"Cringe-Worthy" Presser with ALREADY FIRED Iowa OC

Their season has been like the twilight zone. I mean dad has to fire son but be like hey you're fired but still show up for work. The funny thing is without the injuries they likely accomplish their drive to 325. I think he got a raw but im not an Iowa fan. I mena bro got fired in OCTOBER... hes still getting paid but damn...

That whole situation was strange. Brian was not allowed to report to Kirk due to Iowa's nepotism policy. Brian was supervised by the AD. The AD fired him, but let him hang around. I can think of many sons of coaches that worked for their fathers, but other than the Bowden boys or Shane Beamer, I have a hard time thinking of any that had real success.

FIRED in October OC Brian Ferentz son of HC Kirk Ferentz (who'll be NEXT out the door after Nico hangs FIDDY!)​

Brian is a good position football coach. He's just not a good coordinator in so many regards.

He'll land on his feet, most certainly in the NFL as a position coach very quickly. Those family ties run deep.

He played at Iowa as center, almost lost his lower leg to a staph infection and came back to finish his senior year. He went on to coach under Belichick and rose to TEs coach (Gronk & Hernandez). Went to Iowa to coach OL and (unfortunately) was elevated to OC way too soon.

There is plenty of blame to go around on this. Kirk, Brian and the AD all have fault. He was fine early with established talent and playbook, but regressed fairly quickly and overstayed his visit. Which is tough given his playing history and loyalty to the program.

Iowa is loyal to a fault, and this is one of the few times that we've seen such a tough response to that loyalty.

Regarding CFB: The south is quick with the trigger. The north preaches patience. Neither is wrong, but each can be costly.

Peace.

I think their fanbase is satisfied with Ferentz. He gets 8 wins every year, sometimes more. They don't score a lot of points every year , but his name is never mentioned as being on the hot seat.
Their Head coach is fine. They need to find an OC or get blessed with a miracle QB from nowhere. They consistently recruit and develop good linemen. TE is not even a question in recruiting. Defense they can sell kids. Also they will be like a punters dream destination for a good while.

Funny story their punter and ours are best friends from high school in Australia.

Tennesse had one of those coaches that we held onto too long, too...

Then brought him back as AD and he oversaw what could have been the death knell of the UT Football Program...

Good luck with Kirk moving forward...the game of College Football has LONG passed him by!

Then brought him back as AD and he oversaw what could have been the death knell of the UT Football Program...

Good luck with Kirk moving forward...the game of College Football has LONG passed him by!
I understand your sentiment.

Disagree with you on the game having passed Kirk by.

In the last 5 years he has consistently fielded a top 5 defense as well as a top 5 special teams unit.

Just needs to get past the love of his son and bring in a solid OC that compliments his style of football.

Either Paul Chryst or Joe Philbin.

You put a fairly decent offense on the field with the other two phases at Iowa and they would be very dangerous.

I understand your sentiment.

Disagree with you on the game having passed Kirk by.

In the last 5 years he has consistently fielded a top 5 defense as well as a top 5 special teams unit.

Just needs to get past the love of his son and bring in a solid OC that compliments his style of football.

Either Paul Chryst or Joe Philbin.

You put a fairly decent offense on the field with the other two phases at Iowa and they would be very dangerous.
I’ve tried talking and educating these guys about KF and the program, because I figured they would be biased and uninformed like most SEC fans. A lot of them know this will be a tough game, but a good portion of the fans here view us as another Vanderbilt or UConn on their schedule

Their head coach is fine and honestly, the OC (his son) is fine also. We had head coaching issues.

Reactions: Dansky

PS. Our dork AD (Gary Barta) really put the screws to the program and bent to Kirk at every turn. Now he's gone, and we have a new sheriff in town. Thank God.

I’ve tried talking and educating these guys about KF and the program, because I figured they would be biased and uninformed like most SEC fans. A lot of them know this will be a tough game, but a good portion of the fans here view us as another Vanderbilt or UConn on their schedule

You’re the one who said your running backs were better than ours when they average less than 4 yards a carry and ours average 5.5. Who’s the uneducated one, again?

You are not on any level Vandy and most certainly not Uconn. The issue is because of injuries your offense is an offense to the word offense. The Vandy thing almost makes sense because they often have a decent defense and lack of talent at offense. Right now a healthy Iowa is a good football team. Healthy the drive to 325 would have been easily achieved. They are comparing your team to a healthy Vandy....or if UConn had their best game ever. take it as a compliment. But bro admit it your offense is historically BAD as it stands. To the point it takes away from the rest of the team. How many teams have fired their OC in the middle of a 10-win season? Ever.

Kirk isn’t going anywhere soon unless he wants to go. Would take at least a couple losing seasons for them to push him out.

Their head coach is fine and honestly, the OC (his son) is fine also. We had head coaching issues.
their OC is horrible and is a spoiled brat who wouldn’t sniff a p5 OC job if not for Daddy, who has gotten to put his son over the best interest of the team for years. . He is a great O line coach, however, and could coach that position almost anywhere. Iowa could have done some serious damage recently, with even a semi-potent offense. Now, the window has closed due to conference expansion. I doubt the offense gets much better because it’s going to be how Kirk wants it to be, and if he had his way, he’d keep things as they are.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrewHawk
That whole situation was strange. Brian was not allowed to report to Kirk due to Iowa's nepotism policy. Brian was supervised by the AD. The AD fired him, but let him hang around. I can think of many sons of coaches that worked for their fathers, but other than the Bowden boys or Shane Beamer, I have a hard time thinking of any that had real success.
Derek Dooley 🤣

What is Iowa’s record this season?

their OC is horrible and is a spoiled brat who wouldn’t sniff a p5 OC job if not for Daddy, who has gotten to put his son over the best interest of the team for years. . He is a great O line coach, however, and could coach that position almost anywhere. Iowa could have done some serious damage recently, with even a semi-potent offense. Now, the window has closed due to conference expansion. I doubt the offense gets much better because it’s going to be how Kirk wants it to be, and if he had his way, he’d keep things as they are.
Okay, you are the most informed Vols fan I’ve found when it comes to Iowa football.

Respect

Reactions: OrangeInKy

VN Store

Back