2:25 central time tomorrow, I will be convinced we will win. Had this syndrome all thru the 90s before the Florida game and had it all the way up until 2011 when I realized Dooley was grossly incompetent and we truly had no shot. Win or lose, I once again feel like we at least have a chance.

welcome to VN

2)1986 Sugar Bowl- the game that returned UT to the national spotlight. Even though we were ranked #8, we were still expected to be beaten handily by a great #2 Miami team

3)1991 Notre Dame- the Miracle in South Bend. Arguably the best game I ever seen UT play. Down, but not out. We pushed Notre Dame all over the field in the 2nd half. We went into South Bend a decisive underdog and came away with the win

I watched all three games, I would put #2 first. I just knew UT was going to win in 95, that feeling was in the air. If UT wins tomorrow, I would not rank this very high. Sure against the Vegas odds.... but if you look at the players, they are about dead even. Oregon has a huge advantage in that the players are in the same system while UT has bounced around, but overall I don't believe they have better talent, just better developed until now.

Rivals Recruiting rankings
UT Oregon
2010 9 13
2011 13 9
2012 17 16
2013 21 22

Hard to pick just 3. 1982 win over Bama, 1985 win over Auburn, 1959 win over Billy Cannon and LSU, 2005 come back over LSU were all pretty sweet.

Honestly I applaud him. You can actually read that post and not give urself a hemorrhage.

Hate it for you too then. I think any rational person recognizes the incredible challenge the Vols face today. I think that the 28 point spread is about right as well. That doesn't mean that I'm going to adopt some Eeyore (sp) attitude either. Football is a strange game sometimes and really unlikely things can happen if a team can go into it believing those things can happen. I choose to believe it can happen, but won't be disappointed if it doesn't. :peace2:

possibly winning one of the biggest games in Tennessee history?

I don't care about our chances. I don't care about how we have no chance. What I do care about is if we win, would this rank as one of the biggest wins in our storied history?

Nope!

VN Store

Back