Debt limit antics this go 'round: same posturing for the base? Or for realz calamity?

Yeah, but just think this new screwing of the taxpayer is going to cut the growth of that kind of stuff by a whopping 1%. Of course, we don't even know what number DC plans to use as the basis. The CBO has already calculated how many trillions this will save us though ... just like wives using sales to save husbands tens of thousands.

Yeah, but just think this new screwing of the taxpayer is going to cut the growth of that kind of stuff by a whopping 1%. Of course, we don't even know what number DC plans to use as the basis. The CBO has already calculated how many trillions this will save us though ... just like wives using sales to save husbands tens of thousands.
The CBO must have mathematical wizards on staff…. The best of the best. I don’t think the CBO can add 2+2

Reactions: NEO, McDad and AM64
Looks like Dark Brandon kicked the rt wing's butt.

For example, they wanted work requirements for food stamps. Dark Brandon says sure as long as we have exceptions such as veterans. He then got the exceptions expanded so in reality more people will be eligible for food stamps after the legislation than there were before the legislation.

Bonus points in creating a war inside the Repub House membership as the hard right says they will seek McCarthy's removal.

Wonder if they would accept Dem votes in that motion.

For example, they wanted work requirements for food stamps. Dark Brandon says sure as long as we have exceptions such as veterans. He then got the exceptions expanded so in reality more people will be eligible for food stamps after the legislation than there were before the legislation.

Bonus points in creating a war inside the Repub House membership as the hard right says they will seek McCarthy's removal.

I may be the only who feels this way, but anybody taking a victory lap here is analogous to celebrating a shuffle board victory as passengers load into the Titanic's life boats.

The CBO must have mathematical wizards on staff…. The best of the best. I don’t think the CBO can add 2+2

Oh and I guess you could do a better job. It's ridiculous to hear you say that they can't do math. Those guys are so far above your understanding of how the budget works, it's the difference between a world class physicist and a 5 year old.

Why does everyone denigrate the civil servants. Sure there are bad ones, average ones and great ones, like in any large organization. You hate the government bureaucracy, that's fine. But what do you do to change it? Have you gone to your Reps town halls. Do you follow his/her votes to make sure what he/she says really is how they vote? Or do you sit here and complain?

I'll bet you don't say things like this to their faces when you need something.

I may be the only who feels this way, but anybody taking a victory lap here is analogous to celebrating a shuffle board victory as passengers load into the Titanic's life boats.
Agreed. nothing to actually celebrate here. we forced another overtime against App State, and we still haven't figured out how to stop them from scoring. woooooo.

Reactions: AM64 and McDad
Oh and I guess you could do a better job. It's ridiculous to hear you say that they can't do math. Those guys are so far above your understanding of how the budget works, it's the difference between a world class physicist and a 5 year old.

Why does everyone denigrate the civil servants. Sure there are bad ones, average ones and great ones, like in any large organization. You hate the government bureaucracy, that's fine. But what do you do to change it? Have you gone to your Reps town halls. Do you follow his/her votes to make sure what he/she says really is how they vote? Or do you sit here and complain?

I think most people's issue is the fact they are pissing on us and calling it rain, while asking us to help them shake and make sure we give them another 2 liter of cola.

They pretend they are actually doing something good for us, but in reality the problem is still getting worse, and they haven't actually done ANYTHING that will actually fix the problem in the long term.

They are using the third category of lies (lies, damn lies, and statistics) to hide the fact that literally nothing has changed but the date and the amount of the default.

they are good at what they do, you are right, probably some of the best. The issue is what they are actually doing is lying to us.

Reactions: NEO and AM64

You always this emotional? Have you ever known the CBO to accurately assess the cost of anything?

Do you consider this good for the country?

Reactions: NEO and AM64
Over the next decade this country will spend $10.6 trillion on interest payments alone. But hey, at least we avoided “default” this time. I for one one can’t wait until the next “debt ceiling crisis” to occur.

Over the next decade this country will spend $10.6 trillion on interest payments alone. But hey, at least we avoided “default” this time. I for one one can’t wait until the next “debt ceiling crisis” to occur.
at least you don't have to worry about when its going to happen. they told you. they are just waiting 2 years and then they will "address" it again. Aren't our politicians great? just continuously extending their deadlines, and we wonder why nothing gets done.

Reactions: AM64 and volfanhill
...and next time, like this time, the sides can switch and argue against what they previously argued for.

The theatrics continue even as the theater is crumbling.

...and next time, like this time, the sides can switch and argue against what they previously argued for.

The theatrics continue even as the theater is crumbling.

The show must go on ... and joe is doing his best to break a leg.

Reactions: McDad

VN Store

Back