Crompton Chances Of Starting

vols2345

Volnation's resident sunshine pumper
so does he have a chance? if he is as good as everyone says he is we wont have to worry about brent transfering, we will have to worry about ainge transfering. i would start ainge because of experince but listening to fulmer today if crompton has a good preseason i jst have one of those feelings.............

I just can't imagine him being the starter without RS.....I'm thinking that may be stupid, but then again, that's probably why I'm not the coach.

I'd say, about as good as yours. . . .despite your post number rating "status." As for Crompton, experience also counts.

Last showed that it is anybody's job. Crompton will have a shot, but I would put Ainge as the front runner with Clausen 2nd. Schaeffer is gonna have to show me he can settle down a little bit more.

well i guess we can just count down to the orange white game then.

Damn....post count.....I thought 100 was alot for a week and a half....you have 1800 in three !!!!! Did you start up your own topic and post one letter at a time???

:thumbsup:

example :

really

ulysses

and

slick.... :rocks:

i posted alot of vols picture on the topic, around 700

Ainge beat Georgia,Alabama, and Florida as a freshman. A FRESHMAN!!!
Those are Fulmer's worst enemies. Why wouldn't he start???

What did anybody expect Fulmer to say?

"No, I've tricked Crompton into coming here by dangling the prospect of playing time in front of him . . . but there's no chance in hell that he'll set one foot on the field for at least 2 years."

Originally posted by GAVol@Feb 2, 2005 7:50 PM
What did anybody expect Fulmer to say?

"No, I've tricked Crompton into coming here by dangling the prospect of playing time in front of him . . . but there's no chance in hell that he'll set one foot on the field for at least 2 years."

:lolup: smartass

For the 800th time, Crompton won't start next year!

you never know if will start or not. with academic problems and how stupid some of our players have been acting the last year, crompton might have to start.

Originally posted by vols2345@Feb 2, 2005 8:19 PM
you never know if will start or not. with academic problems and how stupid some of our players have been acting the last year, crompton might have to start.

Ainge is very bright and won't have academic problems. Please!

Ainge will start this year...We've done had this discussion...Why wouldn't the man start? He beat UGA....He beat Florida on a last minute drive off of a 4th down and I believe it was about 15 yards to set up the game winning field goal....Why shouldn't Ainge start? And besides that, Crompton will have to be AWESOME and beat the pants off Ainge to beat him...But hey, if Cromton is the man for the job let him play

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Feb 2, 2005 8:16 PM
For the 800th time, Crompton won't start next year!

I think we can put the "Will Crompton start?" thread in the dead horse category along with "Will Schaeffer transfer?", "Fire Randy Sanders", "Casey Clausen sucks", "Ainge or Schaeffer", various "Fulmer can't coach" threads, "Fire Buzz Peterson" and "ESPN hates us". :D

Did I miss any?

but crompton should start. man he is good. if anyone ever saw him play in a real game then you would understand what im saying.

Let's forget about skills for a second.

What do we do with Ainge? We have an obviously skilled player just going by the wayside to go with some hot freshman. That's about the most irresponsible thing I can think of to do in this situation. Even if Crompton turns out more skilled than Erik, starting him would be a bad idea for the well-being of the program, as we'd have just wasted a scholarship on a player with huge potential.

but crompton should start. man he is good. if anyone ever saw him play in a real game then you would understand what im saying.

that was high school though. college is way faster. ainge should start. but clausen stil has a better shot of beating out ainge than crompton does. experience counts. crompton will be good in the future. but u can't rush into things.

but if experince really counted then ainge would have never started last year would have he?

Who had experience last year? Leak had played a little at Wake Forest and Clausen may have taken some snaps at LSU, but none of our QBs had taken any meaningful snaps.

exactly. last years freshman (ainge and schaffer) had to compete with leak and clausen. this year crompton (the freshman) has to compete with clausen, ainge, and schaffer is he decides to stay. theres a big difference.

VN Store

Back