Decadent Western Culture Thread

Children TV Channel Cartoon Network Celebrates Transgender Day of Visibility​

1711996600694.png

Cartoon Network — whose animated programming caters primarily to children and young viewers — has publicly voiced support for the “Transgender Day of Visibility,” which took over Easter Sunday this year. In a celebratory Instagram post, the network offered adulation to what it called its “transgender and gender non-conforming family.”

The Warner Bros. Discovery-owned network also had blunt words for anyone who dares to mount a criticism, labeling any such dissent as “hate.”

“We’re not doing hate today. Be kind or be blocked,” the network said on Instagram.

Cartoon Network made no similar acknowledgement of the Easter holiday.

Children TV Channel Cartoon Network Celebrates Transgender Day of Visibility​

View attachment 631356

Cartoon Network — whose animated programming caters primarily to children and young viewers — has publicly voiced support for the “Transgender Day of Visibility,” which took over Easter Sunday this year. In a celebratory Instagram post, the network offered adulation to what it called its “transgender and gender non-conforming family.”

The Warner Bros. Discovery-owned network also had blunt words for anyone who dares to mount a criticism, labeling any such dissent as “hate.”

“We’re not doing hate today. Be kind or be blocked,” the network said on Instagram.

Cartoon Network made no similar acknowledgement of the Easter holiday.

The fact that you live through this stuff is so funny. It’s March 31 every year, this year Easter happens to fall on 3/31 and it’s a neverending stream of outrage bait like

“This existing holiday is on the same day as Easter!!”
“…corporations are ACKNOWLEDGING said holiday, not even on TV but on Instagram!!!”

Oh nooo lol

Biden’s Anti-Christian Easter Stunt Leaves No Doubt About Democrats’ Descent Into Paganism​

The modern Democrat Party champions all the Pagan impulses of leftism.

While millions of Christians throughout the world celebrated the resurrection of Jesus Christ this weekend, the Biden administration was busy hawking the demonic ideology of transgenderism.

Reactions: Silence Dogood
We are a declining society. Sure, technology is making quantum leaps, but we as a society are decaying from within and are already becoming unrecognizable from what we once were.

Spoken like a true Trumpian "Let's return to 1950s values that privileged certain races and cultures (mine)."

Reactions: NashVol11
Spoken like a true Trumpian "Let's return to 1950s values that privileged certain races and cultures (mine)."
its the exact same thing going on now, its just different races and cultures. in 70 years we will look back on the bigotry of today and shake our heads.

neither side is actually socially inclusive, even if you don't count accepting any of the extremists out there. They have just chosen different groups to push as talking points. Even amongst the "accepted" cultures/races both sides deride those who don't actively participate in their politics. The Dem/Biden mindset of "if you don't vote for me, you ain't black"; and the Republican/Trump mindset of "if you don't vote for Trump you are a commie". two sides of the exact same coin.

Reactions: KptVFL
The fact that you live through this stuff is so funny. It’s March 31 every year, this year Easter happens to fall on 3/31 and it’s a neverending stream of outrage bait like

“This existing holiday is on the same day as Easter!!”
“…corporations are ACKNOWLEDGING said holiday, not even on TV but on Instagram!!!”

Oh nooo lol
And today is 02 April which is ….checks notes…..National Ferret Day, National Peanut Butter Day, and National Love Your Produce Manager Day (I am not making this up). How many of these warranted Presidential Proclamations or special messages from Television Networks? Every day of the year is dedicated to countless „National Day of“ status. Yet the President (or more likely some PR staffer) just so happened to single out the one most certain to be perceived as a finger in the eye to believers for special notice?
I will say one thing, I am glad Transgendered persons get a national day of visibility. Heaven knows we NEVER see or hear about them the rest of the year </sarcasm>

its the exact same thing going on now, its just different races and cultures. in 70 years we will look back on the bigotry of today and shake our heads.

neither side is actually socially inclusive, even if you don't count accepting any of the extremists out there. They have just chosen different groups to push as talking points. Even amongst the "accepted" cultures/races both sides deride those who don't actively participate in their politics. The Dem/Biden mindset of "if you don't vote for me, you ain't black"; and the Republican/Trump mindset of "if you don't vote for Trump you are a commie". two sides of the exact same coin.
I don’t entirely disagree. But a distinction does need to be made in the bold.

President Biden, the leader of the Democrat party, stated publicly, “Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."

President Biden believes in order to qualify as a member of a particular race, you must support Him. Not supporting him means that you no longer qualify as a member of that race. This is a dangerous mindset for a political leader to possess. Extremely dangerous.

