Crazy Allen West's Latest

Which is a critical part of the military justice system. As a commander, I gave the option of NJP or trial by courts marshal every time I had a soldier accused of wrong doing. Only once did I have a soldier (a warrant officer, no less) that I sent directly to a court marshal and that was because he tried to kill his wife.

As to West, there is ample evidence that his actions were those of a commander who was perfectly sane and trying to save American lives. Now, you may disagree with some of his rhetoric in his political life, and you can say he used faulty judgement the night in question, but you can't judge either his sanity nor his intent.

I was not there, so my opinion counts for next to nothing. But the fact is that his conduct was not consistent with that of other commanders, and it was consistent with the crazy talk he has exhibited since his discharge. He consistently talks like a crazy man, so I think it believable that he acted like a crazy man, as accused. What was his intent when he said crazy things? To play hero. What was his intent when he did crazy things? To play hero.

Last edited:
I was not there, so my opinion counts for next to nothing. But the fact is that his conduct was not consistent with that of other commanders, and it was consistent with the crazy talk he has exhibited since his discharge. He consistently talks like a crazy man, so I think it believable that he acted like a crazy man, as accused. What was his intent when he said crazy things? What was his intent when he did crazy things?

Well, got one thing correct in your comments there.

Try actually reading what happened. Even Wikipedia is more informed than you are.

The Division Commander declined to proceed to the courts martial and gave him an Article 15 instead. And just in case you missed what I just said:

THE MAJOR GENERAL IN CHARGE OF THE DIVISION GAVE HIM AN ARTICLE 15 IN LIEU OF A COURTS MARTIAL

Try researching for a change. It's a novel concept.

You lecture me about doing research, while citing Wikipedia as your source. Don't you know that anybody can write anything in Wikipedia, from one day to the next? smdh

You lecture me about doing research, while citing Wikipedia as your source. Don't you know that anybody can write anything in Wikipedia, from one day to the next? smdh

Funny, I didn't use Wiki as my source. I went straight to the original article written not long after it happened.

Don't change the subject. You still have zero understanding of the military judicial system.

So, you are good for cutie cheap shots and quoting Wikipedia. I'm not impressed, but some here no doubt are. lol

I wouldn't have the opportunity to make those cutie cheap shots if you'd just not post anything.

Problem solved.

Last edited:
Funny, I didn't use Wiki as my source. I went straight to the original article written not long after it happened.

Don't change the subject. You still have zero understanding of the military judicial system.

YOU gave Wikipedia as your source, not an article, and that makes you FOS. End of story.

Actually he was given the option for retirement and got NJP from the Division Commander. So that's his fault?

WebCite query result

It's obvious that you have no idea that most officers would never, I repeat never, stick their necks out like that for their troops.

I wish I had more commanders like that.

Just so it's on record that I did not cite Wiki. I did say Wiki was more educated than you are. And currently you are proving it.

I again say that his military career and problems are waaaaay down the list of what makes him a good or bad Congressman. Look at what he says now as primary evidence of what you think of him as a politician. I don't have to dwell on his remarks for long before I get a good sense of his views. Same I imagine for those who would support him.

Reactions: 1 person
I again say that his military career and problems are waaaaay down the list of what makes him a good or bad Congressman. Look at what he says now as primary evidence of what you think of him as a politician. I don't have to dwell on his remarks for long before I get a good sense of his views. Same I imagine for those who would support him.

Yup, he's the polar opposite of you and your party.. There's hope after all.

Using your logic, you're a racist.

Reactions: StarRaider

So according to you he's a Tea Party favorite, right?

And also according to you the Tea Party is racist, right?

Doesn't that create quite the conundrum?

Reactions: StarRaider
I was not there, so my opinion counts for next to nothing. But the fact is that his conduct was not consistent with that of other commanders, and it was consistent with the crazy talk he has exhibited since his discharge. He consistently talks like a crazy man, so I think it believable that he acted like a crazy man, as accused. What was his intent when he said crazy things? To play hero. What was his intent when he did crazy things? To play hero.

He has opinions and you are welcome to disagree with his opinions. The rest is purely judgmental.

I saw commanders do similar things and not get punished. I saw commanders who did much less, or were accused of much less and were removed from command and forced to retire. So, unless you were part of the unit he was in and had the ability to see other commanders, it would be very difficult to know whether what he did was any different than any other commander in the same situation.

And, don't get me started on what the special units and other government agencies were allowed to do. I had to personally clean up too many of their messes.

Bottom line is war is a dirty business. West took a risk, crossed a line and was held accountable. Since then he has accepted responsibility for those actions and moved on. His political career is in line with a large segment of the population in this country and he uses a lot of hyperbole and outlandish commentary to make his point. A lot of people agree, many of us do not, but the fact is, he is far from crazy. He is no crazier now then when he was a young ROTC Cadet at the University of Tennessee back in the 80s.

But, like any other topic in this country, we can't really have a debate on the topic itself but must boil every argument down to the ad hominem "he's a crazy loon and I'm right."

Reactions: 2 people
He has opinions and you are welcome to disagree with his opinions. The rest is purely judgmental.

I saw commanders do similar things and not get punished. I saw commanders who did much less, or were accused of much less and were removed from command and forced to retire. So, unless you were part of the unit he was in and had the ability to see other commanders, it would be very difficult to know whether what he did was any different than any other commander in the same situation.

And, don't get me started on what the special units and other government agencies were allowed to do. I had to personally clean up too many of their messes.

Bottom line is war is a dirty business. West took a risk, crossed a line and was held accountable. Since then he has accepted responsibility for those actions and moved on. His political career is in line with a large segment of the population in this country and he uses a lot of hyperbole and outlandish commentary to make his point. A lot of people agree, many of us do not, but the fact is, he is far from crazy. He is no crazier now then when he was a young ROTC Cadet at the University of Tennessee back in the 80s.

But, like any other topic in this country, we can't really have a debate on the topic itself but must boil every argument down to the ad hominem "he's a crazy loon and I'm right."

You can read what the man says and excuse it. I can't, so I don't. He is NOT like any other topic in this country. How many of them do I boil down to "he's crazy?" That almost NEVER happens, and I cover a lot of them. If West does not want to be taken for a crazy man, then he should not talk and act like a crazy man.

You can read what the man says and excuse it. I can't, so I don't. He is NOT like any other topic in this country. How many of them do I boil down to "he's crazy?" That almost NEVER happens, and I cover a lot of them. If West does not want to be taken for a crazy man, then he should not talk and act like a crazy man.

Isn't it past your bed and med time?

VN Store

Back