Crazy Bets You've Won Or Lost On Vols Games

Ran naked around a house in a foot of snow after losing to VTech a few years ago in the bowl game. Not proud.

During the late Fulmer years I won a lot of money betting against UT

It's a shame I didn't start betting on UT football once I knew once and for all what a god-awful coach Dooley was. There was no surer bet over the past few years than going with opponents to cover against us.

I lost a lot of friends when the ol ball coach went for it on 4th down n 96 i think and scored a td to go up 21 Points n then i proceeded to throw the keg off the deck down the hill and into my neighbors yard.....lol

Man I wanted chavis fired so bad for his stupid zone plays in that game.

In 2007 I was with a group from 84 Lumber here in GA, uga game and sitting next to my salesman (a uga fan), my wife and I were singing Rocky Top with the band and he was looking at us funny, I told him I bet by the end of the game he would know every word to Rocky Top. To this day he still sings it to me everytime I see him. I really injoyed that game!

Only story I could think of is with my dad....We were visiting family in Oak Ridge and going to the Tenn/Arky game the next day. I think I was around 14 to 16 years old so puts it from around 96-99 range. (Would love info if anyone knows when this game was).....Anyways....One of my great grandfathers was a HUGE Arky fan and asked dad if he heard about Arky's QB situation for the game. He goes on to say that 3 of their QB's were injured and they had to get a kid that was a qb from a flag football league on their campus. I guess the betting line didn't reflect this information. I remember the first snap Arky hiked it over the Qb's head, fumble, Tenn recovered; and my dad gives me that look of "Gonna be a GRREEEAAT day son!" I'm sure he bet our house or something...lol.

Reactions: 1 person
Either 99 or 2000 at talladeega. We were playing the bubbas and we were down in the middle of the third. Well, with many Bammers around I began taking $20 bets off folks standing around our campsite. Needless to say I walked with over $650 as we came back and stomped the tide for the win. They had Shawn Alexander, I remember that much as that day is a little blurry.

Only story I could think of is with my dad....We were visiting family in Oak Ridge and going to the Tenn/Arky game the next day. I think I was around 14 to 16 years old so puts it from around 96-99 range. (Would love info if anyone knows when this game was).....Anyways....One of my great grandfathers was a HUGE Arky fan and asked dad if he heard about Arky's QB situation for the game. He goes on to say that 3 of their QB's were injured and they had to get a kid that was a qb from a flag football league on their campus. I guess the betting line didn't reflect this information. I remember the first snap Arky hiked it over the Qb's head, fumble, Tenn recovered; and my dad gives me that look of "Gonna be a GRREEEAAT day son!" I'm sure he bet our house or something...lol.

That had to be 1996. Arky was pretty bad that year.

Either 99 or 2000 at talladeega. We were playing the bubbas and we were down in the middle of the third. Well, with many Bammers around I began taking $20 bets off folks standing around our campsite. Needless to say I walked with over $650 as we came back and stomped the tide for the win. They had Shawn Alexander, I remember that much as that day is a little blurry.

That was probably 1999 if they had Alexander. Always great to win the CASH!

I had to put on a Gator hat and jersey and sing their stupid song in front of formation while I was in the Marines. My CO was a UF alum. If we'd have beaten them, he had to put on my UT ballcap and jersey and sing Rocky Top.

Yes, I felt like a traitor. Couldn't wait to get that crap off.

I would've went AWOL

Reactions: 2 people
That had to be 1996. Arky was pretty bad that year.

I think you are right...we beat them 55-14 that year. I wish I could find the spread. dad couldn't believe the line didn't change. I guess it was a really late injury, but, dad had the maker's flowing that night.

just this past year i lost a few hundred bucks on just plain idiotic bets for ut. lets see here

Lost $100 betting my boss ( who is a huge Buckeye fan) that Tennessee would win as many or more games than OSU

Lost $200 to my other boss who bet the vols would go 7-5 or worse and i took 8-4 or better

Lost another $200 to the second boss when i bet him that Tyler Bray would go 5th round or better.

Lost $20 betting that Tennessee would cover against vandy.

Lost $80 to another guy on the vandy game after two previous double or nothing bets. first was $20 for tennessee to cover the spread at troy, then it was straight up against mizzou then finally the damn vandy game.

so lets see thats roughly $600. only game i won all year was $50 on the NC state game....

just this past year i lost a few hundred bucks on just plain idiotic bets for ut. lets see here

Lost $100 betting my boss ( who is a huge Buckeye fan) that Tennessee would win as many or more games than OSU

Lost $200 to my other boss who bet the vols would go 7-5 or worse and i took 8-4 or better

Lost another $200 to the second boss when i bet him that Tyler Bray would go 5th round or better.

