Die on the Chick-Fil-A Hill?

I'm all for bonding with your kid, but why does it have to be a "Date"? Is there a life lesson I'm missing here?

Do you have a daughter?
Did you not take her on "dates" to model how she should be treated when she starts dating? It is a life lesson that not enough Dads take the time to teach.
I took my daughter on dates when she turned 13 until she was 16 and was able to actually start dating young men. She still thanks me for it to this day.

Do you have a daughter?
Did you not take her on "dates" to model how she should be treated when she starts dating? It is a life lesson that not enough Dads take the time to teach.
I took my daughter on dates when she turned 13 until she was 16 and was able to actually start dating young men. She still thanks me for it to this day.
Most (or I should say far too many) kids don't have dads nowadays. Can't have these men ruining their kids lives. Just leave them with their mommies and don't offer any male influences.

#toxicmasculinity

Most (or I should say far too many) kids don't have dads nowadays. Can't have these men ruining their kids lives. Just leave them with their mommies and don't offer any male influences.

#toxicmasculinity

Mmmmkay

This is silly all the way around. Guarantee if that school were to poll its LGBTQ students (no pun intended), the majority would probably want the restaurant. Good food is good food, plus I always thought the "Chik-fil-A is homophobic" story was blown out of proportion to begin with.

My gay sister loves cfa, so there is some anecdotal evidence for you

To clarify she wasn't objecting to CFA being barred from campus. The university made a public statement that CFA's corporate values are not consistent with those of the university. Since she shared those same values (none of which have a thing to do with LBGT issues) she felt the university was saying people (including students) who shared CFAs values were not in line with the university.

She resigned from a leadership position because she was being asked to go along with an official stance from the university (some values were not consistent with university values) and felt she could not do that.

Here are the CFA corporate values

“Chick-fil-A’s corporate purpose statement is to glorify God, to be faithful stewards of all that’s entrusted to them and have a positive influence on everyone who comes into contact with them. And I would say that mirrors my personal beliefs perfectly."

She felt the university was saying these values are not consistent with the university's values. Hard to see how they are poor values to hold...

I take it you didn't read it either. Thanks for showing your ignorance and thanks Justin for showing yours. You all are proud of your ignorance I can tell. You all have to stick together, facts be damned.

Ob cracked a good one. Pay the man

To clarify she wasn't objecting to CFA being barred from campus. The university made a public statement that CFA's corporate values are not consistent with those of the university. Since she shared those same values (none of which have a thing to do with LBGT issues) she felt the university was saying people (including students) who shared CFAs values were not in line with the university.

She resigned from a leadership position because she was being asked to go along with an official stance from the university (some values were not consistent with university values) and felt she could not do that.

Here are the CFA corporate values

“Chick-fil-A’s corporate purpose statement is to glorify God, to be faithful stewards of all that’s entrusted to them and have a positive influence on everyone who comes into contact with them. And I would say that mirrors my personal beliefs perfectly."

She felt the university was saying these values are not consistent with the university's values. Hard to see how they are poor values to hold...
Times have changed since I grew up. 98% of people would have agreed with that statement back then.

Times have changed since I grew up. 98% of people would have agreed with that statement back then.

There is zero wrong with the statement. The gay marriage issue was 7 years ago and CFA doesn't make donations to the groups that they did then. Hell, 4 years prior to that the POTUS (Obama) was openly opposed to gay marriage!

I get her point - saying the corporate values are not "sufficiently evolved" so that they are consistent with the university's tells anyone on campus if you share the CFA values then you don't fit the university; ironic since they (university) advocates "inclusion".

She was simply asking the university to reconsider the statement about the values; she was not challenging the decision about CFA.

I can count on one hand how many times I've eaten a Chick-Fil-A product. It's okay, but nothing I would go out and buy unless I just happened to be really hungry and there was one next to me without 12000 people in line. I really don't get the appeal of their food, on the other hand I really don't get the appeal to most fast food or Applebee's type places either.

I take it you didn't read it either. Thanks for showing your ignorance and thanks Justin for showing yours. You all are proud of your ignorance I can tell. You all have to stick together, facts be damned.
Since you don't care about gender identification, why are you so upset?

I can count on one hand how many times I've eaten a Chick-Fil-A product. It's okay, but nothing I would go out and buy unless I just happened to be really hungry and there was one next to me without 12000 people in line. I really don't get the appeal of their food, on the other hand I really don't get the appeal to most fast food or Applebee's type places either.
I was introduced to chicken sammiches at Smoky Mountain Market on the Strip (Shell Station). Rocky was the man....CFA doesn't hold a candle.

Food all turns to sh!t the next day. Whatever.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
There is zero wrong with the statement. The gay marriage issue was 7 years ago and CFA doesn't make donations to the groups that they did then. Hell, 4 years prior to that the POTUS (Obama) was openly opposed to gay marriage!

I get her point - saying the corporate values are not "sufficiently evolved" so that they are consistent with the university's tells anyone on campus if you share the CFA values then you don't fit the university; ironic since they (university) advocates "inclusion".

She was simply asking the university to reconsider the statement about the values; she was not challenging the decision about CFA.
This is always ignored by the left

I was introduced to chicken sammiches at Smoky Mountain Market on the Strip (Shell Station). Rocky was the man....CFA doesn't hold a candle.
I forgot about those! I think they were called a Rooster Sandwich. It was a regular part of my diet on the weekends after a mass consumption episode.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I really try to avoid fast food, but I don't mind CFA sandwiches every once in a while. The way they operate that drive through line is more impressive than the food.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

VN Store

Back