Daily Baseball 2013

First SI cover since may 4, 1992

Damn SI cover jinx. I guess something was bound to happen eventually with the amount of innings that the bullpen has pitched this year, but wish it hadn't of happened to a guy that you just couldn't help but feel good for the type of season he was having. Hope it was just something minor, but did not look good at all.

[Youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e-9KoZuyOA[/Youtube]

Molina-homer-toss.gif

Gammons said the same exact since Cano is looking at something like 8/160.

And Pedrioia is a year younger. It's absurd to think the Yankees are going to sign him to an 8 year deal when he'll be 31 when the season ends. I can't imagine anyone else offering close to that considering the abject failures the Pujols and Hamilton contracts are looking right now.

And Pedrioia is a year younger. It's absurd to think the Yankees are going to sign him to an 8 year deal when he'll be 31 when the season ends. I can't imagine anyone else offering close to that considering the abject failures the Pujols and Hamilton contracts are looking right now.

Granted this is the same team that is a long shot for the playoffs at this point and looking to trade for someone making 19 million this year.

Cano can absolutely rake, and his batting profile is better than Hamilton's, but what do you when he's 36 and can't play 2B anymore? It's risky as hell.

Cano can absolutely rake, and his batting profile is better than Hamilton's, but what do you when he's 36 and can't play 2B anymore? It's risky as hell.

No doubt but I can't imagine anyone thinking Hamilton would be this awful this year. He like forgot how to hit immediately it seems.

No doubt but I can't imagine anyone thinking Hamilton would be this awful this year. He like forgot how to hit immediately it seems.

Bad breakup with Texas+signs his batting profile was worse+free swinger+age 31 player with injury problems and drug problems+trying to impress new team with huge expectations=disaster. I figured he would struggled mightily in the first year. Maybe not .223, but I didn't think .285/.354/.577 was even remotely possible.

Bad breakup with Texas+signs his batting profile was worse+free swinger+age 31 player with injury problems and drug problems+trying to impress new team with huge expectations=disaster. I figured he would struggled mightily in the first year. Maybe not .223, but I didn't think .285/.354/.577 was even remotely possible.

All good points plus he also was absolutely awful for the second half of last year as well.

Thank god Brandon Inge is finally gone.

Grilli sent to the DL and Vic Black on the way up after throwing 99 in the futures game last week.

VN Store

Back