Lost $80 to another guy on the vandy game after two previous double or nothing bets. first was $20 for tennessee to cover the spread at troy, then it was straight up against mizzou then finally the damn vandy game.

so lets see thats roughly $600. only game i won all year was $50 on the NC state game....

Tell me your bets for this upcoming season. I'm going the other way! :loco:

Both of my brothers are (hack, hack) gator fans (our parents disowned both of them before they went on to that Neyland Stadium in the sky), and my younger brother and I always bet $10 on the UT-fla game. A few years ago, my brother took the $10 and bought scratch-off lottery tickets...and won $1,000...

The Garden Gnome bet. Buddy of mine who is an LSU fan and I have this standing bet that when UT plays LSU, the looser has to host a garden gnome of the winners school, placed in a "position of prominence" until the next game/outcome........

Ive had that stupid gnome (Whose name is "stinky" by the way) for WAAAAAAAY to long now, I literally had my fingers wrapped around its throat when the Dooley 13 fiasco happened.....

Craziest bets I make with opposing fans are for a six pack of beer or $20.00. Paid out many bets over the last ten years to rival fans. No way in hell I'm betting wearing a cap or jersey with our track record over the last decade.

Would you please bet against Tennessee making it to the SECCG this year. :)

Both of my brothers are (hack, hack) gator fans (our parents disowned both of them before they went on to that Neyland Stadium in the sky), and my younger brother and I always bet $10 on the UT-fla game. A few years ago, my brother took the $10 and bought scratch-off lottery tickets...and won $1,000...

Talk about adding a little salt to the wound, OUCH!

When Tennessee beat the caines 10-6 in Miami a few years ago I had made bets with several of my co-workers at the time. I was the only one sure that the Vols would win. When it was all said and done, I had won 1 case of Budlight, 3 six packs of Budlight and $130 dollars.....ahhh the good ole day...

Not much of a gambler and make a point never to bet on Tennessee games -- the reasons why are evident in some of the previous posts.

The only time I recall ever betting on Tennessee was the 1990 Bama game. Some of you will remember that we entered that game with a 4-0-2 record, having tied Auburn (in a disgusting game that we led by 17 in the 4th quarter) and eventual co-national champ Colorado. We had just dominated the previously-undefeated Gators, 45-3, the week before at Neyland and we were at home again against a down Tide squad that had already lost 3 games. I don't remember how much we were favored by, but all of the talking heads said we would win easily.

A co-worker of mine said I must be excited for the game that weekend and was surprised when I sounded less than confident. We were in the midst of a 4-game losing streak to the Tide and had been favored in 1 or 2 of those games, as well. It was his idea to bet me and for some reason I thought winning a few bucks might ease the pain of a loss. And if we won, I reasoned, then I wouldn't mind at all to hand over the money.

Well, we lost. The money (I forget the amount) didn't make it any less painful. And I actually felt kind of dirty for winning it.

Lost a bet on the UT vs. Cal game in 2007. Loser had to drink the following.

search

that someone had brought back from Asia and it was sitting on a desk for over a year.

I lost, and I chugged it.

Last edited:
I posted this in another thread but I had an ex who is a huge KY fan (she's transferring to KY in the fall even). She would constantly bet me in basketball, and even occasionally in football. We would often times bet things that would be rated R, but my favorite of them all was just a year ago when she bet me that KY would beat TN two years in a row in football.

She lost, so she had to wear this for every football game the next season. (She's 20 now, 19 in the pics, and I do indeed have her permission because she "lost the bet")

Attachments

• IMG958346.jpg
    IMG958346.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG951229.jpg
    IMG951229.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: 4 people
I lost a slap bet because Dooley was fired before the season was over.

Edit: Tough act to follow after this guy ^^^^^

I posted this in another thread but I had an ex who is a huge KY fan (she's transferring to KY in the fall even). She would constantly bet me in basketball, and even occasionally in football. We would often times bet things that would be rated R, but my favorite of them all was just a year ago when she bet me that KY would beat TN two years in a row in football.

She lost, so she had to wear this for every football game the next season. (She's 20 now, 19 in the pics, and I do indeed have her permission because she "lost the bet")

The Winnie The Pooh toy box really killed my viewing experience.

VN Store

Back