DB Depth Chart

Didn’t see this before.

RCB Gibson
LCB McCoy
SS Jakob Thomas
FS Turrentine
STAR Carter

Charles and Slaughter will factor in a safety and star until Carter gets more settled in.

Transfer portal has been crucial for us!

3 starters are transfers. Only 2 HS recruits.

It’s funny that Boo will play against Chattanooga for his first start.
Boo Carter's HS film is some of the best I have seen from a DB UT has signed in years.

Boo Carter's HS film is some of the best I have seen from a DB UT has signed in years.
There’s actually about 6 guys that could perform at that STAR position, that we have in our current secondary imo.

For Carter to already be trusted so much so soon says a lot about his ability.

I said before his senior year even started that this was the best position for him, as well as returner.

Huge recruiting victory to get Boo, because of how many ways he impacts the game.

Thankfully there’s solid veterans to help carry the load there at STAR. Charles will crucial as a support.

How does that stack up at star? Someone said something like Thomas’ injury could end up working out for the team, because Boo Carter would be next up. I don’t ever like that being a public response even if it’s true. But it can be. Take Milton going down and Hooker getting the nod for example.

I don’t know much about Thomas, but we need depth in the form of experience back there, and it seems injuries have plagued us every year either at LB or DB.
I’m not on that train, could Boo or Charles end up solid for us? Absolutely. But, I definitely thinking losing Thomas hurts. I think he could have really turned the corner this season.

Yes you’re right, they were awesome. You realize this is a message board right? Sorry my opinion hurt your feelings more than our DBs play on the field has.
It's somewhere in between. Probably below average. It's silly to think it hurt my feelings. It's more like your feelings being hurt they weren't good, hence the need for the hyperbolic insult.

VN Store

Back