I don’t believe former President Trump has made such a public and direct comment. Maybe he has. But I don’t think Trump has stated “If you don’t vote for me you are a communist”. Though his supporters may adhere to this mindset.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
Anyone who doesn’t think Western Culture is rapidly decaying into open decadence and dissolution is living in denial.
The defining characteristic of everything we are talking about is the individual‘s focus on self and what that self wants. The central quest of more and more people is in feeding their own appetites and realizing their desires while rejecting and recommendations for moderation or self control. That is the very definition of decadence in my book.
28F0BDE3-837F-4351-A78E-E2CA52A385CD.jpeg

Anyone who doesn’t think Western Culture is rapidly decaying into open decadence and dissolution is living in denial.
The defining characteristic of everything we are talking about is the individual‘s focus on self and what that self wants. The central quest of more and more people is in feeding their own appetites and realizing their desires while rejecting and recommendations for moderation or self control. That is the very definition of decadence in my book.
View attachment 631482

What you are not accounting for is that the 1950s mores were self-serving for only some people. Trump supporters are the epitome of selfish. They want to return to conditions which benefitted them.

What you are not accounting for is that the 1950s mores were self-serving for only some people. Trump supporters are the epitome of selfish. They want to return to conditions which benefitted them.

LOL

WTF is not advocating for conditions that benefit themselves? You're such a hypocrite.

Are you including Asian Trump supporters or pale mayonnaise peeps like Lee Greenwood only?

Reactions: hog88
I think we are talking about two entirely different things here. I believe you are focused on racial discrimination (I apologize if if misapprehend your meaning) which indeed needed to improve and still needs to. You will get no argument from me there.
I am focusing on things that i consider to be in the values realm. And my view is that we do see an obvious downturn in favor of people demanding to be free of all moral restraint. Even outside of religion, it should be clear that a society in which everyone demands to do whatever they desire with no self control is heading in a bad direction. EVERY single society and religion and I am familiar with called for (at least in their pronouncements) for the family built around monogamous relations between one man and one woman. We were all expected to control our desires for promiscuity and to commit to a lifetime relationship with a member of the opposite sex. Adultry was considered a grave offense against society. Fornication was somewhat to a lesser extent.
What many of us are concerned about is this rush to blindly discard 6000 years of expected behavior in a couple of decades without at least considering the implications of that step. Heck, none of us really LIKES being told that we need to control our sexual urges. We need to though because sometimes self denial is good for ourselves and others.
The general outlook of the west now though is that „I am going to whatever I want to do with whomever I want to and how DARE you expect otherwise from me“
And the response of the new culture is simply to mock the accumulated wisdom of 6 millennia as a puritanical desire to return to the 1950s.
Sometimes there is value in things that are old. The difficulty in human civilization has always been in deciding what needs to be kept vs what needs to be discarded. At least since the middle of the previous century, we have thrown out things far too quickly in a misguided desire to be „modern“.

No, not Trumpian and that’s not what I said at all. But if you can’t look around and see it, can’t help you.

Are you including Asian Trump supporters or pale mayonnaise peeps like Lee Greenwood only?
You don’t have to be white to be a white supremacist, per leftist.

So the Trump supporters of color are clearly white supremacist longing for the days that’s white people asserted their dominance.

Do you even MSNBC Bro?

So you are saying that the LGBTQ are not self serving and advocating for things that specifically benefit themselves? often at the expense of other groups.

You don’t have to be white to be a white supremacist, per leftist.

So the Trump supporters of color are clearly white supremacist longing for the days that’s white people asserted their dominance.

Do you even MSNBC Bro?
I watch reruns of Jeopardy.

I think we are talking about two entirely different things here. I believe you are focused on racial discrimination (I apologize if if misapprehend your meaning) which indeed needed to improve and still needs to. You will get no argument from me there.
I am focusing on things that i consider to be in the values realm. And my view is that we do see an obvious downturn in favor of people demanding to be free of all moral restraint. Even outside of religion, it should be clear that a society in which everyone demands to do whatever they desire with no self control is heading in a bad direction. EVERY single society and religion and I am familiar with called for (at least in their pronouncements) for the family built around monogamous relations between one man and one woman. We were all expected to control our desires for promiscuity and to commit to a lifetime relationship with a member of the opposite sex. Adultry was considered a grave offense against society. Fornication was somewhat to a lesser extent.
What many of us are concerned about is this rush to blindly discard 6000 years of expected behavior in a couple of decades without at least considering the implications of that step. Heck, none of us really LIKES being told that we need to control our sexual urges. We need to though because sometimes self denial is good for ourselves and others.
The general outlook of the west now though is that „I am going to whatever I want to do with whomever I want to and how DARE you expect otherwise from me“
And the response of the new culture is simply to mock the accumulated wisdom of 6 millennia as a puritanical desire to return to the 1950s.
Sometimes there is value in things that are old. The difficulty in human civilization has always been in deciding what needs to be kept vs what needs to be discarded. At least since the middle of the previous century, we have thrown out things far too quickly in a misguided desire to be „modern“.

