Director of Recruiting change

This isn't soccer, gymnastics, baseball/softball, Tennis... Football is a physical sport only played currently by Men.. Shocking to have to have a women lead such a critical function. I would feel the same way if a man was hired to lead recruiting for Women's Field Hockey or Women's Bowling. Call me sexist or call a man of common sense
What function does this position serve exactly? Be as specific as possible please

Reactions: Mccage
This isn't soccer, gymnastics, baseball/softball, Tennis... Football is a physical sport only played currently by Men.. Shocking to have to have a women lead such a critical function. I would feel the same way if a man was hired to lead recruiting for Women's Field Hockey or Women's Bowling. Call me sexist or call a man of common sense

IMG_3482.jpeg

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL
1) I live in Florida so no, I did not memorize the support staff yet.

2) if it’s all secretarial admin work, it’s not a “director”

3) FOOTBALL, it’s a MAN’S game, critical staff in all recruiting must be experienced in sport and know how to relate to players.
Well I can’t think of a way to describe you. But I have two daughters that I hope don’t interact with you.

What are you hearing about the NIl and the ncaa LWs.

Lot of speculation..

Multiple sports programs involved.

Lot of focus on Nico being flown on a private plane between Cali and Knoxville.

Seems it is all related to NIL which Plowman fired off a letter to Baker (pres of NCAA) stating how unclear NIL rules are and have been since NIL inception. A great argument which could refute anything that might have been done.

Its early. NCAA has been nosing into UT for months now on NIL. Nico signing likely the catalyst as he got a big deal.

But everything coming out right now is speculation. NCAA has not sent a LOA. Until they do, everyone is guessing as to what UT did if ANYTHING.

We will see.

The negative is, other schools / coaches will definitely use (and likely are right now) this against UT in recruiting. It will have a negative impact on recruiting. The more recruits hear from various coaches, the more it becomes reality. So we need a quick resolution.

Lot of speculation..

Multiple sports programs involved.

Lot of focus on Nico being flown on a private plane between Cali and Knoxville.

Seems it is all related to NIL which Plowman fired off a letter to Baker (pres of NCAA) stating how unclear NIL rules are and have been since NIL inception. A great argument which could refute anything that might have been done.

Its early. NCAA has been nosing into UT for months now on NIL. Nico signing likely the catalyst as he got a big deal.

But everything coming out right now is speculation. NCAA has not sent a LOA. Until they do, everyone is guessing as to what UT did if ANYTHING.

We will see.

The negative is, other schools / coaches will definitely use (and likely are right now) this against UT in recruiting. It will have a negative impact on recruiting. The more recruits hear from various coaches, the more it becomes reality. So we need a quick resolution.
Thank you for the the info kind sir. It’s been good to see you posting on here again regularly.

You don’t even know what the job entails. Pretty clear by your post you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Reactions: Exiled
Why? It's not setting up a recruiting board and evaluating prospects, the coaches do that.

The job entails planning the logistics of coaches going on the road, managing recruit schedules and contact information, and organizing and executing recruiting visits and junior days. She was the third woman at UT to hold the job, and females hold the director of recruiting operations post at about half of the SEC schools, including Georgia.

To answer the original question, she left because it's basically a 24/7/365 job and she was worn out from doing it for as long as she did. These jobs can be fun, but they're also super high stress and all-consuming. It's not your job so much as it's your lifestyle. There aren't a lot of long-termers in these jobs.
Thank you DeerPark!

I wonder if this has anything to do with the NCAA potential investigation?
No. She left for quality of life reasons, not anything to do with anything else.

Tennessee does not feel it did anything wrong, so why would a staff member leave over it?

No. She left for quality of life reasons, not anything to do with anything else.

Tennessee does not feel it did anything wrong, so why would a staff member leave over it?
She wanted to be closer to her boyfriend. She left for California, he is an assistant coach for the LA Chargers.

Reactions: VAVol85
lol, my first thought is why she got the job in the first place. Not sorry, a woman should not be managing our football or basketball recruiting operations EVER!
I, however, don't mind a woman being in recruiting, as long as they're not feminist-infected, or rabid and lying Metoo'ers.
[Waiting to be clubbed for daring to say such thing]

Reactions: beachvol23
I, however, don't mind a woman being in recruiting, as long as they're not feminist-infected, or rabid and lying Metoo'ers.
[Waiting to be clubbed for daring to say such thing]
I actually don’t either, see Donde 💪, and I stand by my point and further it by the Director position and industry is highly specialized and there are nuances for it that a woman just can’t “get”.

Do any of the earlier clowns think for a second they would be hired by their wife and daughter’s ballet troupe to manage all the administration and understand choreography to recruit new members?

Case closed.

This is football recruiting…we need someone who can show recruits around the weight room, not schedule mani-pedi’s.

Ps. Please do not share this with Chancellor Plowman…she scares me.

I actually don’t either, see Donde 💪, and I stand by my point and further it by the Director position and industry is highly specialized and there are nuances for it that a woman just can’t “get”.

Do any of the earlier clowns think for a second they would be hired by their wife and daughter’s ballet troupe to manage all the administration and understand choreography to recruit new members?

Case closed.
Just as all men aren't the same, all women aren't the dame. Nuff said.

VN Store

Back