Could this be WKU's biggest game?

Unfortunately it doesn't always come down to talent.

Absolutely right. That's why I am saying that if Jones is as good as we hope then this is a 20 point win. If the coaches were reversed.... that's roughly what I would expect too.

Well, people are just pointing out that Western Kentucky may not be a cake walk. We know how Tennessee has played the past few years, and most people are a little shady to just assume we will have a blow out win. Most coaches, even Saban, don't make that huge of a difference the very first season.

Reactions: 1 person
While I think we wil win I don't see a blow out. Before this week I said 10 points would be about right. With four walk ons that will see playing time in this game, I can't say our talent level is higher than WKU. Our secondary will get torched for a few big gainers no doubt. I was not really impressed with big Dan. He was pretty much handled by one lineman the entire game, but I need to watch again. Our offense was pretty vanilla but effective vs a high school team. So all that being said, we play a near perfect game and we win easy. A few mistakes and this thing is a nail biter

This game terrifies me. I'll be honest. I'm hoping my gut is wrong and this game is over my halftime, but I have a feeling it's going to be a close one until our talent just takes over.

How have the Vols fared the last few years in their "biggest games"?

That being said, Butch was all business yesterday. I don't see him being less focused for a better quality opponent. I think we'll be fine.

Reactions: 2 people
Well, people are just pointing out that Western Kentucky may not be a cake walk. We know how Tennessee has played the past few years, and most people are a little shady to just assume we will have a blow out win. Most coaches, even Saban, don't make that huge of a difference the very first season.

^^^^^^^ This says what I've been trying to say. Games start getting for real this weekend & we will have to pull our chin straps down tighter from here on out. We better not be looking ahead to Oregon.

While I think we wil win I don't see a blow out. Before this week I said 10 points would be about right. With four walk ons that will see playing time in this game, I can't say our talent level is higher than WKU. Our secondary will get torched for a few big gainers no doubt. I was not really impressed with big Dan. He was pretty much handled by one lineman the entire game, but I need to watch again. Our offense was pretty vanilla but effective vs a high school team. So all that being said, we play a near perfect game and we win easy. A few mistakes and this thing is a nail biter

actually he was slicing right through and forcing their QB to move

well people should remember that before they crown Petrino as the greatest coach ever. take your own advice

Last edited:
No game is a given. This holds true for every matchup on Tennessee's schedule, as well as Alabama's, LSU's, Texas A & M, etc. Any coach worth his weight takes no contest for granted.

With that said, UT should win next Saturday. I expect CBJ is more than acquainted with what could happen if they look beyond WKU and will have the team ready.

This should be a very interesting game! I'm ready to see how team 117 plays against some better competition this week.

Ram it down their throats like somebody who wreck's their motorcycle on gravel from an unpaved road.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 6
IMHO, I think the answer is yes. Since we're all Vol fans, I'm sure most of you would agree. However, consider this...

a) South Alabama, Morgan State, Navy, ULM, Raggin' Cagin's, etc. make up the remaining teams on their season. WKU should make a nice run in their conference (Sun Belt). But a win over a bonafide SEC team (other than KY) will help establish the program as bonafide and "rising to the next level". Winning their conference would be nice, but getting leveled at Knoxville would put a huge asterisk on the season indicating "no change here - same ole WKU".

b) Patrino must feel like he's coaching at the high school level as compared to what he came from (there were those predicting Arky's run for a NC b/4 the motorcycle incident). He's feeling dissed and wants to get back to the big show....and big money.

So...

UT had better watch out. WKU will throw anything and everything at UT to get a win. They're going to play extremely motivated. If UT is looking ahead (and out west) we may be terribly surprised.

This is foolish. In 2002 we (i was in school at WKU at the time)and played in the D1-AA national title game, and won it. Please beleive that was the biggest game in school history. I am a die hard vol fan, but also love me tops aswell. Please dont think for a second that a game in the 2nd week of the seaosn beats winning a national championship.

VN Store

Back