Thankyou for that thoughtful analysis, and I agree with you that in theory there is a difference between "morals and values" which center on more economic issues, such as work ethic, value on education, ambition, and similar such values, versus more social issues, such as a premium on family, traditional sexual roles, and the like.

I just think that in actual practice people tend to view others in a camp that necessarily is far left or far right on both, at the same time. That the two issues merge. And so for example when I see interviews of people at a Trump rally, it seems to me that they blur the distinction between the economics and social issues, to the right; whereas it seems like folks who support Trump and post here collapse everyone on the left into one overarching adherence to left-wing views of both the economic and the social.

Thankyou for that thoughtful analysis, and I agree with you that in theory there is a difference between "morals and values" which center on more economic issues, such as work ethic, value on education, ambition, and similar such values, versus more social issues, such as a premium on family, traditional sexual roles, and the like.

I just think that in actual practice people tend to view others in a camp that necessarily is far left or far right on both, at the same time. That the two issues merge. And so for example when I see interviews of people at a Trump rally, it seems to me that they blur the distinction between the economics and social issues, to the right; whereas it seems like folks who support Trump and post here collapse everyone on the left into one overarching adherence to left-wing views of both the economic and the social.
Then there are those of us who consider ourselves basically conservatives but who cannot stand Trump either and would love for him to bow out of the race.
Most Americans are tired of the culture wars and will vote on economic policies. That bodes ill for the incumbent in 2024 whether or not he is responsible.
I do think many Democrat politicians are pushing the culture war harder than many of their constituent groups would like. Hispanics and African Americans are much more socially conservative than the urban white liberals who drive the party platform and I think that is going to cost them several elections coming up.
All Biden and the Democrats had to do was not be crazy, given the high unfavorables for Trump. Whoever is making decisions in the WH though seems incapable of doing that.
The whole Trans Day of Visibility/Easter debacle was a clear example of that. Biden was already going to win the majority of the already small trans voting block and people for whom that issue is central. But they have now alienated a number of Catholic Hispanics whom they DESPERATELY need in swing states. Total stupidity and unforced error. All they had do do was do nothing. But someone put out that statement and I don’t believe Biden even knew about it.
If either party ever nominates someone who just isn’t crazy that person will win easily. But both parties have given us their absolute worst yet again.
Heck, as a conservative I voted for Clinton TWICE. He at least tried to appeal to the middle

Reactions: EasternVol

Fury as Seattle country dance squad are ordered to remove their American flag T-shirts for 'triggering' woke organizers at LGBTQ event​

A Seattle dance group say they were forced to change out of their patriotic shirts ahead of a scheduled performance and now event organizations are facing a backlash over the move.

The Borderline Dance Team is a group of nearly two dozen women who regularly volunteer to perform at events around Washington.

But on the final day, one of the group's members - Lindsay Stamp - said the women were given an ultimatum: change out of their American flag T-shirts, or back out of the show.

When the dancers pushed the organizers on the request, one of them said 'it had to do with what was going on in Palestine and the LGBTQ community in America.'

1713119265215.png
A group of volunteer dancers were told they'd have to remove their American flag T-shirts because of 'what's going on in Palestine and the LGBTQ community'

1713731887809.png

British writer J. K. Rowling, having sold her mansion in Britain, bought an apartment in Moscow with a view of Moscow City. She made this decision due to the fact that in her homeland, she was bullied for speaking out against transgender people and refusing to accept their philosophy, promoting "normality".

"Russia is the last state where I can call a spade a spade with impunity. Here I am, a woman, not a human with a vagina, as they believe in Britain," the writer lady said. Rowling also added that it is very strange for her that in the modern world, you have to fight for your right to be normal lady. And in Russia it is not necessary to do this, which is why Russia has become her choice and a stronghold of traditional values, which she, like all normal people, adheres to.

What group is in charge of this? It's not christians, Muslims, white people, black people, so who benefits and who has the money? It's forbidden to go much further down the rabbit hole :(

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
What group is in charge of this? It's not christians, Muslims, white people, black people, so who benefits and who has the money? It's forbidden to go much further down the rabbit hole :(
Same group as is behind climate change farce, depopulation agenda, transhumanism, and various other anti-human death cults.

Millenials, Z, and Alpha kids are going to find out the hardway what the cost of this will be. Don't expect to retire......ever.

Reactions: Gandalf

VN Store

Back