Crime and the United States

Overall numbers of crime in NYC are the highest they have been since 2006. Some of those, violent assaults, are the highest they have been dating back to 2000. Some of the categories (i.e. murder) are in fact lower, than in the past. To say crime is down, is not a great blanket statement.

Last edited:
Crime is down in NYC whether you go through the FBI or not

I don't know the answer, and I'm not asking this question to be difficult but I'm curious. When times are bad crime usually goes up. Times are rough for a lot of people.

With that said it's it possible people are just reporting less crime? Is the stop snitching sub culture manifesting in mainstream culture now as well?

It's worth considering and could explain the drop in crime most would agree is surprising given the current economy factoring inflation.

its the same fear expressed when Trump is in control. he is going to manipulate and control all those same cops.

guy who thinks the problem is completely one sided, and not his own, is surprisingly common.
You’ve never seen me respond to crime numbers being down by “expressing fear” that they’re being manipulated, so this seems like a weird strawman

You’ve never seen me respond to crime numbers being down by “expressing fear” that they’re being manipulated, so this seems like a weird strawman
its not if you are worried about if they have been manipulated one direction or the other. just if you have ever expressed worry about those in charge (Trump) manipulating numbers to make himself look better.

if you have, its pretty easy to see the connection.

Reactions: whodeycin85
Missouri death row inmate Marcellus Williams was executed Tuesday night following a lengthy court battle, during which even prosecutors expressed doubts about his case.

The 55-year-old was injected with a fatal dose of pentobarbital at the Eastern Reception, Diagnostic and Correctional Center in Bonne Terre just after 6pm, and was pronounced dead by 6.10, Fox 2 reports.

Williams had earlier received a final meal of chicken wings and tater tots, and released an eight-word final statement: 'All Praise Be To Allah In Every Situation!!!'

View attachment 680566

He had been on death row since he was convicted in 2001 of murdering Felicia 'Lisha' Gayle, a newspaper reporter who was found stabbed to death in her home in 1998.

View attachment 680567
Williams was convicted in 2001 of murdering Felicia 'Lisha' Gayle, a newspaper reporter who was found stabbed to death in her home in 1998

Prosecutors at Williams' original trial in 2001 argued that Williams broke into Gayle's home on August 11, 1998, heard water running in the shower and grabbed a butcher knife.

When she came downstairs, they claimed Williams stabbed Gayle 43 times, left the knife in her throat and made off with her purse and her husband's laptop.

Looking forward to reading about Lemarcus Davidson's last meal. Hard to believe that elephant excrement is still taking in oxygen.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNVOLNAVY
I really hope that isn't a thought that perpetually occupies your mind.
No, it doesn't. As a matter of fact I wrote the wrong guy. EB got life with the possibility. It was Davidson who was the ringleader. I don't know why, but I think because of the brutal manner in the way they killed those young people that bothers me so much. I think I actually cried when I read the story for the first time. I couldn't fathom that anyone could be so vile and mean that they could do that to another human being. I will raise a glass when I learn he's dead. Certainly not a Christian attitude I admit.

No, it doesn't. As a matter of fact I wrote the wrong guy. EB got life with the possibility. It was Davidson who was the ringleader. I don't know why, but I think because of the brutal manner in the way they killed those young people that bothers me so much. I think I actually cried when I read the story for the first time. I couldn't fathom that anyone could be so vile and mean that they could do that to another human being. I will raise a glass when I learn he's dead. Certainly not a Christian attitude I admit.
Maybe more unhealthy than unchristian to dwell on such matters

Insulting final words of Texas death row inmate Travis Mullis before he was Executed for Molesting and Murdering His Own Baby​

A Texas man who admitted to stomping and strangling his own baby after he molested the three-month-old called his execution by lethal injection 'assisted suicide' in his final words.

Travis Mullis, 38, spoke his last words while strapped to a gurney in the death chamber in Huntsville, Texas, on Tuesday night.

After waiving his legal right to appeal his execution for the 2008 killing of his baby, Mullis said he 'took the legal steps to expedite to include assisted suicide.'

Mullis brutalized his own son, Alijiah, after trying to rape another child on Jan. 29, 2008, according to KPRC.

1727311678379.png
Travis Mullis, 38, pictured above in the most recent image available of him through the Texas Department of Criminal Justice

1727311742164.png
Alijah James Mullis seen here in a photo shared by his family on Facebook

Houston cop learns his fate for Shooting Dead Couple In 'no knock' raid​

A Texas cop has been convicted for killing a couple during a controversial 'no-knock' drug raid.

Gerald Goines was found guilty of two counts of murder in the January 2019 deaths of Dennis Tuttle, 59, and his wife Rhogena Nicholas, 58.

The couple, along with their dog, were fatally shot after officers burst into their home using a 'no-knock' warrant that didn't require them to announce themselves before entering.

Goines lied to obtain the raid warrant by claiming a confidential informant had bought heroin from the couple's Houston home before later changing his story.

The probe into the drug raid also uncovered allegations of systemic corruption, with a dozen officers tied to the narcotics squad that carried out the raid later indicted on other charges.

1727316704049.png
Texas cop Gerald Goines has been convicted for killing a couple during a controversial 'no-knock' drug raid

During the raid, US Navy veteran Tuttle exchanged gunfire with the raiding police, who fatally shot him and his wife, and also killed their pet pit bull.

Goines later said there was no informant and he had bought the drugs himself. Police found small amounts of marijuana and cocaine in the house, but no heroin.

Goines, once a respected Houston officer, has been accused of making bogus drugs arrests after investigators looked into the deadly 2019 incident.

1727316866436.png
Goines was found guilty of two counts of murder in the January 2019 deaths of Dennis Tuttle, 59, and his wife Rhogena Nicholas, 58

Goines faces up to life in prison. The same jury that convicted him will also decide his sentence after hearing additional testimony and evidence during the trial´s punishment phase, which is set to begin Thursday.

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321
its not if you are worried about if they have been manipulated one direction or the other. just if you have ever expressed worry about those in charge (Trump) manipulating numbers to make himself look better.

if you have, its pretty easy to see the connection.
I’ve never expressed worry about Trump “manipulating” crime numbers so this was a strange tangent

@NashVol11
Do you think NYC turning Larceny under 1000 into the lower prosecutable charge of larceny, has any effect on the crime stats??? Consider murders down because you can basically walk out with 900 dollars and nothing will happen

VN Store

Back