Derek Dooley to Cowboys (merged)

Heard no on this. Believe he has to at least have a "co-ordinator" role to lose the buyout...now he's just a towel boy coach...if in fact he has been hired...Cowboys rep's arent confirming the hire yet.

too bad. I mean what are the chances HE gets that kind of gig any time soon...

I can tell you with 100% certainty that Derek has not taken a position with the cowboys

His name is not on the Cowboys coach list... But this must be true.. it's on the internet

this is so funny i have thought of the cowboys as the vols of the nfl and they go and hire Dools

As for the $5 million, that is the nature of the game today. Every coach gets a big buyout clause just like the schools do. As impatient as the boosters/fan bases are today, I'd sure want want one.

If your boss offered you a legal agreement that you'd get two years pay should you be fired, I am guessing you would sign it. I certainly would.

I read Nick Saban and Urban Meyer both have no buyout clause. I thought Fooley was supposed to be the next Saban:loco:

I can tell you with 100% certainty that Derek has not taken a position with the cowboys

I posted 3 quotes from their website saying they were going with someone else. No one read it, I guess they were too busy thinking a WR's coach was going to destroy a team! Lol

People's need to feel important on here just slays me. Starting with, "I am told...." and then linking to a source that is available to the world is funny -- or sad -- I'm not sure which.

Reactions: 1 person
I think this is ridiculous...Oh well...Maybe he will do well.

Why is this ridiculous? CDD recruited and coached two best young wide receivers entering the NFL in the current draft. He also sat in all the offensive meetings and together with Chaney put together one of the best offenses in the country (and one of the best in the school history). Given this where is the evidence he should not do well coaching receivers in the NFL? Is it because he hired Sunseri (who at the time he was hired looked like a home run hire to most of our fans)?

Reactions: 2 people
Why is this ridiculous? CDD recruited and coached two best young wide receivers entering the NFL in the current draft. He also sat in all the offensive meetings and together with Chaney put together one of the best offenses in the country (and one of the best in the school history). Given this where is the evidence he should not do well coaching receivers in the NFL? Is it because he hired Sunseri (who at the time he was hired looked like a home run hire to most of our fans)?

He "might" do well coaching Dallas wr's, but "one of the best offenses in the country" meant nothing to UT when all was all said and done. 5-7 and no bowl game, and three straight seven loss seasons, in short, a disaster, three straight disasters really.

He "might" do well coaching Dallas wr's, but "one of the best offenses in the country" meant nothing to UT when all was all said and done. 5-7 and no bowl game, and three straight seven loss seasons, in short, a disaster, three straight disasters really.

Amen, a total train wreck beyond all expectations.

I just heard he'll be on signing day tomorrow as a guest analyst too. Wow...how is this idiot finding work after digging our program into the grave for three years. What a hack.

The worst part is people are actually taking his opinion like it is credible.

The worst part is people are actually taking his opinion like it is credible.

:lolabove:

Because his opinion IS credible. If you don't agree give ESPN a call and explain it to them - maybe they will apologize and create some type of ESPN reality channel just for you to explain to all those dumb pros how it should be done :eek:lol:

He "might" do well coaching Dallas wr's, but "one of the best offenses in the country" meant nothing to UT when all was all said and done.

But why should Dallas care about Dooley's overall UT record - they are not hiring him to be a head coach. So if they are only focused on offense or more specifically on WR position it makes a lot of sense because that is exactly where we excelled under him.

:lolabove:

Because his opinion IS credible. If you don't agree give ESPN a call and explain it to them - maybe they will apologize and create some type of ESPN reality channel just for you to explain to all those dumb pros how it should be done :eek:lol:

Derek Dooley...is that...you?

When it comes to college football his opinion isn't credible at all. Or have you seen our record for the past three years? I'm guessing you haven't. He is probably the worst coach this school has had in the past decade. But sure you can watch ESPN all day while Dooley feeds you information. I think the rest of us on Volnation are with Coach Butch Jones.

Than why is he on college football program on ESPN being interviewed while you are typing from your mom's basement? :loco:

So your turning to insults just because your getting mad about me speaking my opinion on Derek Dooley? Very mature of you. And wow a mom's basement comment is this the 4th grade?

:peace2:

I'm done with this conversation.

Dont like it one bit, but I get that he is just going to coach WR's. I guess he wont be hireing any coordinators, but to look at the success of Hunter and CP and say Dools was responsible for it is a stretch. Those guys were bigger and better than most of the guys they played against and Bray (in spite of the knocks on him) had a big league arm to get them the ball. Even OC Chainey had more to do with their success...I guess Im saying that the offence worked in spite of Dools ocd instead of because of him because they were just...good. Different in the NFL because they are all good. My 2 cents and a quarter will buy you a piece of bubble gum, though. GBO and How bout them boys!

VN Store

Back