DC Studios

DC should just make a crisis on infinite earths movie to reboot what they see fit. Great comic book story and they can close out all these different storylines. Seems like a simple solution

DC should just make a crisis on infinite earths movie to reboot what they see fit. Great comic book story and they can close out all these different storylines. Seems like a simple solution

Agree it would allow them to replace actors and introduce new characters Green Lantern , Green Arrow a lot of the fringe 2nd string characters etc... like Robin, Nightwing, Supergirl and other Titans.

Reactions: ENGRVOL

That’s kinda what Flash is supposed to do I think. Like the comic series Flashpoint that relaunched the New 52.

Of course that turned out to be a haphazard mess so hopefully history doesn’t repeat.

If you can’t take the rock and a decently well known character and create a franchise then you are just lost and have no hope of building a universe.

I’m not sure Black Adam was that well known outside of comic nerds. From what I’ve seen said nerds liked the movie and word of mouth was pretty positive.

But I think the good will of general audiences for the DCU is just shot.

I’m not sure Black Adam was that well known outside of comic nerds. From what I’ve seen said nerds liked the movie and word of mouth was pretty positive.

I think they can turn it around as long as they have an actual plan that ties everything together. If James Gunn was able to take stupid characters like The Guardians Of The Galaxy and make them one of Marvel’s best movie series, imagine what he can do with The Justice League characters.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
I think they can turn it around as long as they have an actual plan that ties everything together. If James Gunn was able to take stupid characters like The Guardians Of The Galaxy and make them one of Marvel’s best movie series, imagine what he can do with The Justice League characters.

I feel like they need to take a 3-4 year hiatus then come back with a complete reboot.

Right now they are in this weird place with trying to make WW and Aquaman work, aybe getting Cavill back for a good Superman movie that may or may not be connected to the previous films.

Reactions: NEO
I feel like they need to take a 3-4 year hiatus then come back with a complete reboot.

Right now they are in this weird place with trying to make WW and Aquaman work, aybe getting Cavill back for a good Superman movie that may or may not be connected to the previous films.
I would imagine they’ve got a blueprint for how to continue/reboot, and that they’re talking to the current leads to convince them to stay on for multi-picture deals. There’s been too much back and forth with their contracts to this point. Lock them in or send them packing.

If you can’t take the rock and a decently well known character and create a franchise then you are just lost and have no hope of building a universe.

Same level as Shazam in my opinion. If you know Shazam you probably know BA.

Hell, marvel used submariner as the recent villain. Last time I saw him was 80s Spider-Man cartoon.

But I agree, he is B level. But Ant-man isn’t even b level and it’s a franchise now.

I would imagine they’ve got a blueprint for how to continue/reboot, and that they’re talking to the current leads to convince them to stay on for multi-picture deals. There’s been too much back and forth with their contracts to this point. Lock them in or send them packing.

Batman beyond with Keaton and the younger apprentice the comic/cartoon movie of Damian and use knight wing.

You build around all three.

Place him in own universe after flash and make it clear in the actual title thst it’s a unique earth like make it Batman Beyond; Earth 52.

Is Cavill going to play Wolverine? I saw that somewhere a while back.

Is Cavill going to play Wolverine? I saw that somewhere a while back.

Haven’t heard that. I hope not. I would prefer they actually get a short actor to play Wolverine this time.

Hugh Jackman is coming back for Deadpool 3 though so it might be awhile before they officially recast him.

I like the Rock, but the dude seems to have a bit of a higher opinion of himself than reality. He also seems to be wanting to be the main face of the DCU and sorry man.....Black Adam isn't it. He also infamously has a clause in his F&F contracts where he never loses a fight on screen and so far it looks like he may have that same type mindset for his DC character. And that's not going to work, people are going to get bored of a character that seemingly never shows any kind of weakness.

DCU is somehow an even bigger mess and I agree, they need to play out the rest of the current movies then do a hard reboot.

It's kind of unbelievable how poorly they've done with this IP. I tried watching the Snyder cut the other day, and I couldn't do it. None of these movies are rewatchable, outside of the Batman franchise, Watchmen, and a Shazam movie. It should be so easy to make a good comic movie and they can't do it. Marvel's done it with Deadpool, X-Men, Wolverine, Avengers, Captain America, Iron Man, Ant-Man, Spiderman, Guardians, Black Panther, etc. DC can't make one good Justice League movie outside of Batman?

Reactions: jamesd1628

I’m guessing a big part of this is that Cavill and Affleck have been wishy washy on playing the characters, so Gunn wants people that he can count on. Also, I’m pretty sure I’ve read that Cavill is hard to work with. I think Gunn will right the ship,

VN Store

Back