Cyberpunk 2077

I agree. As a console player myself, I think they should of just released it on PC first. And then honestly said "sorry, but the game just isn't feesible on a PS4 and Xbox One. PS5/Series X only.". Would of pissed people off, but dignity would of stayed in tact I believe. Lol
Yeah. I think you saw them trying to please everyone with this. Throw Stadia in there too. That release was supposed to be in the new year for a while. But they bumped it.

I think there was a pretty big gap between the development side and the media/admin on this game.

The various release dates, platform specifics, working hours/crunch time issues. And then delivery. Pretty sloppy.

I love the game. Already planning my second playthrough.

I think the bugs plus having to "get good" rubs people the wrong way after the hype.

Beat the game last night. The end bit was strange, going to go back and see how it changes with different choices. Save scumming ho!

ghost-of-tsushima-updates.original.jpg

This is the biggest disaster in video game history. CDPR is garbage

Their mistake was releasing it on last-gen hardware. They thought they could pull a Rockstar with GTA V, which was 100% a PS4/Xbox One caliber game but they somehow made it work on hardware from 2005. But CDPR doesn't have that level of technical wizardry.

Not even I expected this to happen with this game. Areas they went wrong:

1) Too much hype.
2) Released it for old gen.

So glad I haven't bought it yet. Right now it's worth about $10 to me.
People did the overhype to themselves. People acting like a video game was going to change their lives forever. When you put that much stock into a piece of software you are 100% guaranteed to be disappointed.

People did the overhype to themselves. People acting like a video game was going to change their lives forever. When you put that much stock into a piece of software you are 100% guaranteed to be disappointed.
Yup. I have to say I was in no way shape or form disappointed. Could there be fewer glitches sure. But I feel like they delivered a darn good game.

Caveat being I am running a good rig I bought with this game in mind.

Has anyone seen the videos comparing the physics to gta v in side by side shots? I haven’t played 2077 yet, but it looks really bad in that department. No water movement when shooting into it or throwing grenades, damage to stuff is super wonky, jumping off or out of a moving vehicle results in instantly stopping in place.

Yeah. I think you saw them trying to please everyone with this. Throw Stadia in there too. That release was supposed to be in the new year for a while. But they bumped it.

I think there was a pretty big gap between the development side and the media/admin on this game.

The various release dates, platform specifics, working hours/crunch time issues. And then delivery. Pretty sloppy.

I love the game. Already planning my second playthrough.

I think the bugs plus having to "get good" rubs people the wrong way after the hype.

My biggest issue so far is the treadless tires and handling on this damn car. I should be losing street cred by the block with how stupid I look driving through Night City.

Has anyone seen the videos comparing the physics to gta v in side by side shots? I haven’t played 2077 yet, but it looks really bad in that department. No water movement when shooting into it or throwing grenades, damage to stuff is super wonky, jumping off or out of a moving vehicle results in instantly stopping in place.
on what set up? my PC rig has shock waves. damage works ok for an open world game.

i didn't even know you could jump out of a moving car. so I got nothing for that.

My biggest issue so far is the treadless tires and handling on this damn car. I should be losing street cred by the block with how stupid I look driving through Night City.
I hear you on that. a lot of the cheap cars handle like absolute garbage. not sure if it was the cars or just my comfort but I am usually not embarrassing myself now. brakes are the biggest issue for me.

will definitely get some bugs where my car will go from 0 to 60 and turn like 90 despite going forward on a straight road. stuff like that usually kills a pedestrian which is annoying.

Reactions: Rifleman
Probably not worth it. Sounds like most people have pretty serious issues with it on the consoles. Especially the old gen.

Saw an article today that said the latest 1.05 patch that just landed should help with performance on the Xbone X and PS4 Pro. We shall see, I guess.

Can confirm. Emphatically actually.
The combat was so jarring. I had played GOT for weeks leading up to Valhalla. The first time I used the combat in AC I was immediately disappointed lol. The lack of bugs and clipping, the way the cut scenes play out are all much better in GOT.

Took a week break over the holidays and such. Was excited to return to it just to find out I have a game breaking bug. Anytime I try to make a call in the game, the NOC either doesn't answer or V says "gotta go" or something along those lines and hangs up. So this basically makes it impossible to progress in many quests. Well RIP. Gonna go play games in the back log until this one is sorted out. Not starting a new game atm just to risk it breaking as well.

VN Store

Back