Daily Baseball 2013

I don't have a problem with promoting baseball at all. But putting a guy in the ASG that doesn't deserve it yet is not good IMO.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

ASG is for the fans. if they want to see Puig, he deserves it. ASG should never be used as a criteria if a guy is "good enough."

now MLB screwed that up with the idea that the ASG means something, but in the end, it doesn't. let the fans see who they want. who cares?

ASG is for the fans. if they want to see Puig, he deserves it. ASG should never be used as a criteria if a guy is "good enough."

now MLB screwed that up with the idea that the ASG means something, but in the end, it doesn't. let the fans see who they want. who cares?

Why stop there then? If that's what it's all about then let the fans vote on every teams website for the roster, the lineup etc? I mean if that's all that matters?
Those of you who don't think the ASG matters to the players are way off. Are there a few players who don't care? Of course but the overwhelming majority ot matters a great deal to and it also goes into contracts, hall of fame voting and other awards.

Beef, 2 strikes on the "it goes into contracts" thinking. And I do believe in baseball.

thing i learned: the lineup for the all star game, a random exhibition game in June to join together the best talents in the sport, is the same as lineups for respective organizations over a 162+ game season.

"that's what it's all about" FOR THE ALL STAR GAME silly!

You're wrong if you think it doesn't go into contract negations.
And my point is if it's all about the fans then let them do more throughout the season? And the ASG sets home field for the WS.
My point is that the game matters a helluva lot to players.

SportsCenter (@SportsCenter)
HR Derby participants just announced:

NL: D. Wright, C. Gonzalez, B. Harper, M. Cuddyer

AL: R. Cano, C. Davis, P. Fielder, TBA tomorrow

Another solid outing for Locke 3 hits in 7 innings. Every start I keep expecting to see him fall apart but up to this point that hasn't happened

$43 for seat 2 rows behind Rays dugout. Parked literally beside the stadium for $15. People in TB don't know how good they got it.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back