Could we see the wildcat Saturday?

No. I think you will actually see a QB run the read option. You will definitely see Peterman or Dobbs run some series. I don't think you will see wildcat with possible exception for short yardage plays.

Reactions: 1 person
Id support just about anything that will light a fire under our offense. I never knew how much I would miss our gamers from last year. Could you imagine what Bajakians offense would look like with Hunter, Bray, Rogers and CP? They put up amazing numbers last year under the worst coach in UT history. Anytime you score 35+ points in a SEC game you should win.

This is my humble opinion...
Worley is very predictable when it comes to.. Well, anything.. He is bad about staring down the receiver he wants to throw to, and he doesn't appear to check down to a second receiver very often.. AND he NEVER runs when the defense is the least bit good (that's why he ran a bit against AP) He is like a Matt Simms type qb

Peterman too is very predictable.. I believe his problem is lack of experience tho.. I think given time, he could be a Johnathan Crompton type of QB.. A good game manager with a good arm, and very trustable with the ball.. Never a threat to run for big yardage, but deserves the respect of the defense that he might get a couple yards if need be... I think long term, he could be our guy (if given time by our fan base)

Now as far as the true freshmen...

I think Dobbs is an EJ Manuel type of qb.. He has the legs to run the ball the length of the field if need be, and the arm to throw his way out of trouble.. And the brains to determine when to do which... But, I would be scared to put him on the field and let him run before he puts on some more weight.. He could be the X-factor to a national championship year (down the road) but not before he is bulked up some...

Which brings me to Ferguson.. I believe he is a Tyler Bray/ Erik Ainge type of qb.. I believe that he has the arm to throw the length of the field, and the confidence to try every snap if need be... I think he has the subtle arrogance Bray had his freshman year, and is naive enough not to know better.. I think that he has nothing to lose (as does any of the others).. But I believe he gives us the best UP side.. I think that Ferguson is deff the short term answer (for this year)..

I trust Coach Jones in his opinion, and if he doesnt think the freshmen are ready, then i beleive in his opinion..

This is just my non expert opinion

Many people didn't like Brays arrogance, I saw it as one of his qualities. If he threw a pick he had no problem going right back out and gunslinging it the next series. Worley is the type of QB who let's mistakes get into his head too much. After last weeks game id guess that his confidence is pretty much shot. A couple of his throws to North this year could have been TDs if they were accurate. The ones that North did catch it's because he came back to the ball and bailed Worley out.

it's going to be the same ol **** they've been doing. Putting somebody in a wildcat isn't going to fool this defense. Playing Ferguson is the only option for a winning season imo...and I'm usually very accurate with my predictions

Good grief man...how the heck can you make such a statement about a QB that neither you nor anyone of us have ever seen in a practice much less an SEC college football game?

Many people didn't like Brays arrogance, I saw it as one of his qualities. If he threw a pick he had no problem going right back out and gunslinging it the next series. Worley is the type of QB who let's mistakes get into his head too much. After last weeks game id guess that his confidence is pretty much shot. A couple of his throws to North this year could have been TDs if they were accurate. The ones that North did catch it's because he came back to the ball and bailed Worley out.

I completely agree... Brays arrogance was why were in games his freshman year, because he was too young to know any better.. Bray could throw 7 interception in one half, and come out second half trying to thread the needle... And that is an excellent quality in a young quarterback..

Now as far as Dobbs having "wheels", that's not what I was saying.. Just simply he is our closest thing to a "running qb" and seems fit enough to run one play 100 yards, or consecutive running plays the length of the field

I honestly never liked the wildcat. It's basically telling your opponent you're using that player in a specific manner. It ran its course in the nfl. Same with the read-option. Eventually that will leave too when teams realize Qbs like RG3 can't take the beating (there's a few like Kap that might handle it better).

Anyway, I think UT would just be better developing the throwing of it's Qbs. They have a few promising throwers. Now if you can just get people that catch the ball...

I honestly never liked the wildcat. It's basically telling your opponent you're using that player in a specific manner. It ran its course in the nfl. Same with the read-option. Eventually that will leave too when teams realize Qbs like RG3 can't take the beating (there's a few like Kap that might handle it better).

Anyway, I think UT would just be better developing the throwing of it's Qbs. They have a few promising throwers. Now if you can just get people that catch the ball...

I agree with this statement as well.. But I do believe that with a qb that can run the ball, it helps them out with the passing aspect of it... And if we play a qb that can do both, it keeps them second guessing against us...

I.e.: Tim Tebow, Trey Burton, the Kentucky WR.. They all had success against us..

BTW, all you guys wanting Pig to run the wildcat. He can't seem to stay healthy playing the slot, out in space, how the hell do you expect him to take the pounding he would get running the wildcat??

This place is filled with Rocket Surgeons.

Reactions: 2 people
BTW, all you guys wanting Pig to run the wildcat. He can't seem to stay healthy playing the slot, out in space, how the hell do you expect him to take the pounding he would get running the wildcat??

This place is filled with Rocket Surgeons.

NB4 whats a rocket surgeon ? :unsure:

1. Playing Ferguson is the only option for a winning season imo...

2. and I'm usually very accurate with my predictions

These were the two I found laughable. On the first you may be right, but then again, none of us have any evidence of that.

On the second, well I just coupled that statement with your username and got a chuckle.

What's funny about the username?

Yes. They will run the wildcat. They'll snap it to Josh Dobbs and he will sometimes hand it off, sometimes run with it, and sometimes pass it to a teammate.

Your argument is pretty flawed. Gerald Jones rushed 23 times in 2008 for 126 yards, or 5.5 ypc.

I think, judging by your username, you're just old fashioned.

Gerald Jones Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

By the way, you said AJ runs in the "beast"package. The "beast" IS the wildcat. Not sure what you were arguing.

Nah, I think he's making reference to the fact that AJ's team nickname is "the Beast". It's even on his Twitter. That's where the "Beast Mode" package got its name as far as I know.

VN Store

Back