Crompton Chances Of Starting

Crompton will not start next season. I would say there is no chance at all. I mean Ainge is going to develop this off-season into probably one of the best in the country.

I'll take Chris Rix over a true freshman trying to play in the SEC.

Ainge was already a pretty good QB. Second best passer rating of any freshman in D-IA, for whatever that's worth.

LOL......Crompton isn't gonna start. Erik Ainge was as good, if not better than Manning when he was a freshman. He has all the tools to be a very good QB and already has a year in the offense. I don't see how anyone could even think that Crompton might start over Ainge for any reason other than injury or some other unseen problem. I expect Crompton to RS and take over for Ainge when he leaves. I have no doubt that Crompton is very talented, but Ainge has some talent as well.

I guess I'm just old school in that I don't think you should ever let a freshman play QB, O-line, or Safety.

Some talent? Ainge may very well be better than Crompton, and I'll give you two reasons why:

1. Oregon is generally very overlooked as far as recruiting, and you have to realize that Ainge played in the most difficult league in the Pacific Northwest, only outside of the Seattle 5A area. This league includes Jesuit High School, which is an absolutely prolific athletics school, one of the top two in Oregon and probably one of the best on the west coast.

2. Does anybody realize how many awesome quarterbacks there were in the class of 2004? It was intesne. Ainge could have very well gotten overlooked with low rankings, but I think the more he played, the more he proved himself.

Originally posted by milohimself@Feb 2, 2005 10:22 PM
Oregon is generally very overlooked as far as recruiting

Now there's something you just don't hear everyday in SEC-land.

:thumbsup:

Erik Ainge will be the starter next year..I believe JC will redshirt and learn from Ainge and Clausen..Which if you ask me is pretty good company. Ainge proved he was a leader when he came in the Florida came and took them on to win. Also Clausen, proved he could step it up in the big game (Texas A&M). I think Ainge will start, Clausen back up, Brent 3rd, Crompton RS.

Originally posted by Volsguy12@Feb 2, 2005 10:41 PM
I think Ainge will start, Clausen back up, Brent 3rd, Crompton RS.

...and Jim Bob will be holding the clipboard and signalling in the plays baby!

AWW GEEZ there Edith!!! Not the Crompton question again. For the sake of our season next year, please let Crompton learn the system, learn to read defenses and get use to the speed of the game. JC WILL BE awesome in a couple of years. We need experience on the field next year and the following year. Don't rush it please!!!

Originally posted by GAVol+Feb 2, 2005 10:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GAVol @ Feb 2, 2005 10:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Volsguy12@Feb 2, 2005 10:41 PM
I think Ainge will start, Clausen back up, Brent 3rd, Crompton RS.

...and Jim Bob will be holding the clipboard and signalling in the plays baby&#33; [/quote]
hahahahha :lol: Man i really hope we kill someone this year and get Jim bob in there..That&#39;d be so awesome.

I agree. Maybe if we do like they did in the movie Rudy and chant his name over and over again CPF will put him in for a couple of plays.

True. For all of the crap that is spewed forth of Notre Dame, Rudy was a pretty damned good movie.

Originally posted by vols2345@Feb 2, 2005 9:24 PM
or he could be just like chris rix.

:bad: Not cool man.....that post was total :bs: What makes you think he&#39;s going to be like Chris Rix...In case you didn&#39;t notice...Chris Rix CHOKES when it comes down to the nitty gritty...like it or not Ainge is in a way like Clausen...Ice water runs through his veins...He hardly ever melts under pressure

Two perfecct examples of Chris Rix choking: FSU v/s Miami & FSU v/s Florida(even though he didn&#39;t play much, he still had his shot)

What if they made a movie about Jim bob&#33;&#33; Just like Rudy...except..Cooter..

(alright im done with cooter)

I think they&#39;ve already made that movie . . . but you have to be at least 18 to rent it.

Originally posted by vols2345@Feb 2, 2005 7:29 PM
so does he have a chance? if he is as good as everyone says he is we wont have to worry about brent transfering, we will have to worry about ainge transfering. i would start ainge because of experince but listening to fulmer today if crompton has a good preseason i jst have one of those feelings.............

Are you nuts, Fulmer will start the best QB for the job. If Rick Clausen is the best for our offense he will start. Wait until they play as a team. The QB slot is the least of our worries.

Ok I gotta jump in on this one :beer: :beer: ........now for the last time if anyone here thinks Crompton is gonna start then you need to just take a chill pill cause he isn&#39;t gonna start......IF.....he is smart he will Red-Shirt to get more time at UT.....now with that being said.....Peyton stayed until his Senoir year at UT.....Tee Martin stayed until his Senior year......and Casey stayed until his Senior year.....SO....Ainge and Schaeffer are Sophmores and Clausen is a SENIOR.....so if the trend stays that has been at UT for the past 10 years then Crompton should Red-Shirt.....learn the offense then dominate the SEC......so for the last time......if your gonna start Crompton over Ainge, Clausen, and Schaeffer.....then why did we even get Ainge and Schaeffer in the first place if we even fathomed we were gonna get Crompton......ok now.......I want the offense in the hands of the most capable QB.....but Crompton doesn&#39;t know the SEC.....and we have 3 QB&#39;s that all have experience in the SEC.....PLUS we have to go AT Florida.....AT LSU in back to back weeks.....and we have to goto Alabama and NOTRE DAME&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Now if you had 4 QB&#39;s like Fulmer does and you had to go play those games.....who you gonna start.....someone with experience like the three that are there now.....or someone outta HS with four stars beside his name.....now before you go bashing me.....I KNOW we started Freshmen last year....but its not every year you get two like Ainge and Schaeffer.....now that we got them there lets not treat them like Leak and Clausen...... :rocks: :rocks: :beer: :beer:

Originally posted by g8terh8ter_eric@Feb 2, 2005 11:30 PM
Now if you had 4 QB&#39;s like Fulmer does and you had to go play those games.....who you gonna start.

If Phil, made the right call last year, why does anyone think he&#39;s not capable of making the right call this year? Get a grip people&#33;&#33;&#33; We have more talent that we know what to do with. The true test is can they play as a team.

VN Store

Back