De'Rail Sims hired as RB coach

Who cares if we only get 3 star RBs? If he can develop them, I'm on board. In fact, our best RBs over the last few years have al been high school 3 stars.
We also haven’t won any championships in those years. As well as our RB’s have played, just imagine what truly elite RB’s could do in this offense. I believe we’ll see over the next few years with Peyton Lewis.

Congrats on being able to successfully sway 12-13 posters that were likely going to rave about the hire no matter what his background was. I understood your point. Your weren’t exactly splitting atoms. I wasn’t impressed by it.

They weren’t raving about the hire. They understood the fact that it was a geography joke. I could not care less what you’re impressed by robot man.

Reactions: volsrock09
Bearcat fans seem to be pretty pissed. Apparently he was a great recruiter for them and always had one of the better rb rooms in the nation. Great recruiting there and great recruiting here of course are different definitions but he will have more to sell and more elite athletes willing to listen to what he’s selling. Just a difference in programs. Great recruiting starts with a guy that wants to hit the road and grind and do it though and this guy seems to fit the bill and have something to prove.

Bearcat fans seem to be pretty pissed. Apparently he was a great recruiter for them and always had one of the better rb rooms in the nation. Great recruiting there and great recruiting here of course are different definitions but he will have more to sell and more elite athletes willing to listen to what he’s selling. Just a difference in programs. Great recruiting starts with a guy that wants to hit the road and grind and do it though and this guy seems to fit the bill and have something to prove.
He recruited well at Louisville before following Satt to Cincy... while at Louisville he recruited Rueben Owens the 5 RB who committed to UL.. but flipped to TX when Sims went to Cincy.. he recruited well in portal as well at UL.

I think he will be an upgrade in recruiting. When you find articles with quotes about how other coaches in profession feel about him. It really seems like this will end up being a great hire.

Below average post. Had the #2 RB in the nation, 5* Reuben Owens committed to Louisville before the staff left for Cincinnati. You know nothing about his ability as a recruiter.
Also had just gotten a commitment from a 4 star back out of GA that we had offered.

Think not. Has to mean he has world class evaluation skills finding those diamonds in the rough and extraordinary development skills to get those guys to top 5 nationally.

Could well be the best hire in all of D1 over the last decade.
You will go far.

You hate being a vols fan. Like you do not enjoy this at all.
I understand that anything objective that doesn't happen to be 100% sunshine and rainbows is incomprehensible to a pumper/cheerleader, but the fact remains that this isn't a proven recruiter and we could be recruiting better given the resources at UT.

I understand that anything objective that doesn't happen to be 100% sunshine and rainbows is incomprehensible to a pumper/cheerleader, but the fact remains that this isn't a proven recruiter and we could be recruiting better given the resources at UT.
The irony.

Hopefully you give us more hot takes Mr Objective. It’s a close race between you and the DarkVolutard poster for biggest moron on the board. Congrats on this gem of a post.

“100%” 😅 try THREE % and work your way up!

Reactions: bullet20
Since when is your Cro-magnon opinion “objective”. You understand he recruited a 5 star RB to a depressing school, and also recruited several three star players who proved to be much better than their grades. He also developed them into top running units. Boo hoo. I’m not sure what “better” recruiting you want over Peyton and Seldon, but prepare to be surprised. Our offensive skill recruiting has not been a weakness. I’m excited to see him work with the talent we have and sign more great players. —Sunshine

How is name recognition a great judge of ability???
Last time we voted for president we had two guys with HIGH name recognition ... and low and behold ... our current president has 'memory issues' and the the other guy has a ton of criminal charges against him.
My point is do you want name recognition ... or somebody who will excel at the job and task??? I am not opposed to name recognition. But it is not about what you have done, but what can you do today.
Frankly, I would like a business man with ethics and excellent character in the presidents chair. And for an RB coach, a guy who can train in good fundamentals and who can recruit really good running backs and turn them into great running backs.
Some of you are acting like Josh Heupel is an idiot when it comes to hiring good coaching talent. Can you post your coaching resume, so I can see the experience behind said judgment? ;)

Reactions: swampfoxfan

VN Store

Back