Daily Baseball 2013

Just a matter of time for all soft tossing lefties sans Tommy glavine

True, and knew it was coming at some point. Though I don't think he is as bad as his second half stats would indicate. While part of his problem is attributed to the inevitable regression that comes with his abnormally low BABIP, I think part of it is also that there just does not appear to be much left in his arm anymore. These last handful of outings his velo has been down and he has had nowhere near the same movement on his pitches

Source: LHP Wandy Rodriguez's meeting with Dr. Andrews went so well that rehab assignment could be "coming soon."

Really surprised by this from the Pittsburgh Post Gazzette. Had pretty much counted him out for the remainder of this season

Will be back up on Tuesday and starting next week. Had to make room for Buck and Byrd until the rosters expand September 1st. Sending him to AA let's him come up quicker than AAA since there season ends quicker than the required 10 days at AAA

Agree with that, and have said all year that he was bound to get hit hard with regression. He is better than he has been in the second half though and will hang around the majors for a good bit as a back end of the rotation starter a la Paul Maholm. Granted that isn't saying much

Still can't believe he got all the way through to you guys. Gonna be a great pick up

Yeah, I didn't even think that much of the news that an NL team had claimed him, because if I am in the Reds FO I would've paid the 50k to claim him just to block him from the pirates.

When did Tommy Hunter start pumping 98? I know you may gain a couple mph pitching out of the pen, but damn...

Here recently the Puig nut hugging really highlights my issue with sports media. They want to keep pushing what Puig did everyday and overlook what players like Hanley Ramirez are doing

Yikes...

@PeteAbe: Daniel Bard pitched in the GCL again today. Walked 5 of the 6 hitters he faced, threw two wild pitches, allowed 3 SBs.

Three minor leaguers suspended

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Two players in the Venezuelan Summer League and another minor leaguer in rookie ball have been suspended 50 games each for drug violations.

The three penalties were announced Thursday by the commissioner's office.

Philadelphia right-hander Gustavo Armas was suspended after testing positive for a metabolite of Nandrolone. Detroit shortstop Moises Bello was suspended after testing positive for a metabolite of Boldenone.

Chicago White Sox catcher Nicholas Parent was banned after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol. He is on the roster of Bristol in the Appalachian League.

There have been 44 suspensions this year under the minor league program.

VN Store

Back