"Cringe-Worthy" Presser with ALREADY FIRED Iowa OC

That whole situation was strange. Brian was not allowed to report to Kirk due to Iowa's nepotism policy. Brian was supervised by the AD. The AD fired him, but let him hang around. I can think of many sons of coaches that worked for their fathers, but other than the Bowden boys or Shane Beamer, I have a hard time thinking of any that had real success.
Dooley?

I did not find this "cringe worthy". Coach and player at a presser talking about their team.
What I pictured while I read this...

Harold-Kumar-Go-to-White-Castle-Extended-Deleted-Scenes-harold-and-kumar-14730910-853-480.jpg

I’ve tried talking and educating these guys about KF and the program, because I figured they would be biased and uninformed like most SEC fans. A lot of them know this will be a tough game, but a good portion of the fans here view us as another Vanderbilt or UConn on their schedule
Who is comparing Iowa to UConn or Vandy?

I think their fanbase is satisfied with Ferentz. He gets 8 wins every year, sometimes more. They don't score a lot of points every year , but his name is never mentioned as being on the hot seat.
There are quite a few power guys who want the dude gone, but he never has a Fulmer-esque type of meltdown season that gives them the ammo to get rid of him.

I think their fanbase is satisfied with Ferentz. He gets 8 wins every year, sometimes more. They don't score a lot of points every year , but his name is never mentioned as being on the hot seat.
There are quite a few power guys who want the dude gone, but he never has a Fulmer-esque type of meltdown season that gives them the ammo to get rid of him.

Sorry for the double posts. Was somewhere where my phone signal was iffy.

UT beat UVA, UTSA, UConn, USC, Vandy, UK, Texas A&M and APSU. Can’t really question anyone else’s schedule
That’s our wins, not our full schedule though. We go 10-3 with Iowa’s schedule too, do they go 8-4 with ours? They can only score 15 on average D’s, I doubt they put up more than 13 on AM to win that game, they wouldn’t have given up 27 to UK but I’m not sure they score enough on them even holding them to say 17 or less. They limit Mizzou to significantly less than 36 but doubt they score much more than the 7 we did on Mizzou.

We didn’t beat anyone either, my man
I hate posts like the one Im about to post, but I hate posts like yours more. It's funny after helping them by taking up for them they didn't even thank you with a like. 😂

We didn't beat any of the bigger ones we really need to to be the powerhouse alot of us want to think we are, but lol at them.

Pinky mocked the toughness of our weaker opponents by listing the ones we beat, and even called it a gauntlet. Then in a later post he, or she, went on to say that we played Alabama, Georgia, Missouri and Florida and got demolished. Those 4 were a part of our "gauntlet" too. And have been every year for a long time.

I know it doesn't matter, but they really don't have much to be bragging about either and I'd like to see what they're record would have been going through our gauntlet. At least we scored on the ones we got demolished by. That's the part of my post I hated posting.

Go Vols.

I hate posts like the one Im about to post, but I hate posts like yours more. It's funny after helping them by taking up for them they didn't even thank you with a like. 😂

We didn't beat any of the bigger ones we really need to to be the powerhouse alot of us want to think we are, but lol at them.

Pinky mocked the toughness of our weaker opponents by listing the ones we beat, and even called it a gauntlet. Then in a later post he, or she, went on to say that we played Alabama, Georgia, Missouri and Florida and got demolished. Those 4 were a part of our "gauntlet" too. And have been every year for a long time.

I know it doesn't matter, but they really don't have much to be bragging about either and I'd like to see what they're record would have been going through our gauntlet. At least we scored on the ones we got demolished by. That's the part of my post I hated posting.

Go Vols.
Yeah, I didn’t even respond to his, but I’m sorry you hate the reality that we didn’t beat anyone of significance. I’m not taking up for anyone. I’m stating the truth, that UT didn’t beat anyone and lost to a bad Florida team while not being competitive with the 3 good teams they played. Iowa’s offense is the worst in the country and they weren’t competitive with the two great teams they played because of it. Both teams didn’t beat anyone of significance, while IT lost to more good teams and scored a little more against them. Is that the flex you’re looking for? If so, go wild, playa. Our schedule was tougher than theirs, but I’m not really into bragging about losing to more good teams than another team. Yay. Both teams haven’t beaten anyone. That’s the reality. I’m sorry that you hate facts that don’t fit your view or narrative. I’m truly sorry. I didn’t do it. I didn’t make Tennessee get demolished by Mizzou, UGA, Bama, and Florida . I didn’t make them barely beat below average A&M and Kentucky teams . I didn’t make them struggle with Austin Peay for 3 quarters. I didn’t make Virginia be horrific. It’s not my fault.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dansky
Tennesse had one of those coaches that we held onto too long, too...

Then brought him back as AD and he oversaw what could have been the death knell of the UT Football Program...

Good luck with Kirk moving forward...the game of College Football has LONG passed him by!
We didn't hold on to Fulmer too long. If anything, it was knee-jerk reaction without a plan. You wait another year and have a plan for a replacement. Or maybe don't insult the guy who could've been a great replacement.

This game has too many unknowns for anyone to predict the outcome. Most people seem to think Iowa’s defense is highly overrated and use PSU’s terrible showing against Mississippi as a basis. UT has first time starters all around. We really need Nico to be Hendon Hooker tomorrow for it to be a blowout.

I expect to see lots of penalties due to our inexperience tomorrow. We had too many penalties with our regular starters all season is why I don’t expect great things from our makeshift rotation. I pray for solid tackling by our secondary also.

Vols can win, but no one should expect anything.

Yeah, I didn’t even respond to his, but I’m sorry you hate the reality that we didn’t beat anyone of significance. I’m not taking up for anyone. I’m stating the truth, that UT didn’t beat anyone and lost to a bad Florida team while not being competitive with the 3 good teams they played. Iowa’s offense is the worst in the country and they weren’t competitive with the two great teams they played because of it. Both teams didn’t beat anyone of significance, while IT lost to more good teams and scored a little more against them. Is that the flex you’re looking for? If so, go wild, playa. Our schedule was tougher than theirs, but I’m not really into bragging about losing to more good teams than another team. Yay. Both teams haven’t beaten anyone. That’s the reality. I’m sorry that you hate facts that don’t fit your view or narrative. I’m truly sorry. I didn’t do it. I didn’t make Tennessee get demolished by Mizzou, UGA, Bama, and Florida . I didn’t make them barely beat below average A&M and Kentucky teams . I didn’t make them struggle with Austin Peay for 3 quarters. I didn’t make Virginia be horrific. It’s not my fault.
Well I'm glad we got that straightened out.

I’ve tried talking and educating these guys about KF and the program, because I figured they would be biased and uninformed like most SEC fans. A lot of them know this will be a tough game, but a good portion of the fans here view us as another Vanderbilt or UConn on their schedule
Dude no one thinks your UConn or Vandy. Get real. Iowa usually is a decent team. This year your offense is dog crap. You’re the moron in here talking about how potent every offensive position is for you. You have zero clue for most of the year Tennessee was a top ten running team and have done it against some of the best run defenses in the country.

VN Store

Back