Crazy Bets You've Won Or Lost On Vols Games

just this past year i lost a few hundred bucks on just plain idiotic bets for ut. lets see here

Lost $100 betting my boss ( who is a huge Buckeye fan) that Tennessee would win as many or more games than OSU

Lost $200 to my other boss who bet the vols would go 7-5 or worse and i took 8-4 or better

Lost another $200 to the second boss when i bet him that Tyler Bray would go 5th round or better.

Lost $20 betting that Tennessee would cover against vandy.

Lost $80 to another guy on the vandy game after two previous double or nothing bets. first was $20 for tennessee to cover the spread at troy, then it was straight up against mizzou then finally the damn vandy game.

so lets see thats roughly $600. only game i won all year was $50 on the NC state game....

All those are valid bets......besides the Buckeye one. They have Urban Meyer and play like 3 simi tough games a year. They are winning atleast 10 games a year with Penn. St. Down.

Both of my brothers are (hack, hack) gator fans (our parents disowned both of them before they went on to that Neyland Stadium in the sky), and my younger brother and I always bet $10 on the UT-fla game. A few years ago, my brother took the $10 and bought scratch-off lottery tickets...and won $1,000...

Tell them they were adopted and their real parents are Tide fans.

Reactions: 1 person
Bet my uncle $50 that Tennessee would beat Miami in the 1986 Sugar Bowl, and much to my aunt's rage he paid me.

I was only 12, but if UT lost I'd have to work my uncle's tobacco all summer for free. Bet my aunt wouldn't have complained about that.

Thankfully, we won going away!

Never bet against against the Vols in New Orleans.

Battle of New Orleans 1986 Sugar Bowl - YouTube

Last edited:
The Winnie The Pooh toy box really killed my viewing experience.

she has a 4 year old brother. or maybe he's 5 now. I'm not sure.

Ironically, Ive looked at those pictures more than a handful of times and never once noticed that. I think that makes me safe.

You're either insanely rich or you need gambling addiction counseling imo.

I'm calling BS. Nobody that had actually lost that much money on something like Tennessee basketball would actually admit it.

I lost $400 betting UT would be the spread against Vandy last year...

Then I lost about $100 on my bar tab trying to forget about it.

I posted this in another thread but I had an ex who is a huge KY fan (she's transferring to KY in the fall even). She would constantly bet me in basketball, and even occasionally in football. We would often times bet things that would be rated R, but my favorite of them all was just a year ago when she bet me that KY would beat TN two years in a row in football.

She lost, so she had to wear this for every football game the next season. (She's 20 now, 19 in the pics, and I do indeed have her permission because she "lost the bet")

Meow that's sexy

1993 vs Louisville we were 14 pt favs. i bet 2k on that game and won. i usually bet 10-20 bucks a game but went nuts that game for some reason. my other insane bet was a Spurs playoff game in the late 90's i think , when they had both Duncan and The Admiral i took them moneyline -800 for 2k also but lost that. think those are the only two times ive ever bet over 300 or so on anything. its rare i bet over 50.

It's a shame I didn't start betting on UT football once I knew once and for all what a god-awful coach Dooley was. There was no surer bet over the past few years than going with opponents to cover against us.

Dooley was 15-19-2 vs the spread over the 3 years. not good, but not terrible either and nowhere near a "sure bet".

Last yer I bet my gator friend . If vols won he would have to put a big power t on his truck for a month. And if gators won I had to put "I bleed orange and blue on mine. Now I only I have I bleed orange on my truck. Just scratched off the blue. Got a vols sticker now thanks to a gator fan. Win win lol

In late 90s in our bowl game with Ohio State, I had a straight bet with my boss. They had Heisman Eddie George running behind Lombardi/Outland Orlando Pace, but we had Peyton and Jay Graham and we beat em. Boss never did pay up.

Bet my Florida friend that UT was going to win the game Hunter went down. Bet was you have to wear the t-shirt of the opposite team if you lost the bet. The picture was also going to be posted on social media. Not one of my finer moments at all.

I also bet my friend 20 bucks DaRick was going to be a 1st round pick last year. Lost that one too. Smh

I made a bet with a VT fan at work at the chicfila bowl in 09. I ended up wearing a pink 2 piece prom dress holding a sign that he made that said "tn sucks" waving at traffic. It was 20 degrees. I ended up making it in the 2nd page of the local newspaper. That clipping is still on the fridge of most my family.

Meow that's sexy

I'd show more, but she might get mad, she approved any and all pictures to show to anyone for the bet. After that she was never specific. for a KY fan she wasn't half bad (and she was a redhead.)

and I won't even mention what would've happened had I lost...

I made a bet with a VT fan at work at the chicfila bowl in 09. I ended up wearing a pink 2 piece prom dress holding a sign that he made that said "tn sucks" waving at traffic. It was 20 degrees. I ended up making it in the 2nd page of the local newspaper. That clipping is still on the fridge of most my family.

Lmao, you need to post that on here!

What are they? Probably been a dozen threads about this, but who cares, it's the offseason. I bet at least one or two of you have worn a Tide jersey.:yuck:

I know A Vol fan thats lost every bet he's made in the last 5 years. Being A true fan can cloud your judgement. I never bet on my team.

VN Store

Back