Could this be WKU's biggest game?

utvols74

IMHO, I think the answer is yes. Since we're all Vol fans, I'm sure most of you would agree. However, consider this...

a) South Alabama, Morgan State, Navy, ULM, Raggin' Cagin's, etc. make up the remaining teams on their season. WKU should make a nice run in their conference (Sun Belt). But a win over a bonafide SEC team (other than KY) will help establish the program as bonafide and "rising to the next level". Winning their conference would be nice, but getting leveled at Knoxville would put a huge asterisk on the season indicating "no change here - same ole WKU".

b) Patrino must feel like he's coaching at the high school level as compared to what he came from (there were those predicting Arky's run for a NC b/4 the motorcycle incident). He's feeling dissed and wants to get back to the big show....and big money.

So...

UT had better watch out. WKU will throw anything and everything at UT to get a win. They're going to play extremely motivated. If UT is looking ahead (and out west) we may be terribly surprised.

Reactions: 6 people
This should be a very interesting game! I'm ready to see how team 117 plays against some better competition this week.

IMHO, I think the answer is yes. Since we're all Vol fans, I'm sure most of you would agree. However, consider this...

a) South Alabama, Morgan State, Navy, ULM, Raggin' Cagin's, etc. make up the remaining teams on their season. WKU should make a nice run in their conference (Sun Belt). But a win over a bonafide SEC team (other than KY) will help establish the program as bonafide and "rising to the next level". Winning their conference would be nice, but getting leveled at Knoxville would put a huge asterisk on the season indicating "no change here - same ole WKU".

b) Patrino must feel like he's coaching at the high school level as compared to what he came from (there were those predicting Arky's run for a NC b/4 the motorcycle incident). He's feeling dissed and wants to get back to the big show....and big money.

So...

UT had better watch out. WKU will throw anything and everything at UT to get a win. They're going to play extremely motivated. If UT is looking ahead (and out west) we may be terribly surprised.

:good!: Yep, TN Vols better be ready for WKU because they aren't AP. These guys can put points on the board with a coach like Petrino who has SEC experience....he doesn't play around & his team will be ready & serious with their win over UK coming to K-town to lay some wood.

Reactions: 2 people

So...

We are Tennessee and they are Western Kentucky! They beat Kentucky who sux so please stop worrying! We win by 21 or more.

:eek:k:

Good grief!

Tennesseeduke

We are Tennessee and they are Western Kentucky! They beat Kentucky who sux so please stop worrying! We win by 21 or more.

:eek:k:

Good grief!

Tennesseeduke

Just don't be counting yo chickens before they hatch. It's not good to take these games for granted.....just yet anyway.

Tennessee by at least 3 td`s. Petrino is not God and I don`t why people think he is.

He may not be a God as you say but he's damn good offensive coach who will find a way to put points on the board against us despite the talent disparity.

Reactions: 3 people
It's a trap game.

Could be. But the overall talent disparity between these two teams is at least as large as the one between UT and Bama.... and that's how good I think WKU's chances are. Not impossible but UT has to underperform and they have to play over their heads for them to win.

Reactions: 1 person
Butch is going to run the score up against Petrino until he mouths "F you" across the field like he did to Les Miles.

Reactions: 4 people
He may not be a God as you say but he's damn good offensive coach who will find a way to put points on the board against us despite the talent disparity.

We have a damn good coach too that knows how to score points but people seem to forget that. This game will not be close.

Could be. But the overall talent disparity between these two teams is at least as large as the one between UT and Bama.... and that's how good I think WKU's chances are. Not impossible but UT has to underperform and they have to play over their heads for them to win.

Could be?

Alabama has beat us by about 31 points the last few years, I don't see that as a possibility.

They could be a challenge. We'll find out. I hope their not for our sake, but you never know.

They could be a challenge. We'll find out. I hope their not for our sake, but you never know.

I hope they are. We play a great team in Oregon the next week, it wouldn't be a bad thing if WKU makes them work for the W.

That's what Kentucky was saying with Stoops on the sidelines yesterday.

WKU beat UK last year without Petrino. UK is now firmly entrenched as no better than the 3rd best team in the state of Kentucky... which is pretty pathetic if you think about it. Stoops will have a near impossible task of holding his class together if their season goes as I think it will. They are probably a 2-10 team this year... and I am not entirely sure they beat Miami (OH).

WKU beat UK last year without Petrino. UK is now firmly entrenched as no better than the 3rd best team in the state of Kentucky... which is pretty pathetic if you think about it. Stoops will have a near impossible task of holding his class together if their season goes as I think it will. They are probably a 2-10 team this year... and I am not entirely sure they beat Miami (OH).

1-11 is seriously a possibility.

VN Store

Back