Daily Baseball 2013

you have to be in the all star game to be picked, right? not being a dick, jw. seems like that rule changes sometimes.

also, unsurprisingly, i'd like to see Strasburg take ole Waino's spot.

edit: but would be fine seeing Homer Bailey or Shelby Miller in the game.

also, unsurprisingly, i'd like to see Strasburg take ole Waino's spot.

edit: but would be fine seeing Homer Bailey or Shelby Miller in the game.

Or Locke's spot, atp it does not appear the pirates are going to skip his Sunday start.

Assume Desmond will be in as well with Tulo not even having started his rehab yet.

Last edited:
Bochy is correct.

But Puig and all of you who refuse to allow him to mature and earn the comparisons to some of the all time greats will get your way. ESPN is in full on "Charles Woodson" hype machine mode for Puig.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I thought he had lost it when David Boston made him look silly on that one play. But yes he was their little sweetheart.

I thought he had lost it when David Boston made him look silly on that one play. But yes he was their little sweetheart.

I think Puig may become a great player and he definitely has a boat load of talent. But I hate what ESPN and others do to young players. How many times do we have to watch a young player come in and blow the thing up early to see him fall back to reality once teams learn how to pitch/hit him? Earlier this season Shelby Miller looked like a can't miss ASG hurler. But again, teams learned how he pitches and started hitting him.
It's not a hit in YP at all. I have disdain for the bs hype on young players before they have even played 40 games.

I'm down with folks, perhaps even casual or non-fans, being excited about baseball because of some random guy

Also, as soon as these young guys fall back to reality the ESPN's of the world are right there with the expose' on "what's wrong with ________" and start tearing them down.
These young guys deserve time to mature in the game.

I'm down with folks, perhaps even casual or non-fans, being excited about baseball because of some random guy

The Dear Lord knows that baseball needs more stars. Let them push Puig has much as possible. He will either sink or swim.

The Dear Lord knows that baseball needs more stars. Let them push Puig has much as possible. He will either sink or swim.

I don't have a problem with promoting baseball at all. But putting a guy in the ASG that doesn't deserve it yet is not good IMO.

I haven't ben watching MLB long - but I must say that Puig is the most exciting player I have ever seen. He is a machine! If he continues playing half as well as he is, I am definitely going to get a Puig authentic for next season!

Puig's micro slump is over - 2 hits, a run, two stolen bases and a diving clutch catch in the bottom of the eighth inning with the game tied 1-1, I will take that! :)

That ridiculous throw that Machado made was 146 feet according to sportscenter.

788427919.gif

Brooks Robinson and Machado.

VN Store

Back